Quantcast Abortion - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 06-01-2011, 07:23 PM

Why would you want to have this debate if you KNOW its going to spark fights?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruza View Post
Why are you using me as an example? My mom wanted to keep me.
He wasn't saying that she didn't...he was just saying that when we're babies, we're undeveloped, and then we turn into real people.

-Douglas Adams
Old 06-01-2011, 07:28 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

'turn into real people' hahaha. That strikes me as funny.

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwara View Post
'turn into real people' hahaha. That strikes me as funny.
Yeah, it was clumsy phrasing over there.

-Douglas Adams
Old 06-01-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabiDi View Post
He wasn't saying that she didn't...he was just saying that when we're babies, we're undeveloped, and then we turn into real people.
I wasn't saying that we turn into real people I mean't that we already are real people and that killing unborn people is the same as killing born people.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?

Last edited by Jack; 06-01-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I wasn't saying that we turn into real people I mean't that we already are real people and that killing unborn people is the same as killing born people.
I don't think it was trying to spark fights...it was just wanting to hear opinions. No opinion is right. We all have our own and shall respect the others'.

Psst....Read Ascending. It's in my track.
and the best part? It's by my best friend, Rose.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 PM

I am not getting involved with this again.
I am pro-choice.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:44 PM

I only have two things to say regarding this topic.
First off, I can't make anyone else's decisions for them, I think that people should realize the consequences of there actions and that if someone "accidentally" gets pregnant, then they shouldn't abort the baby, my view on this is that if they are able to do things with each other, then they should have the common sense to use any form of pregnancy prevention available to them. And people you shouldn't try and use the argument about how it costs money and how not everyone is educated about these things and so on because I know that in the United States and other well developed and not so well developed countries, the availability to prevent pregnancy is there and there is education and free ways of receiving the necessary prevention methods.
If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant, I understand why she would want to abort the baby and although I don't 100% agree with that decision, because I think that if the woman had the kid and she didn't want to keep or have it in her life, she could give it up for a closed adoption, I do understand the fact that having that baby would be very emotional for her and carrying it to full term would cause her to think about that happening quite a bit and could drain her emotionally. So in regards to that, I'm not 100% for or against.
If doctors knew that the baby could kill the mom, for example, the mom was a severe diabetic or had some other complications, they probably wouldn't make her keep the baby to full term, they'd deliver it prematurely, not to prematurely, but they'd keep the baby with her as long as they could before it could endanger her life.
It's not common that a baby under at least seven or so months gestation is a danger to there mother, unless they are egtopic or have severe complications. And babies are able to live if they are born at that premature of a time, they may need hospitalization but they are able to live.
Also, babies that are late abortions, around the end of the fourth month or beginning of the five months gestation time, are able to sometimes live.

(Now that's all I'm contributing to this, I think...I don't look here at WB much but if I see a reply to this, I will be sure to look at it and possibly consider replying) This is a very controverssal issue and can be looked at from many different angles...

Someday...
Old 06-01-2011, 10:08 PM

No matter the situation, I believe it is wrong.
If you are a teenage girl, and you and your boyfriend "do it" and the girl gets pregenant without wanting to and she doesn't want to go through with it, I think she should suck it up since it was her fault. She and her boyfriend took the chance. If she doesn't want the baby, she can put it up for adoption or let her parents raise the child if nothing else. If a girl gets pregenant from being assaulted, same scenario. Of course it's going to be hard, but it wasn't the baby's fault. Now, if whatever the situation, let's say your pregenant and, in most cases, your bone structure is too small and it would be fatal for the mother. The doctor could always do a c-section. If it's a problem the doctor can see before the labor begins, they could probably think up some alternative so that both mother and child survives. Or, God grants you a miracle and it works out fine.

Like I stated, abortion is wrong no matter the situation. There are other ways around it. And it is murder. Murder is when you kill something innocent that is alive for no reason. It may not be a law, but it is morally considered murder.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragongirl View Post
No matter the situation, I believe it is wrong.
If you are a teenage girl, and you and your boyfriend "do it" and the girl gets pregenant without wanting to and she doesn't want to go through with it, I think she should suck it up since it was her fault. She and her boyfriend took the chance. If she doesn't want the baby, she can put it up for adoption or let her parents raise the child if nothing else. If a girl gets pregenant from being assaulted, same scenario. Of course it's going to be hard, but it wasn't the baby's fault. Now, if whatever the situation, let's say your pregenant and, in most cases, your bone structure is too small and it would be fatal for the mother. The doctor could always do a c-section. If it's a problem the doctor can see before the labor begins, they could probably think up some alternative so that both mother and child survives. Or, God grants you a miracle and it works out fine.

Like I stated, abortion is wrong no matter the situation. There are other ways around it. And it is murder. Murder is when you kill something innocent that is alive for no reason. It may not be a law, but it is morally considered murder.
Well said. I agree. there's also counseling and other services available to help the woman deal with the circumstances she may be in, for example if she was raped.

I consider a baby alive and having life once they are conceived and they have a heartbeat, also, it's very weak, but the heartbeat starts at 22 days approximately. Just saying, if that's not living, than I don't know what is because without a heart, no one would be alive or have life.

Someday...

Tags
*insert yo mama joke*, abortion is great, abortion is not ok, abortion is ok, abortion is terrible!, abortionismurder, abortionshouldstayillegal, debate, don't judge women, eet's alive!!!, free will is a+, go away ponies..., i hate abortion!!!!, i want my rights, it's my choice, not religion, ponies =awesome, poniiiiiies?, pro-life, prochoice, rapeisnottheirfault, seriousmisanthropynow, shouldn'tbeachoice, we'renotforcingyoutoabort, y arnt ther more tags