Quantcast I don't know what to call this thread... - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > US Elections
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2011, 07:28 PM

I would not copy my parent vote. but i think it would be pretty much the same
Old 04-19-2011, 02:48 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

I'm not American, but I'd probably side with who my Dad voted for. Because we have interesting debates about politics, so I agree with him.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:57 AM

Maybe 15+ should be able to vote :3 I'm 14 and I can think for myself as far as politics. My friend's and I have political discussions at lunch sometimes. :] And I wouldn't care who anyone else was voting for, though since my beliefs are so similar to those of my parents, I may end up voting for the same canidate :P

I guess it depends on you maturity, understanding, and intelligence in politics.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:17 PM

I think the voting age should be re-raised to 21... Too many college students have no idea of what's happening in world.
I do think it depends a lot on the person, but if it were decided individually, it would be too subjective and that privilege would most likely be abused.
I'm 13, and I know my views on politics/religion are completely different from those of my parents. But I pay attention to and care about my beliefs. So do a lot of other people my age (like most people on here), but definitely not everyone. I think it's a better idea for everyone to wait, rather than screwing up the elections with millions of kids voting for semi-random people, because they have no idea.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:30 AM

No, because I know some kids vote for a president because of their name (Rudy Guliani ) their color, their family, and don't pay attention to anyhting else.

THAT'S ABSURD.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
Say that again.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
THAT'S ABSURD!

I wanna be at the House Cup Tournament.
I wanna be the Coolest Girl.
I wanna be a Starship Ranger.
I wanna be somebody's buddy.
But most of all, I wanna be at a Starkid concert!!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:22 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtide View Post
I think the voting age should be re-raised to 21... Too many college students have no idea of what's happening in world.
I do think it depends a lot on the person, but if it were decided individually, it would be too subjective and that privilege would most likely be abused.
I'm 13, and I know my views on politics/religion are completely different from those of my parents. But I pay attention to and care about my beliefs. So do a lot of other people my age (like most people on here), but definitely not everyone. I think it's a better idea for everyone to wait, rather than screwing up the elections with millions of kids voting for semi-random people, because they have no idea.
So what is the age? In the UK, it's 18. And what about the people who do know what is going on - would it be fair on them?
Old 06-21-2011, 02:09 PM

It's 18 in the US too.
And yet it'd be fair to them; it's not depriving them their right to vote, bacause they'd be able to vote eventually, they'd just have to wait a few more years.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:47 PM

Well, I think that it would be a bad idea, but I wish I could vote...REPUBLICAN!!!!!!!

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 09-14-2011, 06:16 PM

I think it would make sense for emancipated minors to be able to vote, since they are legally as responsible for themselves as an adult. I see no strong arguement for or against children at large voting, other than the idea of voting making a difference/being a serious matter being further degraded by the type of publicity candidates may use in order to convince younger voters. Saying that children would only vote for what their parents vote for is not, in my mind, an arguement against children voting since, if that happened, the outcome should be the same, assuming that the average amount of children per family is about even on both sides of the political spectrum. So with the exception of Emancipated Minors, I wouldn't be a proponent of child voting.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:02 PM

The way I understand the voting age in America is because of the age that people can be drafted to fight and die for their country. If they can be drafted, but don't have any say in the person who just drastically changed their lives (i.e., the President), then that is just wrong.

Tags
politics, voting