Quantcast Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. - Page 1916 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
heeyyy guys so i stumbled upon this website and i thought it might be helpful for anyone really struggling, especially suicidal thoughts. if calling/talking to someone face to face is too hard, this could really help! this website has an online chat with trained volunteers who can help.

https://www.imalive.org/
what kind of advice do they give? is it just bullshit like "ohhh youre sO STRONG for dealing with this!!!!" bc if so then it'll be 0 help
Old 12-24-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
what kind of advice do they give? is it just bullshit like "ohhh youre sO STRONG for dealing with this!!!!" bc if so then it'll be 0 help
I've called a suicide hotline before so idk if it's anything like that, but it's nothing too cheesy. they just ask for the facts and give some suggestions of what you can do in the meantime to distract yourself or make things better just for the short term, and then ask what you can do in the long term (e.g. meds, therapy, etc.). they've been trained and they know what's up so they're not going to say anything too demeaning or corny.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 12-25-2016, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
I've called a suicide hotline before so idk if it's anything like that, but it's nothing too cheesy. they just ask for the facts and give some suggestions of what you can do in the meantime to distract yourself or make things better just for the short term, and then ask what you can do in the long term (e.g. meds, therapy, etc.). they've been trained and they know what's up so they're not going to say anything too demeaning or corny.
every time ive tried a hotline it's just fuckign bullshit cheesy nonsense and they just want to show me sympathy
like bitch no i do'nt need your fucking sympathy you're making me want to kill myself twice as much
i really want to do it now but whatever
Old 12-25-2016, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
+1 for that,in my experience they dont really say "ohh youre so strong" they just listen to you if you want to talk, sometimes you get responders that will stay with you on the phone for as much time as you can even if you dont talk much. They do talk about things oyu can do to help yourself and distract yourself. The only bad experience I had was when a responder told me to flush my pills down the toilet even though they were prescribed mood stabilisers haha
Old 12-26-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
1: thanks for this
2: omg hi confuzzled i haven't seen u around in a while
1. you are so so welcome
2. hiiiiiii ik, i honestly don't really consider myself a "member" anymore because i kind of float on and off but it's nice to kinda catch up and see what's happening )) how have you been?

Quote:
I honestly have no idea, I haven't tried it. I just found it and I figured it wouldn't hurt to share soo yeahh. Sorry that's not very helpful :/

(finding neverland)
Old 12-26-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
1. you are so so welcome
2. hiiiiiii ik, i honestly don't really consider myself a "member" anymore because i kind of float on and off but it's nice to kinda catch up and see what's happening )) how have you been?
lol bad
i wouldn't say things are going well but at least they're going
Old 12-26-2016, 10:55 PM

it's when not if
Old 12-26-2016, 10:57 PM

tfw u see a bottle of pills on the counter and you're just like "huh. those aren't mine. maybe i should down all of them and see what happens"

not a plan or anything
nor any particular true possibility
just
tfw that's the very first thing u think to urself. casually.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
lol bad
i wouldn't say things are going well but at least they're going
hey, that is good at least! is there anything i can do to help make things a bit better?

(finding neverland)
Old 12-27-2016, 10:06 PM

if people would stop commenting on my height and calling me a fucking freak for it to my faves that would be good thanks. same goes to comments like "you could be a model if you were pretty!" and "if you had bigger boobs you could be a model" haha fuck off and no mom those are not compliments and you threatening to send me to get help because I hate my height isn't helping either thanks and kindly fuck off. also stop screaming at me in front of my friends as my brother laughs thanks I hate myself anyway I don't need your help

Tags
♥lifepleaseguys:'), afraid to keep on living, bettertoburnoutthanfade, black n hopeless feeling, do what?, do you ever wonder?, face the north, i give up; okay?, i love u its gon b ok, i'm already dead inside, i'm so sorry, i'm there for you :), ignored as usual, ihopethebunnycheersuup:), just pray :), kayla was here, o_o this is insane, smexy elmo, someone's bitter, tags y u so weird?, takesometimetofeelbetter, theblackisclosingin, they're following me...:(, we got this!, you are not alone