Quantcast 2012 Presidential/Vice Presidential Debates - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > US Elections
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who Won the First Presidential Debate?
Barack Obama 0 0%
Mitt Romney 9 81.82%
Neutral 1 9.09%
**this is not an option** note: only statistics are shown; your vote is private. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2012, 04:34 PM

Default 2012 Presidential/Vice Presidential Debates

All right, so someone's got to post this! Might as well be me, haha

1. Who do you think won the first Presidential Debate last night? Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?
2. What were some key points for both of them?
3. Where did both of them slip up?
4. Do you think polls will look like in the next few days?
5. Do you agree with ObamaCare?
6. RomneyCare?
7. What do you think about Al Gore's excuse for Obama? (for those of you who don't know, he was recorded last night saying that the reason for Obama's performance was that he did not have time to adjust to the high altitude of about 5000 feet)
8. What do you think about Mitt's eye contact?
9. Obama's lack thereof?
10. What do you think about Obama snapping at Jim Lehrer (about his remaining five seconds) partially through the debate?
11. What do you think about Obama wishing a happy anniversary to the First Lady, Michelle Obama?
12. What do you think about Jim Lehrer's performance?

Anything else you have to add, please say! Answer any or all
~FMD
Old 10-04-2012, 05:31 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Moogle

1. Who do you think won the first Presidential Debate last night? Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?
2. What were some key points for both of them? this feels like an essay...so I may just ignore some questions. But I thought it was funny how both of them totally ignored the rules and just kind of pushed Jim around xD
3. Where did both of them slip up? Mitt Romney looked amused when he Obama was talking, haha!
4. Do you think polls will look like in the next few days? That question is not phrased correctly D: D:
5. Do you agree with ObamaCare? 0_o
6. RomneyCare?o_0
7. What do you think about Al Gore's excuse for Obama? (for those of you who don't know, he was recorded last night saying that the reason for Obama's performance was that he did not have time to adjust to the high altitude of about 5000 feet) Um, 5280 to be exact. The Mile High City!!!!! *le is a proud Denver(ish) girl* I know a kid whos mom pretty much organized the whole thing
8. What do you think about Mitt's eye contact? Umm.....didzn't pay attention >.<
9. Obama's lack thereof? Haha one of my friend's mom said she thinks he didn't do good because he was arguing with his wife before because he wanted to bring his kids, but she didn't, and then he saw that Romney had his family there and was upset xDDDD
10. What do you think about Obama snapping at Jim Lehrer (about his remaining five seconds) partially through the debate? It was funny xD
11. What do you think about Obama wishing a happy anniversary to the First Lady, Michelle Obama? Be dare anything wrong with that? *trollface*
12. What do you think about Jim Lehrer's performance? As Santa said in Elf, "I'm getting too old for this job"

Overall I found it really boring, but that's probably just because I had to stay up late and write an essay on it after, and I'm just not interested in politics :P

What's the point in all this screaming?
No one's listening anyway
I'm published! http://bookstore.kidpub.com/product_.../wings-of-gold
Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 PM

Oh, wow, SaddleAngel, because it's definitely not obvious what your political opinions are... XD

I like Mitt Romney, anyway. But there's nothing wrong with saying something about your wife. Honestly.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 10-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
Oh, wow, SaddleAngel, because it's definitely not obvious what your political opinions are... XD

I like Mitt Romney, anyway. But there's nothing wrong with saying something about your wife. Honestly.
I agree with your liking Mitt Romney
Obama was nervous. you could completely tell he wasn't as prepared as he thought. when Romney talked he was moving stuff around on his desk and rearranging it, a sign of nervousness and I've gotta say, he was burned a couple times. XD
This is like the first governmental related thing I've watched XD

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 10-04-2012, 10:33 PM

Mitt Romney did better than I expected, but Obama still did well. I didn't watch the entire thing, but I just remember Romney totally abandoning his tax cut plan. Obama used arithmetic. I like it. I think it was a pretty fair debate, all in all. I'm so excited for Biden vs. Ryan.
Paul Ryan just pisses me off sometimes with his lack of specific facts, and Biden is just so cool. I mean, everyone loves Joe Biden. He's a bit nuts, but he's quite awesome.
Let's not make this a debate, peeps. Just stick with stating your opinions and leaving it at that, k?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
2. What were some key points for both of them? this feels like an essay...so I may just ignore some questions. But I thought it was funny how both of them totally ignored the rules and just kind of pushed Jim around xD
3. Where did both of them slip up? Mitt Romney looked amused when he Obama was talking, haha!
4. Do you think polls will look like in the next few days? That question is not phrased correctly D: D:
5. Do you agree with ObamaCare? 0_o
6. RomneyCare?o_0
7. What do you think about Al Gore's excuse for Obama? (for those of you who don't know, he was recorded last night saying that the reason for Obama's performance was that he did not have time to adjust to the high altitude of about 5000 feet) Um, 5280 to be exact. The Mile High City!!!!! *le is a proud Denver(ish) girl* I know a kid whos mom pretty much organized the whole thing
8. What do you think about Mitt's eye contact? Umm.....didzn't pay attention >.<
9. Obama's lack thereof? Haha one of my friend's mom said she thinks he didn't do good because he was arguing with his wife before because he wanted to bring his kids, but she didn't, and then he saw that Romney had his family there and was upset xDDDD
10. What do you think about Obama snapping at Jim Lehrer (about his remaining five seconds) partially through the debate? It was funny xD
11. What do you think about Obama wishing a happy anniversary to the First Lady, Michelle Obama? Be dare anything wrong with that? *trollface*
12. What do you think about Jim Lehrer's performance? As Santa said in Elf, "I'm getting too old for this job"

Overall I found it really boring, but that's probably just because I had to stay up late and write an essay on it after, and I'm just not interested in politics :P
@4: Yes, I apologize. I should have included a "what" before "do."
@7: I was doing this quickly, and didn't have time to look up the actual height of Denver... Thus, "about" was included.
@11: There was nothing biased in that statement... I only included it because I know some people thought it wasn't time-efficient.

~FMD
Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post

The polite expression of our political opinions is the reason this thread was posted... Just saying.
Haha so do I As I said in my above comment: that question was unbiased and included only because I know some people that didn't think it was necessary/efficient.

~FMD

Tags
barack obama, econopee, joe biden, lst you can't leave, mitt romney, paul ryan, presidential debates, romney!, there'remoretagsthanposts, yes there is