forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteAbyss View Post
*Carter can meet Robin*
*OK but how? Maybe he'll run away and they meet on the streets?*

"I have your results, Mr. Mason. It has been determined that you are not a suspicious teenager, however we will be following up on you and your family just to be sure. We don't need anyone dangerous running around, you know what I mean?" the patrol says, and everyone forces a stiff laugh at his attempt to lighten the situation. I breathe a huge sigh of relief at his words.

I am not a suspicious teen.

Yeah right. If only they knew.

*btw I know it was short but whatever.*
Old 09-28-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaMator View Post
*OK but how? Maybe he'll run away and they meet on the streets?*

"I have your results, Mr. Mason. It has been determined that you are not a suspicious teenager, however we will be following up on you and your family just to be sure. We don't need anyone dangerous running around, you know what I mean?" the patrol says, and everyone forces a stiff laugh at his attempt to lighten the situation. I breathe a huge sigh of relief at his words.

I am not a suspicious teen.

Yeah right. If only they knew.

*btw I know it was short but whatever.*
You know in my post earlier carter was supposed to be the boy in the window but it is ok if it isn't
Old 09-29-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
You know in my post earlier carter was supposed to be the boy in the window but it is ok if it isn't
*Okay, sorry I just got a tad confusedů I have a solution tho. Let's pretend my last bit was taking place prior to the scene you wrote and that during the conversation Carter and the officials were having is when he spots Robin.*
Old 09-29-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
*Carter can meet Robin*

A jolt awakens me and I instinctively get into a fighting stance before realising it was just a cat. I looked up into the sky and noticed that it was was nearing dusk. I can't believe I slept in so late. I quickly jumped onto the nearest rooftop and made my way across it running and jumping to the closest rooftop over and over again. I slowed my pace down a bit and was slowly walking across a slanted rooftop when my foot slipped and I went sliding over the edge. As I went over my hands grabbed onto the gutter but I didn't have the strength to pull myself back up. I knew I could've used my powers but I was trying to be normal, so I was going to get out of this like a normal person even though this probably wasn't a situation a normal person would get stuck in. I dangled for a moment before I realised there was a window in front of me and a boy with brown hair and hazel eyes was staring directly at me. There was also two other men dressed in suits who I didn't realise I was there until that boy started gaping like a fish. The men turned around and I stared back frightened and shocked as I realised the men were from the government, who was currently hunting people like me. I heard one of the men shout, "call back up, we will get her this time," as he rushed for the front door.

I struggled for a bit longer before I knew it was hopeless and hurriedly let go and levitated myself to the ground . So much for being a normal person. I started running but in less than a minute I was surrounded by them. I saw that the boy was standing at his front door with an older gent who were both looking at me oddly.
"Now come on darlin," one of the operative sneered, "we won't hurt you if you come with us easily."

He was slowly taking steps forward and I reacted by lowering my head in not submission but shame of what I was about to do.
"I will never come with you," I screamed as I tried to focus on sending them all flying high in the air. When I looked up they were all floating there and I hurriedly bought them smashing to the ground. I was about to run off but my eyes locked with those of that boy and I could see something in his eyes which I mistook for disgust.
*I'm gonna proceed how I had mentioned above.*

After the patrol had naively declared me an un-suspicious teen, I sort of zoned out as he explained the procedures for their follow up with me, just to ensure that I truly wasn't of concern. So I had even staring at the pictures my grandfather and i had hung of him in his military uniform goodness knows how long ago. When I had decided that I'd studied his jacket as much as possible, I turned to look out the window.

And met eyes with a pair of shockingly ivory eyes.

I should've just looked away, but instead I just stood there like an idiot with my mouth open wondering why she was outside my window. The patrols must've noticed my staring because they very quickly turned their attention away from me and their procedures to the girl. The younger patrol yelled at the older patrol, "Call back up, we'll get her this time!" With that the girl took off.

Oh. my. god. She was like me. I had to find her and I had to help her. The patrols were already gone and out the door, and grandfather had returned to his nightly news on the NetScreen. He was so engrossed in the latest reports of the suspicious teen roundup that he barely noticed me slip out the door and into the streets. I had to find her. I needed someone else who understood what was wrong with me. So I ran, but only for a block or two before I heard the girl screaming something I was too far away to understand, and saw all of the patrols flying through the air.

I stared at her intensely, trying to figure out how to approach her. People always told me it was hard to read my emotions, so when the girl finally looked at me she looked a bit taken aback before regaining her composure. I decided that there was only one way to convince her I wouldn't turn her in- show her I was like her, too.

"I'm Carter," I said smoothly, with a very fake smile, as I tried my best to work my charm speak on her to convince her I was friendly and trustable. "and according to those guys you just sent flying's definition, I'm a suspicious teen. Except they don't know it yet. And you are?"
Old 10-01-2014, 11:46 AM

I stared at him absolutely shocked and scared. I didn't want to meet another person who was like me. I hated what I was but for some reason I felt like I could trust him. Then something clicked in my somehow this boy was using his powers to convince me. I started to step back once again completely frightened.
"You don't need to know who I am, you may be like me but you are just as fake as the rest of them, " I stated as calmly as possible, doing my best to avoid his gaze. "I should be going," I mumbled as I went to go but I stopped dead in my tracks when I felt a small drop of something start to soak my white t-shirt. I looked down and noticed a patch of red rapidly darkening and spreading. Damn it! One of them must of shot me. I pressed my hand to my side quite quickly as I tried to stop the bleeding but as soon as I took my hand off it was covered in blood and more just kept spilling from my wound.
I slowly turned back around to face the boy, this just causing more blood to pour out. I watched closely as his eyes flittered from my hand to my side then back to my face. My vision was now clouding with black dots and I felt my knees buckle from beneath me. My head hit the ground but I felt no pain and as the blackness consumed my vision I saw the boy moving closer to me. Then the blackness took over and I fell into unconsciousness.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:45 PM

*Dude Crater is gonna legit be so awkward with her, like he doesn't know how to handle situations like this *

Me? Fake?

If I hadn't been so focused on using my charm speak, "fake" is never a word she would've used to describe me. As she spoke, I noticed a drop of blood on her shirt… and it continued to grow. Crap, I thought, one of the patrols must've shot her. I watched nervously, frozen in shock and unsure how to help her, as she crumpled to the ground. Her ivory eyes never left mine as she slipped into unconsciousness.

It was then that my body seemed to catch up with my mind. Some of the patrols she had sent flying were coming too, and she wouldn't last long with a bullet hole in her side and this much bleeding, so I scooped her up in my arms and began to walk as quickly as I could away into the shadows. I snaked through a few of the alleys I had wandered on the particularly lonely nights, and soon we were far enough away for me to examine the wound.

Her crimson blood had soaked through her shirt and onto mine when I had held her. I gently lay her down on the ground, kneeling beside her. I gulped. I hated wounds, but i knew if didn't at least try and stop the bleeding she'd be in serious trouble. I pulled her shirt up about halfway so I could clearly see where the blood was coming from. God, there was so much of it, I don't know if I can do this. I take a deep breath and rip a ragged strip off the bottom of my t shirt. I never liked this one, anyways. Carefully, I lifted her midriff off the ground as the blood continued to spill out of the gruesome wound and slipped the fabric underneath her.

That was when I felt her recoil a bit under my touch. Just my luck. This girl who already thinks I'm fake and most likely doesn't trust me very much is going to wake up from being unconscious with her shirt half up and me bent over her. That's gonna freak her out. Just then, her eyelids fluttered open a bit.

*Sorry I kind of did a little bit with Robin at the end, just needed to add that part and I figured you wouldn't mind. I'll delete it/change it if you'd prefer*
Old 10-02-2014, 05:55 AM

My eyes opened slightly and when I saw Carter leaning over me with my shirt up a bit, I gasped and scrambled backwards. I had probably made my wound bleed more but right now that was not a priority. I pushed out a hand indicating that I didn't want him to come any closer.
"Just stay where you are," I mumbled as I racked my brain for possible escape routes. I glanced down at my wound and noticed bandaged up, I then looked at the boy Carter and saw some of his t-shirt missing.
I presumed that he had bandaged it so I calmed down a bit but was still cautious. I stood slightly getting ready to go when I remembered I had forgot to thank him.
"Thanks," I spoke moving some hair out of my eyes.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:29 PM

"Don't mention it," I mumbled. Every time I try to help someone it ends up like this, with a misunderstanding and a cautious look. Uusually what happens is I accidentally use one of my powers on them, causing them to have unnatural trust in everything I say or literally moving inanimate objects that otherwise would've been stationary. The best example of this is when I was staying at Aunt Larissa's house. She had two sons about my age, Joseph and Hunter, and both were absolute brats. One day Hunter had asked me to give him the remote to the NetScreen, and not wanting to get up, I had absentmindedly pushed it over there with my powers. He totally flipped and I managed to convince him that he was imagining things, but he told Aunt Larissa and she was always a little more cautious around me after that. I hated helping people, I decided.

The girl's skin was slowly draining of color. Well, so much for not helping people, I thought, I can't just leave her here to die. I swiftly bend down so we are eye level, and she pushes herself up a little farther but i can tell it pains her. "We gotta get you to a doctor. I hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure you're gonna die if we don't."
Old 10-06-2014, 04:07 PM

*Well I'm gonna continue this anyways*

She nods her head, a barely visible movement, and takes a deep breath. I'm starting to freak out- I don't know what to do with injuries! I barely know how to be around people for crying out loud. All I know is that I'm not a doctor, and all she needs right now is to see one.

"Problem is," I say, trying to at least appear calm, "How do we get you to one?"
Old 10-08-2014, 09:14 AM

I hate doctors! I refuse to go to them but how else am I going to get the stupid wound healed. After a moment of thinking I couldn't find any other solution.
"Fine take me to the doctors," I hissed at him," but once we get there leave me and go because I will probably be caught."
I think he looked a bit reluctant so I added," it is either that or I die her in this alley way. So the choice is yours?"