Quantcast Big, big friend problem - Page 4 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwara View Post
Yeah no kidding. I'm a weird person. My friends are weird. We know and admit to being weird. It's no secret and no one really cares...except for "normal" friends.
I have no other "weird" friends. At my school most of the kids despise reading and writing.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:04 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

Oh, we'll we're weird just because we're different. Not in the love of reading writing sort of way, there's only one other friend who shares my love of reading and writing.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:24 PM

Is there anywhere where you could show off some of your best writing? Like a contest or something? Maybe they'd find more respect for you just by knowing that you're actually doing something in your notebook.

Also, stand up for yourself. It really does work. But not by being mean -- making rude comments, etc. Just make it obvious that you're proud to be yourself, and that you plan to keep on writing no matter what anyone says.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:39 PM

I have only one friend who reads good books, and she kinda likes to write. The others make fun of us sometimes for being "bookworms". Honestly, people are (I've said this before, I'll say it again) totally and completely ignorant idiots.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shayok

Usually those kinds of people end up cleaning out the closet in your awesome mansion when you're rich and successful.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:44 PM

They shall be my slaves.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:50 PM

Shayok's right, well, unless they get serious later...........
Old 06-21-2009, 01:13 PM

I highly doubt it. And I don't really want to kill them, since they're my friends, so I'm keeping them around as slaves.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 AM

Lily,

Nearly everyone at my school hates reading and writing too. My english class in 8th grade sucked because they wouldn't take it seriously.
But think about it. You're in 4th grade and you already enjoy it. You know what you like. So stick with it.
I got labeled a book-worm when I started at my new school. I got made fun of. But the only reason people bully is because they have serious self-esteem problems. They pick on people like you because it makes them feel better about themselves.
If they call you a nerd, or a dork, or a geek, it's because they're probably insecure about themselves. They're trying to pull you down to their level.
Next time someone starts picking on you, kill them with kindness. Not kidding. It works. Don't flare up at them, or they'll pick on you more. They want a reaction. That's why they're picking on you.

Most of that was said before though.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:44 AM

It's not just me? *wonder* Geez... I always thought I was like... wow. that's reassuring Anyway, by me it's like my whole class, who pretend to be my best friend, and then they talk to me with big eyes and stuff, like I'm some kind of mentally disabled kid. I can't tell the tearcher 'cause it's all the teacher's pets that talk to me like that and *sighs* anyway, I just write in my little black book, it helps 'cause then I'm not "in the same world" as they are, you know? I know it kinda sucks to be alone, and it make me depressed sometimes to know that I'm probably not gonna have the same experiance as some of the other girls, but oh, wow, the "little world" in my little black book makes up for it...