Quantcast Gray vs. Grey NES - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayok View Post
i imagine there should be some sort of conflict in the backdrop of this. perhaps a political war of some sort...i know we do the war in the background thing alot but historically its worked when the plot reaches a lull and people stop posting as much. we just throw in something interesting from the war and voila, they're back.
@DE - You can have a maximum of three characters, i would think. any more and you would have to kill off one of your existing characters.
@ello.rach - here it is haha

Could someone please make another organization? a defined one to serve as an enemy to the one I'm having to achieve the political war thing

Name: Seth
Gender/Age: Male
Allegiance: Formerly the Confederation (I'll make a confederation character later), now for himself.
Appearance: Silver-gray hair, wears a gray robe-ish thing thats kinda faded, his eyes are keen like a wolf's.
Personality: An absolute cynic in every respect. He has a brilliant mind though, when he cares to use it. He tends to sit back rather than join the fray, however.
Background: Was once a highly ranked general in the Confederation; disgusted with the way the people lived in drudgery, disappeared from the political scene. He lived in seclusion for a while, but now he has come back to the City to see if anything is changed.
What Makes Them Good: Sees the evils of the world and wants to fix them.
What Makes Them Evil: his methods are 'unorthodox', when he acts at all.
Leaning More To Which Side?: Good.
So is it okay if Peter is under Seth's command? (REAL original name, by the way )
"Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever. The End." ~Moulin Rouge

R.C. + H.M. + D.R. Forever!!!!
The game.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:16 PM

Location: A pirate vessel, a Grecian paradise, a princess castle, a Victorian ball - anywhere romantic!

Name: Desiree Scarlett
Gender/Age: Female/21
Allegiance: Rachel and Shayok's Characters....
Personality: When off the job - quite nice, friendly, and sarcastic. When on the job - totally serious, determined, sultry, snappy.
Appearance: Long, silky brown hair, luscious green eyes, has the body of a model.
Background: Went through foster care her whole life because her parents were drug adicts who abused her, never was adopted. Was headed down the same drugie path as her parents, but was found by some guy at a club when she eighteen who took her in and got her started in her line of work.
What Makes Them Good: She's nice..... When she's not at work....
What Makes Them Evil: She, er, seduces secrets out of guys of the opposing side then kills them.
Leaning More To Which Side?: Probably Evil
[Smiles, kisses Will, dramatic music, HAPPILY EVER AFTER (until they have to save the day again)!!!]

With inky love, Rose <3

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE
Old 05-15-2011, 12:05 AM

I know I said I wanted a part in this, but I think I'm going to drop out. I keep abandoning all the NESs I've joined lately Have fun guys!

Anyone can get you through the door, but it's up to you whether or not you stay in the room. - I have no idea where this is from or if that's the right wording. If you know, tell me!
Old 05-15-2011, 12:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shayok

@lenni, okay, if you ever want to join again you're welcome here.
@ello.rach, yea sure, you can be one of the officers/people who grew disgusted with the Confederation. And yes, I know, amazing name. At least its not Sylus. xD

I'm just going to start here.

The forest floor was covered in a white blanket of ice and snow, providing a stark contrast to the rich dark brown of the tree bark. The scarce leaves were dark green, and its branches struggled against the ever growing burden of snow that piled on top of the canopy. It was silent, but for a lone bird that seemed to have forgotten it was winter, not spring yet.
Seth's boots made deep impressions in the bed of snow, but he did not much care. He had long forgotten that particular part of his old military training, to keep from making an easily followable track. The forest was more or less secluded. He was the only one living there.
And suddenly, a noise from far off.
He immediately ducked behind a tree, confusion in his eyes. No one ever came to the forest...perhaps the Confederation had come looking for him. Perhaps it was a simple hunter who had lost his way.
He forced himself to calm down. He would find out when the cause of the noise came outside.
"Who's there?" he called out, announcing his presence while gripping the curved sword at his belt.
-Basho Matsuo, Japanese haiku poet
Old 05-15-2011, 09:37 AM

Location: In fourth year at Hogwarts, going on epic adventures at night with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

Slowly as a wind-drifting cold air into his lungs, a small tip of a leather boot arised from behind a large underbrush. Seth held his breath, contemplating on the mysterious intruder. His eyes darted quick and swift, like a sword going back and forth.

The small boot rested on a pile of large leaves, echoing in a small CRUNCH.

Seth tilted his chin up in thought, and still grasping the handle like steel to iron, he repeated, "Who's there?"

As a sheen of clear light passed through the bush, a young girl, tanned by the sun she caressed, came into Seth's view. She was thin, but strongly built, and held a masculine security about her. He chin-length, choppy black hair matched her eyes, darker than ebony. She also squeezed the tip of her sword hilt.

Seth adjusted position, no longer in fear of something monstrous. It was just a young girl. No harm.

"Oh. Just you," Seth said easily.

The girl's face squinted, and her eyebrows lowered in curiousity, "What do you mean, 'you'? If you think I have no means of defending myself in needy situations, you are wrong. Mr . . ."

"If it is my last name you request, I'm not going to comply," Seth drawled smoothly.

The girl's deep eyes swirled with rebellion and hate toward Seth, gleaming like the dark night itself.

be L oyal O bedient V irtuous E ncouraging

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."

MUSIC can . . .
Give you hope . . .
Make you believe . . .
Heal your heart . . .
Touch your soul . . .
And never leave your mind . . .
~ Mallori Sparke
Old 05-15-2011, 12:24 PM

*are you new to NESs? This isn't quite Gary and liz, more of an RPG with characters 'owned' by their creators. Point is, a bit too much character controlling there...I'll go along with it because its basically in character, but just a note for next time. *

Seth glanced off into the direction of the city. "What, are you from there? Another refugee running about like a chicken with its head cut off?" He shook his head. "Damned politics...I'm going to have to go back in there soon, just to see what it's like..."

Last edited by Shayok; 05-15-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:06 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

*Is it cool if I randomly have my character pop up in the woods, Shayok? I have no idea where to start.*

The cold air pierced his lungs, giving Skyler the better feeling of being in control. The voices seemed to retreat slightly, but only just, as if the temperature of the air frightened them. Skyler liked that. Serves them right, he thought bitterly while wrapping the ratty coat he wore tighter around him, it's their fault I'm out here. The government can't find you in the woods-Ha!, but the snow and cold and starvation will find me first, unless a wild animal gets me before that. his thoughts died down as he listened to the sound of his boots shuffling through the snow, the cry of a lone bird hiding somewhere in the bare trees briefly caught his attention, causing him to stop in his tracks. What am I doing out here? The sane part of his mind asked despairingly, Running from the government, came the instant reply, running from the people who want to hurt you. Running from the
people who want you dead, splattered in the street. I'm saving you, Skyler.

"You lie," he snarled quietly, feeling his numb fingers curl into fists, "You want to kill me before the government does!"
Skyler, a different male voice came to the other's defense, you know we only seek your best interest at heart.
"You're lying," Skyler repeated angrily. The voices didn't answer him, giving him a chance to relax his tense stance. The young man fell to his knees in the snow, absently tracing lines in the powder as he calmed down. Distancely, a voice echoed through the trees, something Skyler would consider a shout. He stared in the direction it had come from, terrified it was nothing more than a trick his demented mind was playing on him. Slowly, he got to his feet and unconsciously started to shuffle toward it, all the while being bombarded with the voices.
Don't go!
You'll walk right into a trap! It's the government! The government!
Nothing more than a trap Skyler!
You're crazy of you think you'll live!
Here we are risking our necks to help you and you go off and get yourself killed anyway!

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:02 PM

*Sorry to intrude, but can I still join?*
Old 05-15-2011, 09:19 PM

@Kiwara, 'course you can, that was my intention for having a noise in the forest, so someone can make that noise and things can start up.
@Ivory, 'course you can, we're only a few posts in. Make yourself a character and jump in.

i'll reply later, piano lesson now...
Old 05-15-2011, 10:28 PM

*I guess I'll stick Ryne in the Confederacy's army, just to mix things up. So is this Civil War, a ficticous world's history, or futuristic? I mean I know swords were mentioned, but....? Lol page 3 and I'm already confused >.<*

We had been marching since the crack of dawn and I was dead tired, but my fellow soliders, heathens that they were, had voted me into the position of scout. So I was stuck attempting to be stealthy in five inches of snow, sneaking up on nonexistant enemies, while the majority of the others were preparing for sleep. It just wasn't my-
"...lying,"
I thought I heard a voice saying in the distance. Wind. It had to be wind. Just the wind...talking? Ugh. Now I'd have to trudge through more snow to 'investigate.' Fun.