forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2017, 04:16 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to BookKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
yaaayayy ok so just to start off this sounds FAB and ADORABLE just sayin

now ok so I'm not realllyy an expert on this but maybe you should ask for his number before you do a whole lot more than that. yes it's cowardly to ask someone out over text, but it varies with your comfort level. But anyway, texting him is a good start.

idk mayb you already have his no. in that case--

ask him to hang out possibly??? maybe you can go to a bookstore or a coffee shop or some location for hipsters to chill and love each other so that could be cool. Again this really is for if you're still too shy to straight up ask him to date you.

but honestly it kinda sounds like you're at that point. if you think he likes you too, or if you know it wouldn't be weird to get rejected, go for it girl (I'm not sure of ur preferred pronouns so sorry if I'm making a generalization based off ur username). But hey, you might get rejected. IT happens. If that's the case, it's not going to be the end of the world. Probably you can still be friends, even if it's awkwards at first. But there are plenty of other cuties you can love on in the world, and keep in mind that your soulmate is out there. Maybe this dude will even come around later. Don't retract anything; just let him know you like him and leave it at that. don't apologize or anything, because you're not in trouble for liking a boy. This sounds super cute tho so tell me what happens!!!
hey um holy fucking shit esther can u delete this im gna die
Old 12-24-2017, 09:41 PM

so, two months ago i broke up with an ex-partner of mine. they were honestly in hindsight not a good person, but they're basically slandering my character and turning my friends against me and lying, and everybody defends them because they're painting me as some kind of a predator. (for context on that, they lied about their age to get with me. they're 15, i'm 17, but when we got together i thought they were my age.)

and like, i know this isn't my fault and they're the one who's hurt me, but everyone's making it seem like i have some kind of power over them and this is all my fault just because i'm "thin" (i'm honestly not) and i live in a 1st world country (they don't, but they are the ethnic majority in their country and i am not) and older. but this person took every part of my identity and basically either fetishised or complained about it, and i'm... hurt and disrespected to say the least.

they recently cut off all contact with me. i asked them to cut off contact with my best friend because i love her as a sister and i don't want them to hurt her, but they haven't listened. nobody else even cares that they did all of that to me, and they're going around telling people that i'm stalking them (which isn't true at all oh my god i don't care about them)

what the ever-loving fuck do i do
Old 12-27-2017, 05:08 AM

Default I saw this thread had been revived and I fuckin panicked, by fall out boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
so, two months ago i broke up with an ex-partner of mine. they were honestly in hindsight not a good person, but they're basically slandering my character and turning my friends against me and lying, and everybody defends them because they're painting me as some kind of a predator. (for context on that, they lied about their age to get with me. they're 15, i'm 17, but when we got together i thought they were my age.)

and like, i know this isn't my fault and they're the one who's hurt me, but everyone's making it seem like i have some kind of power over them and this is all my fault just because i'm "thin" (i'm honestly not) and i live in a 1st world country (they don't, but they are the ethnic majority in their country and i am not) and older. but this person took every part of my identity and basically either fetishised or complained about it, and i'm... hurt and disrespected to say the least.

they recently cut off all contact with me. i asked them to cut off contact with my best friend because i love her as a sister and i don't want them to hurt her, but they haven't listened. nobody else even cares that they did all of that to me, and they're going around telling people that i'm stalking them (which isn't true at all oh my god i don't care about them)

what the ever-loving fuck do i do
that fucking sucks first off and I'm really sorry that happened to you. These kinds of things often blow over, so I'm hoping it won't have a lot of lasting consequences. However, for now, I'd suggest trying to get in contact with your best friend and doing your best to share your side of the story. She might not take it, but if she's as close as you say you are, it sounds like it would be worth a shot. Also, I'm hoping there are some folks who this awful person hasn't "gotten to"? maybe people online or other friends who aren't involved; maybe you should work on developing closer connections with these people. In the end, there's not much you can do. this person seems insecure or narcissistic enough to do this because they're jealous of you/your looks/your talents or because they just have to make everything about themselves. That kind of pettiness doesn't and never will last forever, so even if it feels like they're never going to stop, something eventually will put an end to the madness. they obviously feel that they were the one wronged and they are busy trying to convince everyone else of that, but if you know and stick to the truth, the tables will turn in your favor eventually. your identity is unique and strong and real and beautiful, and honestly whoever fetishises it or complains about it has proba got big problems with themselves. hang in there love c:

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run