Quantcast War - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 04-28-2013, 11:23 PM

Default War

The American economy drops again, bringing the whole world with it. Tensions grow between countries, countries take sides, and the electricity of war moves in. When World War III actually happens, it happens right at a KP summer school. It seems the only way to get out of this alive is to run from the chaos, and join the opposite side as soldiers (and killers) rather than be prisoners of war.

The half the world is fighting for democracy, or fighting for the new fascist league. The KP boarding school is located on the East Coast in New Jersey, where America is primarily fighting for freedom. Normally, armed forces would arrive and get most things sorted out, but the rest of America is too, at war (sometimes with itself), the biggest battles are on the California coast, and the fascist forces are awfully strong. KP's alone, but it makes sense they should have each other.

What are we going to do?

The NES opens with everyone in the boarding school, enjoying their day despite communications with the rest of the world being cut off, when a stealth air force unit of the other side bombs the building and after that, enemy soldiers surround the area. It is preferable for everyone's narrations to be in first person, present tense, and not controlling of other people's characters except for in crucial situations. Overly inactive characters will be killed, I'm afraid, but you may have multiple characters, of either side.

Name:
Age: (For your KP character, probably older than fifteen. Otherwise, there is little use for you in war, and no enemy armies would mistake you for a proper soldier.)
Appearance:
Personality in a nutshell:
Talents/Skills/Capabilities: (May be a skill you actually don't have, but keep it reasonable. You probably don't know how to shoot and aim a gun perfectly and you probably can't use a bow, which is ridiculous in this setting, by the way. You can probably learn how to shoot along the way, but you probably won't be a master at it right away. Don't discard any literary abilities, though, they could come in handy.

I'll come up with my character soon. I hope you join.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:35 PM

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.”
^Terry Prachett on War

Probably won't join, but I think it needed this quote.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:37 PM

Hai XX!
I'll join!
But later.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:34 PM

I'll join later.
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 05-03-2013, 11:42 PM

Screw it, I'm joining now.

Name: Sophie
Appearance: Light almond-ish skin, dark brown eyes and hair, petite (about 5' 5).
Personality in a nutshell: Fiercely loyal towards friends, can get devestated over minor things, has a perpetual fighting spirit, highly empathetic, stubborn.
Talents/Skills/Capabilities: Can write realistic fiction decently, takes Taekwondo (Curiously, I actually do), is good at winning arguments, can sing "decently".
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain