forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > KidPub News
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 11:24 AM

WAIT I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS ONLY PART ONE OF THE CHAPTER
wat
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 03-24-2014, 09:34 PM

That scorching crimson noon stung her electric sapphire eyes. Golden flecks, hid behind her darting sky-blue irises, glowed in the firelight. All of the colors were gone as she closed her eyes and dreamed—Shadows of people, light and dark, both danced behind a white draped sheet. The hanging cloth seemed to stretch infinitely both horizontally and vertically. Eve stretched out her thin hand; in the cloth wall’s white reflection her dark flesh looked as white as the annual winter blizzards that came to her village once or twice every year. She turned so that on one side of her there was a white wall of glory, and on her right side darkness stretched out into a great unknown plain. Is this my choice? Eve thought. Light or dark, Good or Evil—I don’t know. The pressure of choice was too much for her small thin frame. She contracted into a miniature being on the dark glassy floor. In the glossy black floor she saw her face; half pale in the light. Sweat clung to Eve’s arms, forehead, legs, scalp, and—Eve’s eyes fluttered open, tears flinging from her long eyelashes, hands gripping to the much covered material of her dress. Sweat and blood gathered in her mouth, tasting like salt and copper.
Across the dying fire a small figure sprawled himself out on the earth. His cheeks were flushed from the biting temperatures; dark eyes opened up and told her his story without any verbal action at all. The sad posture he owned consumed her and she couldn’t think about any of the brutal things he had done to people, people she’d known; people she loved. Eve pushed the awful thoughts of the boy and remembered her choices she had made since their meeting. Choices were never what she enjoyed making—cakes, bread, tarts, weapons even, but not choices. Mrs. Bee had given them challenges in class that had choices, and she copied answers off of Jonas Ginger, the smartest boy in their village. That was four years ago. You’d think she would be better at stuff like that now.
Pale light reflected off of his burnt golden hair, making shadows on the ground. The flickering flames had completely died now; the boy was brighter than the fire had been though, he was brighter than the rising sun in the east. Eve rubbed her hands together, hoping that the brightness of the boy generated rays of heat like a campfire, or the sun. As he leaned forward—positioned with his elbows on his knees and hands under his chin in fists—shadows of the surroundings trees stretched across him. He was no longer a beacon of light, but a torch drenched by pouring downfall.
“Good,” He said, eyes drifting off into the atmosphere around them. “You’re already awake.”
“So?” She started packing her things, knowing where he was getting to in their conversation.
“So … we need to leave before the ogres come.” He rolled his eyes at her lack of knowledge to the place they were in and started walking into the darkness of the forest.
“Ogres are only in the north,” Eve remarked. She hoped that she was right so she could prove herself to know some knowledge of the magic side.
“And mermaids are only in the fiery pits of Hell—I think not. The smaller ogres are in the northern mountains. The bigger ones, well, they like to run around the south stomping on nomads’ heads; at the time, we are nomads to them.” He turned back and scowled. Eve had only finished packing her first bag, the one with her things, and now she was starting on the food bag.
Suddenly, with the rhythmic snap of his fingers all of the strewed food flew gently into the bag and the leather bound satchel of stale bread and honey hovered to him. “Do you have to use magic for everything?”
“Yes.” And he turned back to look at his path that he had chosen. “Come on ore we’ll be late. I have a certain date that I don’t want to miss.”
Old 03-26-2014, 10:26 PM

Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by avbhabra; 03-26-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:42 PM

Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
I don't have time right now but I promise I'll read it sometime.
Thank you so much!! It means a lot to me that you'll read it.

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-01-2014, 05:48 PM

Location: I'm not telling you! Stalkers! Fine, I'll concede. I live in the observable universe

"Working for Descendant is dangerous. They are our suppliers, our government. They sit on the town council and run the experiment. But I know working for them is taking a risk. Many people who go to work for Descendant stay at the headquarters for the rest of their lives. Or they die.

Julia Test didn’t make it. She was the top student in Casper. She was worshiped by the students and other citizens for being able to conform yet excell. She was perfect and she still fell.

What are my chances?

Now, life has been broken. The orderly life of Casper that I try so hard to maintain. I try and fight the instincts inside of me. I try to conform. I know that nothing can be the same now that my way of life is different. How do I function in this new and uncomfortable environment?

I try with all my power but I remain a hopeless and helpless child. What I have been taught to fear now engulfs me. Change."

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-c...one-2034146486
Old 05-05-2014, 06:32 PM

Name: The Bright Yellow Sunshine
Summary: This book tells about two kids (around 12-13 years old) named Sandy and Terry. They both DREAM about being the first human beings to go INSIDE the Sun! Terry, the inventor and scientific guy and Sandy, the enthusiastic, life-is-great girl, work together to achieve their goal.

Link to 1 chapter:
http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-c...ine-2971141243
Old 06-08-2014, 01:49 AM

Location: On the planet Gallifrey, watching the burning orange sky as it floats above me
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex

Hey I would really appreciate it if somebody checked out this short story I wrote and gave it some feedback! I'm going to enter it in a writing competition at my local bank so I'm trying to make it the best it can be I can do comment for a comment if you would like, just ask! It's called

HANDS

Its alot better than it sounds, trust me.
Me- I wanna go to the hunger games with Voldemort as Head Gamemaker and Hades is Cato! EFF YEAH!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to BookKitty

read this untitled story i'm starting
it's purdy cool i think.

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/untitled-now-2300148496
Old 06-24-2014, 04:21 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

I may need a new title for this.
If anyone has any ideas, it's cool.

It's currently called Von Schiller (but no one is reading it, I reckon the title's the problem)
It's runs from the beginning of Hitler's Chancellorship until after the war (so over the space of twelve years, condensed, which should be a challenge). It's about craziness, the right to be unique, and in particular about one young man called Otto, and how he affects those around him.

Something along those lines.

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-c...e-chapters-sor

Last edited by rebecca; 06-24-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Tags
epic tag, first me, lyall_areyel_was_here, my socks sing me songs, then you