Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > KidPub News
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2016, 02:41 PM

Default New Super Hero: Shadow

Welcome to the Guardians!

Name: Shadow

Powers: Nobody really knows what Shadow's power is- its a form of necromancy, sort of. Shadow controls, well, the shadows, and can form the shadows into weapons, use the shadows to hide in the darkness and use them to sense any death that has occured around her. She can also inflict nightmares into people's heads as the shadows/necromancy are all about feeding on fear. Her regular skills include being able to sneak around really well, she is good at running-parkour and is good at manipulation.

Looks: Shadow loves to wear black and it conveniently aids her when hiding in her shadows. She is tall and ghostly pale, and usually wears black leather jackets with black skinny jeans and combat boots. She carries around several daggers in a belt and a crossbow on her wrist. Her hair is a very deep red, almost a rich brown, which is usually tied up. Her eyes are a very dark brown and when she uses her powers they turn black.

Personality: Due to her being around a lot of death and letting her shadows feed on fear, she is used to being quite cold. But, once you get to know her, she is actually quite warm and has a good sense of humour (which usually includes dirty jokes and sarcasm). She doesn't like to open up about her feelings but she is very emotional. She will fight to the death and beyond for those she loves, but can be unforgiving to those who have hurt her. She likes working by herself and if she has to, with one other person, but hates working in groups.

Backstory: When Shadow was little, she watched her parents die in a house fire while she was rescued by firemen. That caused her to sink into a dark depression. When she was 13 and ready to jump off a building to save herself from the sadness she was experiencing, the shadows reached out to her and she jumped at the opportunity to take control of them and in a way, take control of death. She felt like by controlling these shadows she could feel better about her parents' death.

– Stan Lee
Old 07-10-2016, 02:42 PM

Default New Super Hero: Mirage

Thanks for joining the Guardians!

Name: Mirage

Power(s): She uses an array of chemicals and poisons to toy with her enemies. The poisons are released using grenades of her own invention and special pods on her wrists. She releases the chemicals, into the air as a vapor or “smoke”. Some chemicals must be inhaled and cause hallucination or paralysis. Others only need to make contact with the skin to be effective, these can cause blisters, 1st degree burns, or temporary blindness. Often she just releases a harmless smoke to obscure the enemy’s vision and attacks from behind. She is practiced in martial arts. Other weapons include a metal whip, dual blades, and several daggers.

Looks: About 5’3, slender, with caramel skin. Shoulder length black hair, high cheekbones and brown almond eyes. During combat she wears a flexible body-suit, gloves and knee high boots, all made from a material that can protect her from the toxins she releases. The suit is bulletproof and holds about 30 of her custom grenades, her metal whip, and daggers on the belt. Her two swords are on sheaths on her back. On her wrists she has two metal pods that release chemicals into the air. She wears a gas mask over her head.

Personality: Moe is a perfectionist. Everything she does is calculated, she always assesses the pros and cons of every decision she makes, which is why most people come to her for advice and why she is an expert strategist. She is also very critical of herself and constantly tears herself down. She’s closed off, introverted, and hardly displays much emotion. However if you get to know her better you will find her to be very empathetic. Moe dreams of traveling the world.

Backstory: Her father was a criminal who terrorized the city with toxins and poisons. He also ran a large company that manufactured weapons. So, using his own tech against him, Moe defeated her father and vowed to clean up the streets to make amends for his mistakes. She creates all compounds and gadgets on her own.

– Stan Lee
Old 07-10-2016, 02:43 PM

Default More Epic Chapters Soon!

Over my vaca I wrote 5 different 'chapters' for the Guardians, but actually 2 chapters in different parts! Hope you enjoy!

– Stan Lee
Old 07-11-2016, 08:05 PM

Default Welcome My Bro To Kidpub!!

This isn't Guardians related but y'know. My brother, Roen just joined KidPub!! Yaaaay! I think someone else should do the whole 'welcoming' thing cuz I can say it in person and it would mean a lot to have someone else say it. Thanxxx

– Stan Lee
Old 07-11-2016, 09:01 PM

Cool Big Guardians News! Exciting New Books!

The Guardians novel is JUST THE BEGINNING! I also have planned a few sequels for the Guardians + BOOKS ABOUT INDIVIDUAL HEROES from the Guardians. You can submit heroes (I will accept them) at KidPub home under my story.

Okay so these are the draft names of the individ books (NOT FINA
Shadow: The Darktouched (based on the hero character Shadow!)
The Predator: Soul Cage (based on the hero the Predator)

More information will be released with the next official chapter (coming Tomorrow!

– Stan Lee
Old 07-16-2016, 06:05 PM

Talking

Hey! About the individual stories about the heroes of the Guardians, I would be fine with you using my character Saffron! Also, one question. Will all of the heroes that where submitted be used in the story? Just asking.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GUARDIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See ya!
Old 07-20-2016, 08:50 AM

I'll put ones in that benefit the course of the whole story but each character will have a spotlight in the series.

– Stan Lee
Old 07-22-2016, 09:17 AM

Default New Super Hero: Thespian

The tenth super hero has joined the conflict!

Name: Thespian

Powers: Ano'i is incredibly strong, agile, and flexible. She can perform incredible acrobatic stunts and lift amazing amounts of weight. However, she is not extremely muscle-bound. Her powers are not obvious until she uses them. That's where she gets her name- "thespian", a synonym for "actor". She wears ordinary clothes during fights and looks completely normal, blending in with the crowd, until she is needed. Then she can knock out enemies with her bare fists, throw cars, and lift rubble to free civilians. She cannot fly and doesn't use weapons other than random stuff she finds in the middle of a fight. Pretty much, she is undetectable as a threat by the enemy and very hard to match in fighting skill. However, she doesn't have superspeed or anything like that and she can get exhausted. Sometimes she can't escape the panicking crowds quickly enough to prevent damage, but she's learned how to gauge when she should drop her cover. Basically, she uses her completely ordinary appearance to mask her presence until she make a move.

Looks: Ano'i has long, curly dark brown hair that she wears in some sort of ordinary hairstyle, like braids or ponytails. Her skin is tanned and freckled and her eyes are a dark amber color. Both of her parents are native Hawai'ins, so she has had to put up with a lot of racial slurs and stereotypes outside of the islands. She usually wears t-shirts and denim capris or other comfortable clothes. As I mentioned before, she doesn't have a costume for fights.

Personality: Ano'i is very bubbly, cheerful, and optimistic. She always seems to have something funny to say and can always lighten the mood. There are only two things that really make her upset: 1) people making fun of her for her ethnicity and 2) bullies. When confronted with these two things, she loses her playful attitude and becomes threatening. She could beat anyone in a fight, but you don't realize that until she is staring you down. She loves her team and is very attached to them, so, after time, she begins to act threatening to defend them as well.

Backstory: No one is quite sure how Ano'i ended up with superhuman strength and agility, especially since it is so hidden. No bulging muscles. She's not any bigger than anyone else her age. Some islanders think she's actually a demigod. It's possible that she ate something as a child that she shouldn't have. No one really knows.

– Stan Lee
Old 07-29-2016, 01:46 PM

Default NEW CHAPTERS COMING SOON (Guardians)

Sorry I haven't posted a chapter in a little while I've been working on something else that needs to be taken care of BUT I WILL POST NEW CHAPTERS. and check out my bio for more news

– Stan Lee
Old 08-23-2016, 11:03 AM

Default Origin Logo Revealed!

Isn't it awesome!?

– Stan Lee

Tags
no tages crazee