Quantcast Magic-Crafter NES - Page 9 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
"Very well. I shall help, and we can work out payments afterwards." The figure drew the twin axes on their back and glanced at the girl. "But he is only mostly dead, correct?"
"Yes, he's just barely alive. And I'm not that good with my sword, so there's nothing I could've done. Please, do anything to help!"
Old 06-13-2014, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
It's the Shadow, but Brynn doesn't know what it's called.

And I made a mistake in my post. It *almost* killed him
The Shadow is in the Cascade Forest, hunting Adari and Level...

is this in the past? Present? Future? Or is the Shadow spawning... Maybe an army of Shadows is building...
Old 06-14-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyE View Post
The Shadow is in the Cascade Forest, hunting Adari and Level...

is this in the past? Present? Future? Or is the Shadow spawning... Maybe an army of Shadows is building...
YES. An army of Shadows. XD
Old 06-14-2014, 01:55 AM

Level woke early in the morning and sat up quickly, looking around before it finally dawned on her where she was. She slowly rose to her feet and stepped over the sleeping Adari. It was a full moon tonight and she didn't want to stick around. She slowly started making her way to the entrance of the cave. She put her hand out to touch the shield to see if it was safe to go through. She yelped as her hand sizzled slightly at contact with the shield. Adari started to stir.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteAbyss View Post
Level woke early in the morning and sat up quickly, looking around before it finally dawned on her where she was. She slowly rose to her feet and stepped over the sleeping Adari. It was a full moon tonight and she didn't want to stick around. She slowly started making her way to the entrance of the cave. She put her hand out to touch the shield to see if it was safe to go through. She yelped as her hand sizzled slightly at contact with the shield. Adari started to stir.
The next morning, Adari woke to see that Level was already up. She was just sitting there, staring through the shield, looking at the Shadow. It was still there, sitting at waiting.

Adari shivered, and stood next to Level, examining the shield. She noticed that the edges of the shield were rough and uneven, like a fraying rope. The shield was weakening.

Already? Adari thought. That's odd. She studied it some more, and realized that the shield was disappearing far faster than she had predicted. She light was dimmer, ever so slightly, and the edges were cracked.

An uneasy feeling crept into her stomach, and it stayed curled up in there. The shield isn't supposed to be dissolving this fast, she thought. The Shadow must have done something while we were asleep. Gooseflesh crept up her arms, and she knew that something was very wrong.

She turned her gaze to the scrying bowl in the corner, and shuddered. She hadn't touched the scrying bowl ever since she had realized that the Shadow had come to the forest, and she didn't want to ever again. But she had to.

Level turned towards Adari. "Are you alright?" she asked. "You seem a little on edge." Adari turned and met Level's intense gaze. "It's nothing," she said. "I just have to do a little scrying, that's all." Level raised a curious eyebrow. "Scrying?"

"It's a form of magic, that allows me to fortell the future, see things, and contact beings outside of the forest. It's a little bit of nature magic that I know," Adari explained. Level nodded her head, but Adari could tell she still didn't grasp the concept. "I just have to talk to someone," Adari said, and with that, she started making breakfast.

She pulled a loaf of bread out of her cupboard, and sliced it, and pulled out a slab of cheese. She spread a jam on the slices of bread, and then started squeezing juice out of a fruit into a pitcher. After she deemed the breakfast decent, she gave some to Level.

After their silent, awkward breakfast, Adari said, "I'm sorry if you have nothing to do. I need to scry right now, but feel free to look around in the cave." Level nodded, and Adari began gathering herbs and water. She could feel Level's suspicious and curious gaze on her back, feeling like it was burning holes in her soul. Adari knew that Level wanted to ask questions, but Adari didn't want to answer them, so she did her best to avoid eye contact and focus on her task.

She measured the water, chopped the spices and herbs, poured the water into the silver bowl, and sprinkled the mixture onto the water. She stared long and hard into the bowl, trying to see the image she was looking for.

A dark shape formed into the bowl, and shifted around, slowly forming an image of a wizened old elf, with gray hair sprinkled with white, deep old wrinkles that covered his face, and a scowl that sent most people looking in the other direction. When he spoke, his voice was strong yet slightly raspy from age. "What is it Adari?" he rasped, his voice sounding a little too accusing and his expression telling her that he was less than happy to see her.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, but I need to give you news of great importance," Adari said, doing her best to sound respectful. The old man rolled his eyes. "I'm not supposed to speak with you."

"I know sir, but this is urgent."

"Then speak, you half-wit child!" the man snapped, his gray eyes full of lightning and thunder.

"I'm asking for that favor you owe me," Adari said. The man's expression grew darker, and you could see a storm boiling inside him.

"No traitor-"

"Owes you a favor, I know. But this is serious! Millions of lives are at stake here!" Adari hissed. The man just scowled at her.

"The Monster is back. It's here, in the forest, right outside my cave!" Adari blurted out. The man's expression instantly changed, turning from disdain and hatred to fear and concern.

"What? But it was imprisoned a long time ago!"

"I don't know who did it, but someone has reawakened it and it's come to the forest to hunt me! If it manages to succeed in killing me, then it will turn on the rest of the world, and many lives will be lost!"

"You need to get out of that blasted forest and come here at once! The Council will want to know about this!"

Adari drew in a sharp breath. She didn't expect this response. Leave the forest? Come back? Return? She could feel her pulse racing when she thought about leaving the safety of the forest. And the thought of returning after so many years... she couldn't bear to think of it. No, she wouldn't do it.

"I can't! The Monster is waiting for me out there! The shield I used is weakening, and I don't have much time. We need help!" Adari said. The man shook his head. "I don't know if the Council will help you. But if the Monster has truly come back, then I think that they may consider sending help."

Adari cringed. Apparently, feelings towards her haven't changed in the Realm. "Please do your best to convince them to send help," she begged. "If the Monster manages to murder me, then it will start hunting down more and more people until the world is thrown into chaos. Please, get them to send help. Also, please spread the word that the Monster has returned. The other people have to know, otherwise they will completely be caught by surprise if the Monster starts hunting them down. Everyone has to know." The man stared her down, and for a moment, she saw a flicker of sadness and worry. Or she hoped it was.

"I'll do my best," he promised. "Until then, spread the word also. The Council may completely ignore you, so do your best to send for other kinds of help. I'll scry you immediately when they have made a decision."

"Thank you," she said.

"Before you go Adari, I think you'll want to hear this piece of news," said the man. Adari paused to listen. "He's safe and sound. Nothing has happened to him in your absence." Relief flooded through Adari.

"Thank you," she said, smiling.

"Adari?" the man asked.

"Yes?"

"Be careful. Stay safe. Come home soon," the man said, and he gave a small small.

"I'll do my best. Thank you, Grandfather," Adari said. The image flickered, and disappeared. Level appeared by Adari. "I heard everything. So, that was your grandfather?" Adari nodded.

"What did you do?" Level asked suddenly. Adari was taken aback by her sudden comment. "What?"

"What did you do? Clearly something happened at your homeland, and you left. What happened?"

Adari shook her head. "I'd rather not talk about it." And with that, she started cleaning up the scrying bowl, ignoring Level for the rest of the day.

Add on!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:06 AM

Level couldn't care less about the fact that Adari was ignoring her, she was more concerned on how to get of the cave. She had tried nearly everything to get out and had earned a few suspicious looks from Adari but she really couldn't care less. Level knew that if she got out the monster would let her pass but would mostly likely kill Adari.

She knew she had to get out of there even if it meant exposing herself. Whilst Adari was busying herself Level decided to try the shield again. It was obviously weakened and she could probably walk through it now. Level reached out to touch the shield again and her hand slid through easily.

Level quickly glanced behind her to check Adari was still busy before stepping through. There was a small crashing sound as the shield broke and the monster rose. She had met the monster on numerous occasions and they had formed a sort of weird relationship plus formed a telepathic connection with each other.

The monster looked at her and its voice appeared in her head, 'well hello again'

She replied instantly 'you need to leave she just called others and they know you have escaped.'

It looked confused, 'why are you telling me this?'

Level sighed,'you have saved my life more times than I can count I owe you big time'

It nodded its head slowly and turned scurrying away. Level looked behind her to see a shocked Adari before starting off in a different direction.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
"Yes, he's just barely alive. And I'm not that good with my sword, so there's nothing I could've done. Please, do anything to help!"
"I suppose it wouldn't be too much trouble. And I'm rather interested in this creature myself," they said, raising their axes and heading towards the cave.

(I'll write more later.)

ryo asuka
Old 09-21-2014, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
"I suppose it wouldn't be too much trouble. And I'm rather interested in this creature myself," they said, raising their axes and heading towards the cave.

(I'll write more later.)
*happens to stumble upon wb because our was open in my phone all this while, which is why it says I'm always online*
"Thank you so much! I'll do anything for you! Anything at all! My best friend might die because of the... thing. And I can't bear losing him." Brynn wildly waved her arms around as she spoke -- no, yelled. She probably was coming across as stupid but couldn't care less.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:20 AM

anyone for a revival?
Old 02-22-2015, 12:49 AM

yes sir

Tags
anyone gonna post? :(, awesomesauce, cool, magic-crafters..., mr potato will get you, salice spread the word, taggedles