Quantcast Zombie Hunters NES - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2014, 06:32 PM

Two hours later after David had slept, the zombies had rose from their graves and now it was time for battle.

David jumped out the window, and into the clear sunny morning—with all the branches swooping against each other while the other dead trees grew and then died.

Just like the zombies. One came at him, but he grabbed a new found axe and shoved it in the head, crushing its skull with black blood spiralling into the air. He took another zombie in the gut, throwing it into the ground and then hit him in the gut repeatedly: onetwothreefourfivesix—until guts and gore were spread on his axe.

He moved aside, talking to himself, "Sh—, that hurt." and then plunged the axe back into another's back, and swiped the head off clean of another. He spun around, seeing a runner come at him and its groaning lip-stained-with-blood, voices going into his head before he got the axe in its shoulder and then swiped a cut through its throat.

There were still so many coming that he raced and raced and raced until he was surrounded. But an idea came to him, and it would either kill him or kill them. He... he would risk his life or theirs.

Theirs.

He spun around, axe held out in front, spun in a circle, cutting off all of their heads as they rolled backwards onto the ground, spurting blood up into the air. But David ran away before he could get zombie blood on him--it was fine with a little, but too much and he would be in big trouble. Probably dying.

He put his axe back in its sheath, making too many noises as he did so that too many zombies were coming for him up at the other end of the long street. Behind him was no zombies, but a field of corn and wheat, growing higher and higher... What if the field was full of them, but he just couldn't hear them?

No. He would run through the field, but first: There was a runner coming for him, running, running faster faster faster fast—

David threw his dagger into the air, landing it in the skull of the zombie with a sickening crunch. And then he ran through the field.
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 10-24-2014, 07:17 PM

Okay! Did my form today

Zombie NES Character

Name: Eupraxia Saloman (has been called different things by different people- full name, first name, last name, Eupra, Euprax, Praxia, Xia, Prax...)
Weapon of Choice: Parker-Hale M82 Sniper Rifle
Secondary Weapon: Arsenal Firearms AF-1 (Strike One) Semi-Automatic Pistol (has a backup knife)
Appearance: (whatever your character usually wears, including armor, and his/her physical looks, for example, bandolier brown hair) Olive skin, dark eyes, and really short, really messy brown hair. 4'10" and busty and lean. Has a scar on her upper back. Likes to wear a vest over a t-shirt and pants with running shoes (with support for large amounts of walking and running). Also wears a bronze ring.
Personality: (how your character acts and reacts, for example, angry, joyful) Focused on survival. Runs, only fights when she has to and hates fighting close-up. Rightfully selfish. Will abandon others to stay alive, though that doesn't necessarily mean she won't feel any guilt. Will also team up with others to stay alive, providing they are good enough temporary partners. Doesn't like making friends, but has had many allies. (Has parted ways with them, one way or another.) However, she sometimes has gotten too attached to these allies, whether she actually calls then friends or not. She drifts. Hides. Runs. Kills when she has to. It's a routine, and she's gotten used to it. She's an emotional person, but has a logical side- both drive her to run and survive. Run to nowhere-- she would care if she still thought about the future, that she had no idea what she was doing or where she was going or where she would end up like she used to, but there's no room for that now. It's just about surviving another day. This is her internal feelings. Her temperament? A somewhat friendly person, smiles often but these smiles are fake most of the time.
Skills/abilities: (any special skills and abilities your character has, for example, speed, accuracy) Finding good places to hide. Finding good routes to run. Accuracy from necessity. [Adapt or die.]
Other: (any other information about your character and is optional) Probably other stuff like background and all that will be covered as I write.

ryo asuka

Last edited by SilverMoon; 11-14-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:55 AM

Cool! I like it.

– Stan Lee
Old 10-25-2014, 08:57 AM

Default Okay, back to the apocalypse

As I climbed into the van, I wondered what had gone on here a few hours before. I locked the door tight and turned out the lights but left the air on. This was going to be an uncomfortable night.

– Stan Lee
Old 10-26-2014, 01:49 AM

Four words could probably sum up Eupraxia's life: the zombie apocalypse sucked.

Well, life before it was kind of annoying and boring, but at least she had a higher chance of living another day. Sure, anyone could die at anytime pre-zombies-- car accidents, fire, disease, being in the wrong place at the wrong time-- but now it became very likely that everyone was going to die soon. You couldn't see accidents or homicidal maniacs coming, but zombies-- look out the window and hey, look, there's a potential cause of death. Walk into a new town-- hey, look, walking-death-causes you can see and most likely walking-death-causes you can't.

It should have made the enemies clearer. But a human's first instinct is self-preservation, and some don't handle it as well as others. There were still those around who would kill others to take their guns, their supplies, something. Yeah, you still had your optimists and idealists and heroic types, but they weren't usually the ones who ended up living. Courage was great and all, but it was less likely to keep you alive. Eupraxia was fine with being a coward if she could survive another day.

These days people made alliances to keep them alive, and whether they admitted it or not, they were using them. The heroic types... They didn't do this, because they were all about finding something to die for.

A part of Eupraxia had always viewed other people as stepping stones. She was used to using others. The other part? It got attached. She didn't know whether she was faking or not with people, honestly. But now using people could get them killed, and attaching to those people would cause guilt and regret. And really, what was the point of causing so many others to die just to live a little bit longer? The zombies wouldn't go away, supplies would eventually run out, there was only so much food, only so many weapons, and there wasn't any reason to stay alive other than the fear of the alternative....

But it was hopeless. Why did she bother to keep doing this? There was no way out.

(How long has the whole zombie apocalypse thing been going on?)

ryo asuka
Old 10-26-2014, 03:46 PM

Just for a month.

Jason was wide awake at midnight, a shotgun and his gatling gun ready beside him. In the moonlight, he noticed a figure lurching down the street. Jason opened the fire and blasted it down with his shotgun. The zombie died with a moan and Jason decided that he wasn't tired.

– Stan Lee
Old 10-26-2014, 06:41 PM

(Someone commits suicide in this post...)
(Continued from my last post...)

She had know someone who had come to terms with this earlier. Radley, his name was. He was an acquaintance/friend of hers at college. He had been a part of the group of people who turned the college into their base and prepared to defend themselves against the zombies (some of the professors and staff as well as students had been involved).

They had been on the roof of their dorm building, the tallest on campus/base. (The campus was rather small; the college only had about 2000 students: three dorm buildings, two class buildings, a library, a mess hall, and a few other assorted buildings.) Eupraxia and Radley had shared some personality traits, several of these leading to sitting on the rooftop, looking out over campus, the landscape, the city not far from it... Probably one of its last zombie-free days. Call it sentimentality.

The two had leaned forward against the short wall around the roof, appreciating the peaceful scenery.

Radley said, "Before we know it, the landscape'll be crawling with the undead, huh?"

Eupraxia nodded. "I'll appreciate the last few days I don't have to fight for my life."

There was a pause. "Eupraxia... Wouldn't you rather control your own death?"

She looked at him. "What?"

"I don't want to be killed by zombies. I definitely don't want to turn into one of them."

"Radley, I know where you're going with this, but wouldn't you rather just stay alive?"

"But there are zombies now. They'll be here indefinitely. We're almost certainly all going to die."

"I can't come to terms with that yet. I'd prefer running and doing my best to stay alive to the alternative."

"I'd rather get it over with now, on my own terms." He paused. "Eupraxia... I'm gonna do it. I- I'm gonna jump."

Even though she knew he was going to say it, she was stunned into silence for a moment. "I... I won't stop you. That would disrespect your wishes. I really don't want to watch someone kill themself... I don't want to be responsible for letting someone die, but... I can kind of see where you're coming from. If you... Want to jump... Go ahead. Before I change my mind."

He climbed up onto the wall. "Yeah, before I change my mind, too... Goodbye, Eupraxia. Tell the others here about my choice." He took a shaky breath, and stepped off of the edge...

"Goodbye, Radley..." she said, shaking. I'm letting someone die... But... These aren't normal circumstances. She turned away, unable to watch him fall until he inevitably hit the pavement below.

ryo asuka
Old 11-01-2014, 12:36 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf

Hey, am I too late to join? :0

Name: Anaïs Manon

Weapon of Choice: Machete

Secondary Weapon: Anything sharp she can find among shrapnel, really

Appearance: Average height with a thick, muscled build and darker skin. Dark brown eyes and bright blonde/orange hair, hastily chopped just to get rid of the long strands. Usually dressed in tight sweats, hiking boots, and a thick windbreaker with a softball bag filled with supplies over her shoulder.

Personality: Anaïs is a very self-aware person, always keeping an internal status so as to keep a cool head. She lives off impovision and caution to keep herself alive. As hard as she tries to remain collected, however, she's inwardly breaking down at the loss of her family, friends and entire life, just scavenging the ruins of the world in search of someone alive.

Skills/abilities: She's average in everything athletic excepting endurance while running, where she excels greatly.

Other: She's half French and speaks some broken French sometimes I suppose.

But yeah, if I'm too late just say so and I'll duck outta here /o/

Last edited by TheMoonWakedWolf; 11-05-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:52 PM

No, you're not.

The next morning, Jason woke up and drove around the town. He found dead zombies all around, as if someone had already come here and killed them.

Now we need to team up.

– Stan Lee
Old 11-05-2014, 07:24 AM

Kit was frankly extremely bored. There were hardly any zombies and this frustrated her. She had tried to preoccupy herself by inventing a retraction mechanism on her bow so she gets her arrows back but soon she finished it and was bored once again. Kit laid on the rooftop mindlessly looking a the sky till she started to hear noises from below.

Tags
apocalypse, epidemic, fight, weapons, zombie