Quantcast KidPubber of the Week - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Guilds
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2017, 08:09 AM

Default KidPubber of the Week

Hello fellow KPers! A few days ago, I came up with the idea that you see in the title. Let me explain.

Anyone who wants to can sign up on this thread... easy as pie! Al you have to do is put in the name you want to or are already be called by(example:Alem) and your username(alemye10/smile*Alem*). That includes on the main site and the one you use to log in. Just put a / between them. Next, please put a reason why you think you should be picked.

Next, I will create a poll including all names each Sunday. Everybody must vote BY Saturday so I can announce the winner on this thread. They will get a comment on any work they choose.

Signed up so far(will be edited)

ALEM~~alemye10/Smile*Alem*

^^that is for next week. Please sign up! Questions will be answered ASAP. Help is appreciated
**i will put my reason in later.

Last edited by alemye10; 10-23-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:18 AM

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but what exactly is the point of this? I might be wrong but this seems to essentially be a popularity contest. If there were to be a "Kidpubber of the Week" shouldn't it be based on how much they've posted, how many comments they've made, or something like that??
Sorry dude, it's a chill idea I'm not trying to insult it or you or anything.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
Sorry, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but what exactly is the point of this? I might be wrong but this seems to essentially be a popularity contest. If there were to be a "Kidpubber of the Week" shouldn't it be based on how much they've posted, how many comments they've made, or something like that??
Sorry dude, it's a chill idea I'm not trying to insult it or you or anything.
That’s a very good point that I’m glad you brought up, Norah! When I originally thought up of the idea, I realized some people might feel offended or feel like they have no chance because if their so called ‘popularity’.

When people vote, it’s DEFINETLY NOT about who’s best or coolest or who's been here the longest. We should vote based on the important stuff such as: Writing quality, helpfulness, how active they are(IMPORTANT: by active I mean how often they make an effort to make KP better, not how often they get on because many of us lead busy lives), how many comments they give(NOT receive) and general stuff like that.

Thanks for asking and I hope this works out!

I’m sorry for the misunderstandment, looking back, I realized it did seem like a popularity contest! One again, I apologize and remember, if you sign up, put in why you should be picked.

Questions are welcome!
Old 10-23-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemye10 View Post
That’s a very good point that I’m glad you brought up, Norah! When I originally thought up of the idea, I realized some people might feel offended or feel like they have no chance because if their so called ‘popularity’.

When people vote, it’s DEFINETLY NOT about who’s best or coolest or who's been here the longest. We should vote based on the important stuff such as: Writing quality, helpfulness, how active they are(IMPORTANT: by active I mean how often they make an effort to make KP better, not how often they get on because many of us lead busy lives), how many comments they give(NOT receive) and general stuff like that.

Thanks for asking and I hope this works out!

I’m sorry for the misunderstandment, looking back, I realized it did seem like a popularity contest! One again, I apologize and remember, if you sign up, put in why you should be picked.

Questions are welcome!
Yeah okay I guess that works kind of but you can't always trust people to be unbiased? It's very very difficult not to be unbiased. Why not actually evaluate people and look at what they've done instead of what other people think they've done? I certainly don't know who is on the most or posts the most or any of that stuff. I don't know, sorry
Old 10-24-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
Yeah okay I guess that works kind of but you can't always trust people to be unbiased? It's very very difficult not to be unbiased. Why not actually evaluate people and look at what they've done instead of what other people think they've done? I certainly don't know who is on the most or posts the most or any of that stuff. I don't know, sorry
I think I agree with Norah on this, but on the other hand that's more effort
Anyways, cool idea
Old 10-25-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
I think I agree with Norah on this, but on the other hand that's more effort
Anyways, cool idea
Well yeah, the whole point is to make an effort. But if it is not that interesting to you guys, I can just scratch the idea unless someone wants to do it.