Quantcast The Lunar Chronicles - Fan Club - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Clubs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2014, 07:03 PM

Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.
Default The Lunar Chronicles - Fan Club

Well, it's just an amazing series written by Marissa Meyer. :3 And so far, I don't know anyone, anyone who reads it... save for my librarian. So... anyone? I just finished Cress and it was amazing. 8D Can't wait for Winter!!!!!!!!

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-12-2014, 07:44 PM

What are they about?
Old 02-12-2014, 09:03 PM

Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
What are they about?
I'm not very good at explaining goods so I'll just copy/paste the synopsis of the first book. xD\

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

It's a really good series!!! You should read it! At first, I was reluctant, but I gradually came to like it. And then the third book just blew me away. :33

is not KNOWLEDGE
- Albert Einstein

Old 02-12-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbhabra View Post
I'm not very good at explaining goods so I'll just copy/paste the synopsis of the first book. xD\

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

It's a really good series!!! You should read it! At first, I was reluctant, but I gradually came to like it. And then the third book just blew me away. :33
Sounds cool! Though, for some reason it made me think of Cinderella. You know, Cinder sounds like Cinderella, stepmother, stepsister, a handsome prince. Just saying. My mind works in mysterious ways. But it sounds great! I might try it sometime if I can find it at the library! Thanks for explaining it!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Sounds cool! Though, for some reason it made me think of Cinderella. You know, Cinder sounds like Cinderella, stepmother, stepsister, a handsome prince. Just saying. My mind works in mysterious ways. But it sounds great! I might try it sometime if I can find it at the library! Thanks for explaining it!
Anytime!! And i forgot to mention, it actually is like Cinderella on purpose. xD It's in the genre for the retelling of fairy tales so each novels follows a Disney princess, but, like, it's changed? It's kind of hard to explain, I guess. In the first book, there are the sisters, the stepmother, the ball, etc. but it's also original at the same time, with another, bigger plot going on. It's... really good. xD

is not KNOWLEDGE
- Albert Einstein

Old 02-28-2014, 06:16 AM

I got Cinder today. :3 I still need to finish Prodigy (Legend, #2) but I still can't wait to read it. 8D
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 02-28-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
I got Cinder today. :3 I still need to finish Prodigy (Legend, #2) but I still can't wait to read it. 8D
OMIGOD that's awesome!!! I actually like Cress (the third one) better than the other two. I just love the characters and everything that happened. (I'd say more but I don't won't to spoil it for you >_<)

And prodigy was awesome!!!!!! Wait until you finish Champion. You will die. xD Be sure to let me know. I want to watch yet another person spazz about it. Again, I don't want to spoil it but ahhhhhhhh so many Fangirl feels.

is not KNOWLEDGE
- Albert Einstein

Old 02-28-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbhabra View Post
OMIGOD that's awesome!!! I actually like Cress (the third one) better than the other two. I just love the characters and everything that happened. (I'd say more but I don't won't to spoil it for you >_<)

And prodigy was awesome!!!!!! Wait until you finish Champion. You will die. xD Be sure to let me know. I want to watch yet another person spazz about it. Again, I don't want to spoil it but ahhhhhhhh so many Fangirl feels.
I KNOW. AHAHAHAHAHAH. They had Cress at the store, but I figured that (since they didn't have Scarlet) I didn't want to get it.

OHMIGOD I NEED CHAMPION NOW.
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 03-08-2014, 04:02 PM

I'm having so many fangirl feels about Cress. Mainly Thorne. xD God, Cress was my favorite book by far.

I want to reread it.

But I don't own it.

._.

is not KNOWLEDGE
- Albert Einstein

Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 PM

I finished Cinder yesterday, and I started Scarlet today. I have Cress in my room in hardback. AHAHAHhaha! It was so great. I had feels all the time and if you don't know this already, I love f.e.e.l.s. I love them. I can't wait to get into Scarlet, and I think I will fly through this series, because it took me like two or three days to read Cinder. It would usually take me like a week or a week and a half.

Tags
ㅋㅋㅋ