Quantcast Stuck In Something Of Some Sort Somehow NES Development Thread - Page 10 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2016, 12:33 PM

Hayden, still flushed to the tips of their ears, stepped out gingerly, avoiding Hunter's gaze. "T-Thanks," they mumbled. Glancing at his sword, Hayden suddenly wished that they had something useful to get themself out of situations, instead of having to burden others. Ah, well, they were out now.

Hayden turned to Connor, who had haphazardly fallen out of the tree. "Are you...okay?"
Old 07-03-2016, 12:33 PM

Connor stood back up, wincing a little. "My tailbone," he mumbled. Then he turned to Hayden. "I'll be all right. At least I'm on the ground now!"

"that's rough buddy"
Old 07-03-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
Hayden, still flushed to the tips of their ears, stepped out gingerly, avoiding Hunter's gaze. "T-Thanks," they mumbled. Glancing at his sword, Hayden suddenly wished that they had something useful to get themself out of situations, instead of having to burden others. Ah, well, they were out now.

Hayden turned to Connor, who had haphazardly fallen out of the tree. "Are you...okay?"
Hunter just shrugged and let his sword go back into resting form. Then he walked over to the others and leaned against the tree Conner had fallen from. He continued to look around. At least the world was red instead of brighter color like yellow or white. That would certainly get annoying.
"What's the last thing you remember?" He asked, turning to Conner.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:52 PM

Sitting up with the help of Jennifer, Liza watched her co-workers stumble around with amusement. You'd think for being some of the smartest scientists in the world, they'd at least be able to figure out how to climb down a tree.

She started to head toward the tree, which seemed to be the center of everything and a spot that she was at least willing to sit down at. The red dirt under her tennis shoes was starting to look an awful lot like jell-o...

Halfway to the tree, she noticed movement out of the corner of her eye and turned with surprise to see Bryce sitting in his desk chair (miraculously not red), eyes closed, apparently listening to music through his headphones. Ugh, she thought, he's here too?

It wasn't that she disliked Bryce, but he was just kind of... strange. Most of her other co-workers seemed almost scared of him, with his crazy ramblings and mad-scientist look. None of the employees seemed to particularly like him, but he kept to himself and they let him.

"Guys..." Liza started, pointing to Bryce. "Should someone maybe tell him that we're not in Kansas anymore?"
Old 07-03-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read_Write View Post
Sitting up with the help of Jennifer, Liza watched her co-workers stumble around with amusement. You'd think for being some of the smartest scientists in the world, they'd at least be able to figure out how to climb down a tree.

She started to head toward the tree, which seemed to be the center of everything and a spot that she was at least willing to sit down at. The red dirt under her tennis shoes was starting to look an awful lot like jell-o...

Halfway to the tree, she noticed movement out of the corner of her eye and turned with surprise to see Bryce sitting in his desk chair (miraculously not red), eyes closed, apparently listening to music through his headphones. Ugh, she thought, he's here too?

It wasn't that she disliked Bryce, but he was just kind of... strange. Most of her other co-workers seemed almost scared of him, with his crazy ramblings and mad-scientist look. None of the employees seemed to particularly like him, but he kept to himself and they let him.

"Guys..." Liza started, pointing to Bryce. "Should someone maybe tell him that we're not in Kansas anymore?"
Hunter sighed when all eyes turned to him. Apparently he was one of the only people who wasn't afraid of Bryce. Great.
He walked over to Bryce and tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey." He waited until Bryce looked up to gesture towards the red area they were in. "You'll want to see this."
Old 07-03-2016, 01:06 PM

Going quiet again, Hayden looked to where Liza was pointing, and their eyes were fixated on the desk chair. Its lack of redness was immensely soothing, restoring at least some semblance of normalcy to the situation. But still, why did Bryce get to keep his desk chair while everyone else ended up in trees and bushes and bathtubs?

Possibilities swirled in Hayden's mind. Maybe, since he was the only one not plagued by the scarlet fever that comprised the surroundings, he knew something the others didn't? Could he have orchestrated this entire...transportation? Bryce was generally scatterbrained even in the lab, though, so that was probably far fetched. Then again, he worked more than anyone else, so he had the means to--

Just stop thinking already, Hayden, they thought wearily. If they continued down that path then things would only make less sense.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:09 PM

After a few seconds, Bryce looked up at Hunter, not quite focusing on him, and pulled out a red (what a surprise!) ballpoint pen. He tugged off his headphones, and asked, "Is there a problem? You know, I can fix that sword you've got there, it takes approximately 3.427 seconds to take out, I can cut that all the way down to 1.291..." He started muttering to himself until Hunter tapped him on the shoulder again and gestured to the very, very red world.

"Oh," Bryce muttered, still thinking about the sword, and then seemed to realize that everything was red. "Huh. Interesting."

Then he started writing equations on his arm, leaving everyone staring at him for a minute. Finally, he clicked the pen closed and looked up again. "It should not be red. Red should be impossible. Orange would be quite easy to create, or green, even. I wonder why red... Oh. OH. I see now... It must be 4:37 pm. That's quite a bit of genius there..."

Last edited by Read_Write; 07-03-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:49 PM

Connor quirked an eyebrow. Bryce was the only person he hadn't of a nickname for as far as his coworkers went. "What does the time have to do with anything?" asked Connor suddenly.

"that's rough buddy"
Old 07-03-2016, 02:01 PM

Hayden stared, perplexed. They and Bryce both specialized in the field of mathematics, and Hayden admired his work ethic, but he was rather impossible to figure out. Hayden felt that they should know what he meant by the time, but try as they might they couldn't come up with any explanation or connection.

Frustrated, they plucked at the bottom of their shirt. "I don't understand either," Hayden said quietly.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:46 PM

Bryce looked up at them again suddenly, and said, "You don't know what the time of day represents? Well, I suppose you wouldn't... the clock to you simply presents an hour, a minute, a second... You," he said, looking at Liza. "Your watch. It is much more than just time..."

Liza stared at him for a second, surprised to be called out. "Uh, yeah, it turns into a shield..."

Bryce nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, yes, then you must understand! If you made the watch, you are so very close to figuring out the exact formula for time travel, teleportation, and cloaking technologies. You see..." More rambling.

Liza stared at him a second more, and then said, "But I didn't make it."

Bryce stopped what he was saying, looking shocked. "Well, then who did?"

"I don't know," Liza said, looking down. "I found it on my desk one day at work, with a note that told me it was made specifically for me. I never found out who..."

"Oh, no." Bryce looked worried. "This could be very bad. Very bad indeed... You see, the color represents the time of day. Red, of course, means the sixteenth hour, and once you get closer and closer to the next hour the color starts to change. See that couch?" Bryce pointed to the couch Hunter had arrived on. Its color had started to fade, and it was looking much more pink than red.

"Well, what color is the seventeenth hour, then?" Liza demanded.

"Isn't it obvious?" Bryce looked concerned. "Well, at least it must be obvious for you..." He turned to Hayden expectantly.

Tags
ㅋㅋㅋ, hello sammimon roll, hi kaitlyn, kaitlyn was here, luna was here, sammimon roll was here, sup luna, thx ppl who "hi kaitlyn"