Quantcast mentally ill cuties - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2016, 10:34 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to BookKitty
Lightbulb mentally ill cuties

idk just come here and vent about your mental illnesses and find others like you. there's no reason to be ashamed, we just need to have open conversations about things like this. and if you're self diagnosed, so what! as long as you did your research and have perhaps talked to other people, you're still perfectly valid. <3

i'll start... i suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and social anxiety (Self diagnosed, working on pro diagnosis). i also experience a lot of disassociation, and i'm not sure where it's coming from??? it bothers me a lot. i am currently doing research and asking around because i believe i may be on the autism spectrum.

also, my best friend is a system (he has ddnos-disassociative disorder not otherwise specified) and i'm slowly meeting the alters... it's interesting, but i'm really worried about him.

feel free to talk about whatever, or respond to my rant :/
Old 04-27-2016, 12:21 AM

( i don't want to intrude i don't believe i have any diagnosed mental illnesses or anything but many of my friends have been open a bit about having depression and I was just wondering how to make them feel better? i realize it isn't something that i can fix but i just want to be able to help even in the limited way i can. it's something that plagues a lot of those who are close to me and i just want to be able to ease a bit of the burden that they feel. thank you. )
Old 04-27-2016, 12:45 AM

woohoo us cuties are cute

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 04-27-2016, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
woohoo us cuties are cute
the cutest♡
Old 04-27-2016, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
( i don't want to intrude i don't believe i have any diagnosed mental illnesses or anything but many of my friends have been open a bit about having depression and I was just wondering how to make them feel better? i realize it isn't something that i can fix but i just want to be able to help even in the limited way i can. it's something that plagues a lot of those who are close to me and i just want to be able to ease a bit of the burden that they feel. thank you. )
for me, when im really depressed, i generally appreciate just having the other person listen to me - not necessarily about my health but if i say, hey can i be alone for a bit, and given im not acutely suicidal, they will leave me alone. some friends refuse to stop talking which can be very overwhelming especially if you're prone to sensory overload.
and even just a hug at the end of the school day if it hasn't been good (BUT please as them first!) can make me feel better, so you might want to ask them what they want you to do.

i think the general advice is always ask the person what you can do, and if they say nothing, tell them if there is anything within reason... yeah.good luck - i hope your friends get better :-)
Old 04-28-2016, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluzzle View Post
for me, when im really depressed, i generally appreciate just having the other person listen to me - not necessarily about my health but if i say, hey can i be alone for a bit, and given im not acutely suicidal, they will leave me alone. some friends refuse to stop talking which can be very overwhelming especially if you're prone to sensory overload.
and even just a hug at the end of the school day if it hasn't been good (BUT please as them first!) can make me feel better, so you might want to ask them what they want you to do.

i think the general advice is always ask the person what you can do, and if they say nothing, tell them if there is anything within reason... yeah.good luck - i hope your friends get better :-)
thank you so much!!
Old 05-03-2016, 11:48 AM

well. i'm going to a mental health center tomorrow so that's cool!! i'm 15 so i can consent to mental health therapy w/o parent permission haaa
Old 05-03-2016, 06:20 PM

@Ember: hey love plz check this out

https://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-...ion-1857156467

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 05-04-2016, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookKitty View Post
well. i'm going to a mental health center tomorrow so that's cool!! i'm 15 so i can consent to mental health therapy w/o parent permission haaa
hey thats great you can do that! i really hope it goes well for you!
Old 05-19-2016, 02:38 PM

hi IM CRASHING THE PARTY VERY LATE!!!

hello its me and yall know how fucked up my ass is

😎

my mental health is actually Not As Fucked Up currently. my meds are helping w that. adhd is a bitch as usual but easier to manage, depression and anxiety arent super bad, psychosis has been staying away for now. i thank my meds and my group of friends.

Tags
illness, mental illness, mentally ill, support