Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2014, 03:16 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
I wrote the ending to one of my stories. Now I just have to go back and fill in the rest of the book.
That's cool I've never tried doing that before... I always write from beginning to end c:
Old 06-29-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
That's cool I've never tried doing that before... I always write from beginning to end c:
This is my first time writing the ending before the, well, ending. I usually write it from beginning to end. It's kinda fun to do it. And now I have something to work towards with the rest of the book.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
This is my first time writing the ending before the, well, ending. I usually write it from beginning to end. It's kinda fun to do it. And now I have something to work towards with the rest of the book.
Yeah, that's true Let me know how it goes! I'm really interested to see how it works c: Have you finished a novel before? Only asking 'cause I know quite a few people on here haven't (I've only done it once, too c: ).
Old 06-29-2014, 05:56 PM

Heyy guys does this give a finalish note to the scene? I'm have a sorta scene break right after this... does it flow?

I glowered, fingers tightening around the throwing knife’s hilt. Calm. Stay calm. Just… just get out of here. Go into the Portal– it was a mistake talking to the half-Realm.

Face hot, I crossed the final distance to the arch, leaning on it and inhaling ragged breaths. Hurry up. You need to get to Luana.

I forced myself to glance– glare– at the sky again. “Thanks for the help,” I muttered.

Taptap. “Oh, it was my pleasure, shadow. But do not think that my aid ends here– there is one more thing I shall do for you.”

I frowned, a chill spreading across my skin. One more thing? I think I’ve had enough of this world’s help, I thought, pushing off from the Portal.

The stone was rough and damp beneath my fingers, and the runes glowed more faintly now, as if tiny stars were hidden behind each one. They pulsed slightly, like the arch had a heartbeat hidden deep within it. Like the arch was alive. I looked back, casting the glade one last– please let it be the last, please don’t ever make me come here again– glance, took a deep, demon-rot tainted breath, and stepped through the Portal.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Heyy guys does this give a finalish note to the scene? I'm have a sorta scene break right after this... does it flow?

I glowered, fingers tightening around the throwing knife’s hilt. Calm. Stay calm. Just… just get out of here. Go into the Portal– it was a mistake talking to the half-Realm.

Face hot, I crossed the final distance to the arch, leaning on it and inhaling ragged breaths. Hurry up. You need to get to Luana.

I forced myself to glance– glare– at the sky again. “Thanks for the help,” I muttered.

Taptap. “Oh, it was my pleasure, shadow. But do not think that my aid ends here– there is one more thing I shall do for you.”

I frowned, a chill spreading across my skin. One more thing? I think I’ve had enough of this world’s help, I thought, pushing off from the Portal.

The stone was rough and damp beneath my fingers, and the runes glowed more faintly now, as if tiny stars were hidden behind each one. They pulsed slightly, like the arch had a heartbeat hidden deep within it. Like the arch was alive. I looked back, casting the glade one last– please let it be the last, please don’t ever make me come here again– glance, took a deep, demon-rot tainted breath, and stepped through the Portal.
Whoa, that's amazing Nikki.

Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?"

Old 06-29-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenabrain1 View Post
Whoa, that's amazing Nikki.
Thankies c: I'm kinda nervous to write the next bit though because my favourite character comes in sorta and I don't want to screw him up and ahhh (*flails*)

EDIT: ohh and that taptap thing was a talking wall/talking world if you were wondering c:
Old 06-29-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Thankies c: I'm kinda nervous to write the next bit though because my favourite character comes in sorta and I don't want to screw him up and ahhh (*flails*)

EDIT: ohh and that taptap thing was a talking wall/talking world if you were wondering c:
Ahh so that was what it was.
You won't mess up. Don't worry.

You see?"

Old 06-29-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's true Let me know how it goes! I'm really interested to see how it works c: Have you finished a novel before? Only asking 'cause I know quite a few people on here haven't (I've only done it once, too c: ).
I'll let you know once that scene is actually completely finished. Umm, not a novel--if we're speaking of an actual novel with the right length. I have finished a few stories but they are nowhere near the length of a novel.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenabrain1 View Post
Ahh so that was what it was.
You won't mess up. Don't worry.
Yuppers c:
Aww thanks c: Aha I think I'll chug a gallon of coffee and then write... or I'll just write it tonight at 2AM XP Summer's finally here for me, so I can fall asleep at five and wake up at two

Quote:
I'll let you know once that scene is actually completely finished. Umm, not a novel--if we're speaking of an actual novel with the right length. I have finished a few stories but they are nowhere near the length of a novel.
Great! Ohh, nice. c: Yeah, the one I finished was... 51k? So only just a novel XD (novels have to be 50k to be an actual novel). Short stories and novellas are good, too, though. I've written a few short stories, which are really fun, and I discontinued my one story when it hit 80k because it wasn't going the right way. My current novel, though, is 176k c:
Old 06-29-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Yuppers c:
Aww thanks c: Aha I think I'll chug a gallon of coffee and then write... or I'll just write it tonight at 2AM XP Summer's finally here for me, so I can fall asleep at five and wake up at two
Aww luckyyy
I want coffeeeee

You see?"

Tags
edward is cuter-->, jacob is the cutest ha, land of stories, luna was here, team harry p. please, this is not sparta, xp xp xp xp xp xp xp