Quantcast Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. - Page 1951 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
@autumn yoo my dude u should respond to my email
oh my gosh i thought you stopped responding lol i've been refreshing like every hour the past couple of days but it must not have gone through!! do you mind sending again? THANK YOU

(finding neverland)
Old 05-05-2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
as someone who was highkey suicidal but is now only lowkey suicidal tbh i never really thought people would care. like if i killed myself, i'd be doing myself and everyone else a favor. and sure, in the beginning, when my friends told me positive things and validated me, it helped. but now, it feels sappy and cheesy and insincere. i hate it when people tell me that things will get better, because for some people, it doesnt. you just have to find a way to cope. and i hate when people tell me how worthy and good i am, it makes me feel sick and i hate it. after dealing with mental illness and suicidal ideation for like 6 years, people telling me how much they care about me just sounds like noise. doesnt mean shit.

tbh this past winter the only thing that kept me alive was the knowledge that my cats would be thrown outside and fed crappy food if i werent around. i stuck around for the cats.

that being said, superj's advice might still work confuzzled. i was just sharing my perspective bc what might work for some might not work for others
do you mind if i ask you what would help now? like if there's even small things like bringing food or watching a movie with you or something?

(finding neverland)
Old 05-05-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
do you mind if i ask you what would help now? like if there's even small things like bringing food or watching a movie with you or something?
good question! i didnt even think abt that.

so usually if im feeling like people are better off without me, i tend to self isolate. however, if i'm just feeling really bad and anxious , sometimes ill reach out to my friends and ask them to distract me. it helps both online and/or in real life for them to just talk to me about anything thats not particularly negative or overly positive. just neutral stuff. like talk to me about a movie or a tv show you recently saw, your newest project, what youre reading, something cute or funny that your pets did, even just describing what you did today. literally anything to distract me and calm me down.

as always, ask your friend if that kind of stuff would help bc although it might help me it might not help them. hope this is helpful to u
Old 05-06-2017, 09:31 AM

Maybe someone can answer this question:

What should you do if someone you know is talking about killing themself
and everyone else you know is making fun and not realizing that they have feelings too? idk. Because, it could be serious, or it could not be so serious.
Maybe i'm over reacting.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:02 PM

okay, no one cares, that's totally fine!
Old 05-07-2017, 03:29 PM

@sally just tell them that they're loved and you'd miss them if they weren't there, even if it sounds like a joke it would still help.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 05-07-2017, 03:48 PM

thanks. I just need support. U know what I mean?
Old 05-07-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner View Post
Maybe someone can answer this question:

What should you do if someone you know is talking about killing themself
and everyone else you know is making fun and not realizing that they have feelings too? idk. Because, it could be serious, or it could not be so serious.
Maybe i'm over reacting.
tell your friend that you are not going to judge them and that you are there to listen if they ever need to talk to someone. even if everyone else makes fun of your friend, you can still be there for your friend and your friend may be grateful to have someone who takes them seriously.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:16 PM

i wish my friends gave me nice advice like "dont worry. go to sleep and you'll feel better" or something like that but when they give me advice i feel like theyre criticizing me more than anything.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:50 PM

I HATE BEING THE WORST I HATE BEInG BEHIND WHY CANT I EVER WIN LIKE I NEED TO
they'd lead me to y o u

Tags
♥lifepleaseguys:'), afraid to keep on living, bettertoburnoutthanfade, black n hopeless feeling, do what?, do you ever wonder?, face the north, i give up; okay?, i love u its gon b ok, i'm already dead inside, i'm so sorry, i'm there for you :), ignored as usual, ihopethebunnycheersuup:), just pray :), kayla was here, o_o this is insane, smexy elmo, someone's bitter, tags y u so weird?, takesometimetofeelbetter, theblackisclosingin, they're following me...:(, we got this!, you are not alone