Quantcast Colleges - Page 5 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 11-27-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoCat View Post
okay I finally found a thing for this and I thought I would leave it here. Thank you, whoever made the chart. Thank you.
ok au according to ages is one year ahead of uk so i'll be a freshman next year What]

TWO SECOND EDIT: IM SO EMBARRASSED US AND AU GRADES ARE THE SAME THEY JUST FINISH AT DIFFERENT TIMES *HIDES FACE*
Old 11-27-2014, 03:12 PM

We had guests over yesterday, and of course the topic of school popped up. One of our guests kept telling me to become an engineer. /likereallytellingme//becomeanengineer//you'resmart//sobecomeanengineer/ and i'm like over here barely scraping by with pre-calc
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 01-24-2015, 01:27 PM

I really want to go to an Ivy League school and major in like business, or maybe a science >.> I am fascinated with astronomy and the universe. (I have spent hours on youtube watching documentaries and stuff like that having to do with theories and the universe idk) I've ALWAYS wanted my own business ever since I came out of the womb. Like seriously. I used to be obsessed with wanting to own a store called Spring Gardens when I was like three. And I wanted it to sell like everything EXCEPT gardening and flowers. XD I used to think Spring Gardens sounded really majestic though. X3 Oh my, I was so crazy. I really love writing though...and FILM. I take photos of EVERYTHING MAN. AND VIDEOS TOO. I picked out what phone I wanted based on camera capability. XD I have taken like hundreds and thousands of pictures of rocks, trees, flower, people, food, blades of grass, you name it. XD and I take videos of like everything I cant even. XD IDK WHAT TO DO AHHHHH (Im in 9th grade._.)
Old 01-24-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaK View Post
I really want to go to an Ivy League school and major in like business, or maybe a science >.> I am fascinated with astronomy and the universe. (I have spent hours on youtube watching documentaries and stuff like that having to do with theories and the universe idk) I've ALWAYS wanted my own business ever since I came out of the womb. Like seriously. I used to be obsessed with wanting to own a store called Spring Gardens when I was like three. And I wanted it to sell like everything EXCEPT gardening and flowers. XD I used to think Spring Gardens sounded really majestic though. X3 Oh my, I was so crazy. I really love writing though...and FILM. I take photos of EVERYTHING MAN. AND VIDEOS TOO. I picked out what phone I wanted based on camera capability. XD I have taken like hundreds and thousands of pictures of rocks, trees, flower, people, food, blades of grass, you name it. XD and I take videos of like everything I cant even. XD IDK WHAT TO DO AHHHHH (Im in 9th grade._.)
You're in 9th grade, you don't HAVE to know what you want to do.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:47 PM

i wanna be a graphic design major yayyyy
i might get an actual internship soon from my dad's company and i am so excited you don't even know
of course i will keep doing music and swimming/running and stuff
finally i have my life somewhat planned out this is gonna be amazing <3
/is freshman/

Last edited by meerkat; 01-25-2015 at 01:44 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:29 PM

i can't even choose my favorite color how can i make life decisions
Old 01-26-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
You're in 9th grade, you don't HAVE to know what you want to do.
True true, but what if taking a class in HS is rated to what you want to do and may help get someone into a particular sub-school XD
Old 02-04-2015, 09:37 PM

I'm totally okay with going to college locally for a while, especially if it's a nice Christian college. my mom likes that too, but she keeps suggesting colleges that are within 6 hours of her hometown (this includes out of state, but it's not very far). My dad doesn't want me to stay in small town colleges for the rest of my life, and because he lives in the city he's all for me going up by him to go to college (cuz then i'll always be around and I won't have to pay room and board forever).

then I threaten to go to Calarts or an overseas school like OH I'M SORRY IS THAT FAR AWAY ENOUGH FOR YOU. IT'S NOT A CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, BUT IT'S GOT THE ART I WANT AND NOTHING HERE HAS THAT. WHAT'S THAT, I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER HOW MANY COOL THEATER AND ANIMATION STUDENTS I'M HANGING OUT WITH WHILE I GET MY MASTERS DEGREE BEFORE I CAN LEGALLY DRINK.

they still want me to stay nearby to them (dad wants me to go to college by his house and mom wants me to go to college near her. and they're both biased because the colleges they went to are really close by where they're living now). but i'm actually considering going to some colleges in California or New York and I think there are some campuses in Singapore, Paris, Hong Kong, and Florence, Italy that are based in our area. So, if I leave the country or go to the opposite coast to get my degree, u gotta deal with it. seriously. if I don't want to stay, i'm not gonna stay.

but they get really nervous when I mention Calarts like "everything is more expensive in california" and "well, there are colleges in pittsburgh and cincinnati that are way closer to your area" and "there's still that college in virginia that you wanted to go to". thanks, but I'm still the one making my life choices. so there.

CALIFORNIA HERE I COME. MAYBE.

Edit: I forgot to look at colleges in Canada. I blame Ashley.

EDIT: colleges in canada don't have what i'm looking for. back to looking at California

Last edited by CosmoCat; 02-04-2015 at 11:33 PM. Reason: because i want to that's why
Old 02-04-2015, 09:46 PM

Ok so I kind of don't want to go to school in America?? Well, I'm going to be doing IB, so at least I'll have some world focus in high school. If I do go to college out of the country, it'll probably be in the UK or Ireland, France, or Japan, bc by the end of hs those will (hopefully) be the three languages I can speak. (I want to learn more though.) I'm not even in high school yet but there's no harm in thinking about stuff like that. Idek what I want to major in, but it'll probably come from the arts and humanities, multi-/interdisciplinary studies, or social sciences. Hmm.
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 02-07-2015, 01:05 PM

When a college says they charge "out of state fees" they're really saying

"Whether or not you're from around here, WE LIKE TO SCREW EVERYONE EQUALLY. ENJOY YOUR DEBT SUCKAS."

because, seriously, who charges $40,000 a year simply because you wanted to eliminate the idea of out of state fees. seriously. the american education system is giving me a headache

Last edited by CosmoCat; 02-07-2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: gosh darn typos. i want to go to college in canada now