Quantcast Big, big friend problem - Page 7 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 04:41 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

oh, fourteen year old brothers might not believe you....I can tell just by the other fourteen year old guys I've met. Fifteen year old guys and older are just as bad. HSchooler here..I have to know these things..

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:17 PM

Okay, this is where I draw the line. I know I haven't been posting on this thread, but I can't stand it anymore. Like a few other people on here, I get protective of my siblings. I would expect my one and only sister to do the same for me, although she is younger than me. I kind of already earned respect from people because I have had my book published, and I'm strong. (I had the opportunity to pin two of my friends down at a sleepover.) Anyway, I don't know how you were able to restrain hurting someone ~ you're like Bella in Breaking Dawn. So, answer this question: are you a truthful person? If your answer is yes, you have many different options.

Tell your parents, older brother, but probably not your teacher. If your teacher picks favorites when they're told specifically not to ~ my parents are both teachers, believe me, I know these things ~ then telling them isn't really a good idea. If you haven't confronted the principal, then tell your principal that you would like to speak to them. There are a lot of things going on that your principal will be able to stop with fourth-graders. (Not to offend you or anything, but when people are young, it's easier to stop harassment when kids are younger.) If the people you tell don't believe you, say, "Would I really lie about something like this?"

Now, there's something else that will probably happen if your principal believes you: he or she will gather up some of the students that have been hurting you emotionally, tripping you, etc... and ask them questions. They will most likely deny it, which is when the principal will be questionable and free to choose sides. The principal will come back to you and tell you that those people (or that person) denied it. He or she will tell you that they're hoping that you're being truthful, and not lying. If you haven't already said this, say, "Would I really, truly, lie about something like this? You should see what happens at recess and everything else..." Or something like that, you know? I hope I helped... TIME TO WRITE MY NEXT NOVEL! YAY!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 02:22 PM

I'm mostly trust worthy. Jacob (my brother) did belive me once I had a problem like this but he doesen't anymore.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:39 PM

mmmm....... you could ask him for a chance to prove it, if you can think of a way. He'd probably go with it at least once.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to feather4heather

My advice is like...instead of writing during recess, try to talk to them and be their friend or something. Either that or just talk to Rosie and stuff. I don't know. They mmight hink that you think you're too good for them so you're writing because you don't like them. Just try to be nice to them or something. By writing, you're not facing your problems you're just escaping it. And instead of standing up for yourself (which you should do but you can do this too) just like make sure they know that you're trying to be nice. Act like you do have friends besides Rosie. And writing doesn'tmake you a nerd. Telling the principal won't make them stop completely. You have to try to reason with them, give them reasons why THEY could be made fun of, and why YOU shouldn't be. anyways, those people are big...um...jerks. You're in fourth grade. They're not going to go that far. A lot of people get bullied in elementary school but in middle school the bullies stop because in middle school, everyone's just too grown up for all that childish stupid stuff and they don't care. And you'll meet new people in middle school and make new friends. so...idk. just do your best I was sort of bullied in 5th grade. kinda. i was made fun of because i had big eyes and i was really shy. but i overcame my shyness and i realized that a lot of models have big eyes and big eyes are pretty. Well, not really, I always look ugly in my eyes but I just stood up for myself and my friends stood up for me and then I was kinda in the popular clique in 6th grade, and 7th grade I was awesome because I wasn't in a clique. I'm friends with like, a person from every freaking 'clique.' Just be nice, stand up for yourself, and ignore them. (:
Old 08-05-2009, 02:28 PM

I told my mom. She finally believed me! Yay! Now I think I'll start out the school year right. Thanks for the advice!

queer power, queer pride.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Danish621 Send a message via Yahoo to Danish621

haha...Thanks for telling me what middle school's like. I'm going into sixth grade and I never really was scared except I read a school story about bullies and whatnot and became all paranoid. Paranoid is my thing. ^.^

Anywho, my school has "cliques", which I call "clans", except I'm not in to that sorta thing. I'd rather just, you know, chill.

I was never really bullied in elementary school (if you don't count that one boy who makes fun of you cos he likes you), except in fifth grade I had some rotten friends that ditched me when I went to fetch my notebook or something. I stood up to them....and luckily it worked out. I hope you have a great year in fifth grade, Lily.

Oh, and just for the heck of it, a cliched piece of advice: Be yourself! Yay! You wear hot pink glasses, right? ....AWESOME~!

Have a grape day.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:37 PM

NOOO! Nothing worked out. Everyone still hates me!

Old 09-12-2009, 05:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Danish621 Send a message via Yahoo to Danish621

When I was in fifth grade, teasing wasn't so harsh...Gosh.

Hmm.

When all goes wrong, make a Harry Potter reference.

You said it yourself, you remind yourself of Luna Lovegood. So maybe you should just be a free bird and not care what anyone thinks of you--that's what I did when everyone started spreading rumors about me. Or you can try and find someone else who is a writer at your school, or something.

If it gets really bad, you need to talk to like a counselor, a teacher you really like or something...but only if it's resulted to really sucky teasing.

Have a grape day.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:23 PM

Not care! Oh yeah, Rosie moved. I have no friends and everyone hates me!!!