Quantcast Friend problem, and I need clarification - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2009, 08:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shayok
Default Friend problem, and I need clarification

My best school friend is really good friends with me. One of the best friendships I've been in. She often tells me some of her problems at school, and I often give her advice.
Perfect friendship, right?
Most of her problems stem from a white lie she tells to keep the person happy for a little while, which quickly spirals into a huge problem she can't get out of. For example, there's this guy who's real shy and he finally asked her out. She doesn't like him at all, though she says yes just to make him feel good. Yesterday he said he loved her, and guess what she did. Now she can't get out of this situation. She can't just tell this guy 'I just said that stuff to make you happy.' Doesn't work out.
Now, to the point. I'm kinda doubting this. I have no reason to believe she's not a true friend except for this, and I'm thankful and happy to be her friend, but still...I have reason to doubt.
I already contacted her and said that. I said it really nicely and all, but...
Advice?
-Basho Matsuo, Japanese haiku poet
Old 09-26-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayok View Post
My best school friend is really good friends with me. One of the best friendships I've been in. She often tells me some of her problems at school, and I often give her advice.
Perfect friendship, right?
Most of her problems stem from a white lie she tells to keep the person happy for a little while, which quickly spirals into a huge problem she can't get out of. For example, there's this guy who's real shy and he finally asked her out. She doesn't like him at all, though she says yes just to make him feel good. Yesterday he said he loved her, and guess what she did. Now she can't get out of this situation. She can't just tell this guy 'I just said that stuff to make you happy.' Doesn't work out.
Now, to the point. I'm kinda doubting this. I have no reason to believe she's not a true friend except for this, and I'm thankful and happy to be her friend, but still...I have reason to doubt.
I already contacted her and said that. I said it really nicely and all, but...
Advice?
Wow... That's really hard. If she keeps lying to people, you need to confront her and tell her immediately that it's not okay to lie again and again. It doesn't matter if you're nice or not, because, eventually, she may lie to you just to make you happy. You could also tell her that you can't be friends with someone who's not honest to you ~ if that's true. I hope this helps~good luck!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shayok

She doesn't lie alot, only for white lies. And I've told her before. Lemme see what happens.
-Basho Matsuo, Japanese haiku poet