Quantcast The KidPubbers that took a break and need to reunite. - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2014, 06:22 AM

Default The KidPubbers that took a break and need to reunite.

HIIII.

Um, so, yes, you may think this is very... spammiful? But, I've realised that I have not been on this site, mostly the main site, in about a few months now. I've just been drained because of school and mainly because of procrastination. Well, procrastination would be staying on KidPub—sorry, I don't actually see my own point.

Anyways—yeah, I think this is a thread where KidPubbers who took a break and feel like they have been missing out on new fantasy stories, new romance stories, new mystery stories and more on here should reunite once again and talk just for a little bit on here about what they missed most and just converse over the things that they want to do on here again.

For example, I used to post almost every week, write every day—now? Now, because of laziness, I barely write. I write around 1,000 words if I do, and then I stop for around a month and then come back to it. I used to write 5,000 words a night sometimes and that's the best I could ever do (not really, but whatever).

So, feel like sharing?

that was so cheesy that last paragraph "feel like sharing" i'm sorry what even.
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 05-02-2014, 11:38 AM

I don't write as much I'd like and I don't think I've posted anything in about a year. 8I

KP doesn't seem to enjoy fan-fictions that much unless they're something super popular like The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, or Harry Potter (and I'm in none of those fandoms). Thus, whenever I post one of my fics (seriously, I think I have ONE original fantasy story) it's always kind of awkward and nobody gets it. That and there are so many newbies that I can't keep track of them all. ;_;

I'm coming up on my 2-year anniversary (I thought it was 3 o_o) and I only look at polls and WB, too. I don't really read any stories anymore because they don't update, the plot gets confusing, I can't keep track of the characters, I don't remember who wrote it, etc. So, sometimes I'll plop down and add 6 pages to one of my stories (really late a night XD) but, yeah, I don't seem to write as much as I used to. I'm doing more artsy crafty things now, but I do miss the Golden Days when popular KPers posted edits of their most popular stories, when book cover contests were really common, when the Never Ending Story got started over...a lot, and when I never got on Writer's Block. TTuTT
Old 05-02-2014, 12:07 PM

I haven't written in about a few months, and I really would like to get back to it, but I think I've lost my touch.
Help me.

Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?"

Old 05-02-2014, 06:44 PM

I kindof took a small break (and should still be in it honestly, i'm just procrastinating all over again) and a lot happened since then. There are so many new people to meet, and there's a bunch of...new things that have happened and changed. /overwhelmed/

Honestly, I want to write more. And I want to read more.

The problem with No. 1 is probably obvious, WB and procrastination combined, so I'm just forcing myself to write random stuff that comes to mind. It's sortof working...? I'm trying to post more too, so.

No. 2 is a bit harder to explain. Considering this is a writing site, there are probably a lot of posts to read. But I find myself...I don't know. All I've been reading is poetry. I can't find a story I like when the NSP is swamped with other stuff, or maybe I've just missed them or didn't click on them. um yeah. am i nitpicky or something. I'll find something eventually. o-o
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 05-02-2014, 06:55 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

Did you ever read any of the stuff Bingo wrote, Cherry?

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:57 PM

Yes I have, actually! :D And it's amazing. o3o
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 05-02-2014, 07:00 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

Ah, was going to direct you toward her stories, but since you already read them...hmm...I can't remember too many that really finished. Other than Ash's.

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:04 PM

Oh, I see. :3 Hmm, yeah. Thanks for the suggestion though. ^u^ I think I'll read some offline novels for now. (I've got Midwinterblood sitting on the shelf, anybody heard of that? Never read it, but someone told me it was good.)
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 05-02-2014, 08:41 PM

Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.

I post from time to time, trying to keep with my novels. But I'm mostly on WB. :3

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-02-2014, 08:45 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

I haven't written in forever either DX i haven't posted much either on here or on the main page. I'll be able to post more this summmer and i will because this is most likely going to be my last summer on KP XP

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday