Quantcast I like fish. Aka Mathilda and Ms. GingerTaur Co Write. - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2014, 12:01 PM

Awesome idea! I like the idea of a fake friend type thing... good one. Team Keith!!!! LOL. Ps. thanks 4 adding me 2 your friends list on your bio!

Last edited by Ms.GingerTaur; 05-03-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:38 PM

You're welcome! Do you like the title? Here's all of chapter one. I'll also post it on kidpub.

Imogen sat down at her chair studying the textbook. Over and over she skimmed the pages trying to soak in as much information as she could. Tick, tick, tick. Her clock counted down the seconds until one in the morning. Imogen's eyes blurred over. The words on the page danced around in her head. "Twenty first amendment: Repeals the eighteenth amendment which banned the sales or creation of alcoholic drinks," she thought sleepily. Her head tilted to one side, then thunked onto her desk. Imogen drifted off into a dream.

She sat up in her bed. Propel dressed in purple hustled around her. "Subject has mental stirrings," a man announced.

"Enforce the dream creator," a feminine voice replied.

"Dream creator not responding."

"Call up technician unit for help," The lady ordered.

"Experimentalists need technical support. Dream creator malfunctioning," The man said into an intercom. Some men in green suits came in.

"Not a technical difficulty. The subject is resisting," A green suited guy announced. A silence settled in the previously loud room. The woman was the first to speak.

"Send thought waves indicating a dream," she said. Imogen felt a pinch inside her brain.

"Subject waking now," a voice said.

Imogen slowly opened her eyes. She knew she had a weird dream, but the more she tried to remember it, the further back in her mind it went. Imogen shook around her auburn hair, and noticed she had drooled on the textbook. Quickly she wiped the drool off, and hoped the book would dry by the morning. Imogen looked at the clock and noticed it was a quarter to seven. She needed an excuse to not go to school.

Imogen dashed down the hall, making sure not to wake her parents. She turned on the shower and set the water as hot as it would go. Imogen took a scalding five minute shower in hopes it would raise her body temperature.

Her towel wrapped around her, she crept into the kitchen to cut up some tomatoes. Imogen poured a glass of water, then squeezed a tomato slice's seeds in it. She popped two other tomato slices in her mouth, then got rid of all evidence. Imogen set the glass behind her alarm clock, dried off, hung the towel back up in the bathroom, dressed herself, and got back into bed. Setting her alarm to seven forty-five, she prepared for an hour's sleep.

Imogen was woken by a beeping. She turned off her alarm clock, and gulped down the tomato seed drink. Immediately Imogen gagged, and lost her appetite. Exactly what the concoction was meant to do. Imogen prepared herself for a great deal of acting. Her mom's footsteps echoed in the hall. Imogen settled deeper into her covers.

"Gen, you're going to school in forty-five minutes," Caren Esty, Imogen's mother said.

"I don't feel so good," Imogen weakly said. Caren walked into the room, and placed a hand on her daughter's forehead.

"You do feel a little warm. I'll call the school and say you're sick." Once Caren left the room, Imogen sighed with relief. She wouldn't have to face the test she wasn't ready off today. As Imogen relaxed in her bed, her thoughts drifted to the fuzzy dream. One line wove through her memory.

"The subject is resisting."
Old 05-03-2014, 12:44 PM

Love it! This probably is about two or three pages, so I could be called a chapter. I will start working on the next chapter now .
Old 05-03-2014, 12:46 PM

It's sci-fi right?
Old 05-03-2014, 12:47 PM

I guess that's what I would be called. Ps. can she have a younger brother in real life????????
Old 05-03-2014, 12:52 PM

Of course!!! But then I feel bad for Imogen. Little siblings are annoying.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:58 PM

Agreed. I jut had some funny ideas. You will see.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:03 PM

Thanks a lot for leaving me in suspense. Once we get to actiony parts we should have a lot of cliff-hangers.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:07 PM

Agreed. Do you want me to post what I have written so far? What year is this set?
Old 05-03-2014, 01:08 PM

OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!

Tags
co-write, frank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, monsterhighknowitall, wendy waz here!, yay, you people are noobs