Quantcast The Sarah J. Maas Fanclub! - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Clubs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2015, 06:57 PM

Default The Sarah J. Maas Fanclub!

So this is a little area where we can all obsess over Sarah and all her books. If you have spoilers in one of your posts, you can highlight it in white...like this:

blah blah dies and it makes me so sad.

and then no one will get spoiled unless they want to.

Sarah has two series. Throne of Glass, which consists of Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, Queen of Shadows (to be released) and two more books. She is also writing a different series. The first book is called A Court of Thorns and Roses, and it is a beauty in the beast fairytale retelling, with faerie lore elements.

Her books are so amazing and awesome and I want to discuss them with each and every one of you that has read them and loved them.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:09 PM

My favourite YA author of all time. She is absolutely amazing and I cannot wait for QOS. My favourite character is obviously Celaena Sardothien because how can you not love her? She is my wallpaper for my iPad and MacBook, as well as my phone and iPod. She is my favourite character off all time, and I'm not joking. KALADIN nearly beats her but CELAENA is just perfection.

I have also memorised the first two pages of Throne of Glass, and have read Throne of Glass three times, which is just amazing. If you guys haven't read ToG, READ IT. RIGHT. NOW. STOP. WRITING. OR. READING. ANYTHING. ELSE. AND READ READ READ.

I loved ACOTAR so much especially when Feyre is like "I love you" and then stabs Tamlin in the chest. My god the feeeeeellssss. It was just an absolutely amazing journey. Her writing is flawless and I love everything about SJM, especially her characters and her worlds. Mostly Erilea.

HoF is my favourite of the series thus far, but I have a feeling that QOS will change that when I get it on the last day of August, seeing as my BOOKSTORE IS AMAZING BOOYEAH.

And Rowan Whitethorn is my book boyfriend. He is my bae, I love him completely and if Celaena hooks up with him, that would be complete perfection because they would be awesome together! Just like when Celaena claimed Rowan as her friend because that was beautifully written and I loved the scene and the concept and the feels that I got from it.

Also, The Assassin's Blade. Most people don't talk about this that much, but this book is completely amazing! The Empire one and the Underworld were my favourites and when Sam got killed oh my god, I was in tears and sobbing for gods know how long. I was in distress and couldn't think of him without crying. Poor Adarlan's Assassin. I just wanted to hug her, but then she might go insane on me like Chaol in Crown of Midnight, which I am rereading right now!

I believe SJM said that book four, Queen of Shadows, is going to be somewhere around 180k words and it is 650 pages! Awesomeness! I wonder if there is going to be a massive battle at the end of the series and how long will the last one be? Also, did you guys here that she is not done with the world of ERILEA when she finished writing a Throne of Glass? Possibly another novel? A new series? Maybe a novella collection kind of like the Assassin's Blade? I'm not sure, but I can't wait to find out!

Also, can you guys believe what might happen in book four? Yep, that's right! The Aelin and Aedion reuniting scene, if they might do so. Hopefully they do because that would be extremely awesome and emotional that I will definitely cry when it happens. I've been a fan of this series since March of 2014 and I cannot wait til it happens! When it does, I'll be screaming with joy and excitement!

So yes, SJM will forever be one of my favourite YA fantasy authors apart from the book goddess Cassie Clare, of course. But SJM's worlds are extremely cool and I love diving into them whenever I'm not sure what to read next. Rereading these are just so much fun because of the characters and their afflictions and flaws and amazing attributes! Cannot wait for Queen of Shadows and also A Court of Thorns and Roses sequel which is coming out in May 2016.

Throne of Glass

A Court of Thorns and Roses
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 08-24-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
My favourite YA author of all time. She is absolutely amazing and I cannot wait for QOS. My favourite character is obviously Celaena Sardothien because how can you not love her? She is my wallpaper for my iPad and MacBook, as well as my phone and iPod. She is my favourite character off all time, and I'm not joking. KALADIN nearly beats her but CELAENA is just perfection.

I have also memorised the first two pages of Throne of Glass, and have read Throne of Glass three times, which is just amazing. If you guys haven't read ToG, READ IT. RIGHT. NOW. STOP. WRITING. OR. READING. ANYTHING. ELSE. AND READ READ READ.

I loved ACOTAR so much especially when Feyre is like "I love you" and then stabs Tamlin in the chest. My god the feeeeeellssss. It was just an absolutely amazing journey. Her writing is flawless and I love everything about SJM, especially her characters and her worlds. Mostly Erilea.

HoF is my favourite of the series thus far, but I have a feeling that QOS will change that when I get it on the last day of August, seeing as my BOOKSTORE IS AMAZING BOOYEAH.

And Rowan Whitethorn is my book boyfriend. He is my bae, I love him completely and if Celaena hooks up with him, that would be complete perfection because they would be awesome together! Just like when Celaena claimed Rowan as her friend because that was beautifully written and I loved the scene and the concept and the feels that I got from it.

Also, The Assassin's Blade. Most people don't talk about this that much, but this book is completely amazing! The Empire one and the Underworld were my favourites and when Sam got killed oh my god, I was in tears and sobbing for gods know how long. I was in distress and couldn't think of him without crying. Poor Adarlan's Assassin. I just wanted to hug her, but then she might go insane on me like Chaol in Crown of Midnight, which I am rereading right now!

I believe SJM said that book four, Queen of Shadows, is going to be somewhere around 180k words and it is 650 pages! Awesomeness! I wonder if there is going to be a massive battle at the end of the series and how long will the last one be? Also, did you guys here that she is not done with the world of ERILEA when she finished writing a Throne of Glass? Possibly another novel? A new series? Maybe a novella collection kind of like the Assassin's Blade? I'm not sure, but I can't wait to find out!

Also, can you guys believe what might happen in book four? Yep, that's right! The Aelin and Aedion reuniting scene, if they might do so. Hopefully they do because that would be extremely awesome and emotional that I will definitely cry when it happens. I've been a fan of this series since March of 2014 and I cannot wait til it happens! When it does, I'll be screaming with joy and excitement!

So yes, SJM will forever be one of my favourite YA fantasy authors apart from the book goddess Cassie Clare, of course. But SJM's worlds are extremely cool and I love diving into them whenever I'm not sure what to read next. Rereading these are just so much fun because of the characters and their afflictions and flaws and amazing attributes! Cannot wait for Queen of Shadows and also A Court of Thorns and Roses sequel which is coming out in May 2016.

Throne of Glass

A Court of Thorns and Roses
I'm almost done with ACOTAR. I have about thirty pages left and this is so intense. I ship Rhys and Feyre xD I know most people don't but they would just be so perfect together.

And also...I think I am going to try to read the Assassins Blade after ACOTAR, and before QOS. Hopefully I can finish it by September first ...

My favorite part of ACOTAR is when Feyre is in the spring court and goes to that party and gets drunk, and she and Tamlin see the wil'o'wisp or whatever they're called, and then they go to the crest of a hill and watch the sunrise. Perfect part in any book ever.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
I'm almost done with ACOTAR. I have about thirty pages left and this is so intense. I ship Rhys and Feyre xD I know most people don't but they would just be so perfect together.

And also...I think I am going to try to read the Assassins Blade after ACOTAR, and before QOS. Hopefully I can finish it by September first ...

My favorite part of ACOTAR is when Feyre is in the spring court and goes to that party and gets drunk, and she and Tamlin see the wil'o'wisp or whatever they're called, and then they go to the crest of a hill and watch the sunrise. Perfect part in any book ever.
Yes! Just wait until the end. Something huge happens that still has me wondering what it could mean. It's so good and haunting and terrifying,

The Assassin's Blade is probably the slowest book of the series, but is still undoubtedly amazing as the rest of them. I'm going to start Heir of Fire on the weekend and meanwhile read Elantris.

I loved that part. It was so vivid and awesome. I also loved the opening scene because it was a great way to start the book!
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 08-24-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Yes! Just wait until the end. Something huge happens that still has me wondering what it could mean. It's so good and haunting and terrifying,

The Assassin's Blade is probably the slowest book of the series, but is still undoubtedly amazing as the rest of them. I'm going to start Heir of Fire on the weekend and meanwhile read Elantris.

I loved that part. It was so vivid and awesome. I also loved the opening scene because it was a great way to start the book!
While Heir of Fire is my favorite of all her books, I would've thought it was the slowest.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:45 PM

Default Sarahhhhhhhhh

First off YAAAAAS it's not just me who completely adores Sarah J. Maas and every single word she has written and it is complete hynoptism I am telling you

HYPNOTISM
and i am glad there are people i can vent to and they will understand and thank you *bows*

And lets talk bookish okay so

UMM I AM BAD AT TELLING IF THIS IS SPOILERS OR NOT SO JUST DON'T READ ON. FOR YOUR OWN SAKE.

leave now

while you still can

you gone

i am not putting in this in white

okay
okay

okay

SOOOOOOO QUEEN OF SHADOWS COMING OUT SO SOON I AM FLIPPIN EXCITED AND I HAVE THE BOOK ON PREORDER AND AHHH what will happen, will she choose to be known as Aelin or Celeana and my poor baby Rowan is across the sea (he needs some action guys) and then DORIAN AH my other child please don't hurt him he is lovely and the only sane person (well was the only sane person) in this series (don't get me wrong, i love insanity just we need one person who does enjoy killing people all the time or the sight of blood or keeping secrets from their lovers)

speaking of that my one true love Chaol, who is only fit to be either with me or Celeana. That is right friends, full fledged supporter of the Chaoleana ship. I will go down with this ship,even though its 99.9999999% not going to work out

i dont flippin care.

An AEDION YAS please reunite with your cousin because their relationship is my favorite almost pretty much it's beautiful and I cannot wait for that moment guys its gonna tear out my feels.

Onto another character.. err well umm... to be completely honest Manon makes no sense to me and I had to really try hard to finish those chapters because even though Abroxos is super cute and loyal and stuff I am sorry Manon but uggghhh stahp. please.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT TOG even though it is brilliant.

But ACOTR... to be completely frank I didn't like that book at all. The romance seemed super forced, the character development seemed fake and I don't really know I didn't care about the characters. Some random meteor could come out of no where and blow up everyone and I wouldn't care. I would probably be sitting eating popcorn and clap or something.

Sorry chaps. :3

But it's okay because SARAH IS QUEEN and I will read anything I can get my clammy paws on. YAS SARAH you rock this world.
kay i am done.

(finding neverland)
Old 08-25-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
First off YAAAAAS it's not just me who completely adores Sarah J. Maas and every single word she has written and it is complete hynoptism I am telling you

HYPNOTISM
and i am glad there are people i can vent to and they will understand and thank you *bows*

And lets talk bookish okay so

UMM I AM BAD AT TELLING IF THIS IS SPOILERS OR NOT SO JUST DON'T READ ON. FOR YOUR OWN SAKE.

leave now

while you still can

you gone

i am not putting in this in white

okay
okay

okay

SOOOOOOO QUEEN OF SHADOWS COMING OUT SO SOON I AM FLIPPIN EXCITED AND I HAVE THE BOOK ON PREORDER AND AHHH what will happen, will she choose to be known as Aelin or Celeana and my poor baby Rowan is across the sea (he needs some action guys) and then DORIAN AH my other child please don't hurt him he is lovely and the only sane person (well was the only sane person) in this series (don't get me wrong, i love insanity just we need one person who does enjoy killing people all the time or the sight of blood or keeping secrets from their lovers)

speaking of that my one true love Chaol, who is only fit to be either with me or Celeana. That is right friends, full fledged supporter of the Chaoleana ship. I will go down with this ship,even though its 99.9999999% not going to work out

i dont flippin care.

An AEDION YAS please reunite with your cousin because their relationship is my favorite almost pretty much it's beautiful and I cannot wait for that moment guys its gonna tear out my feels.

Onto another character.. err well umm... to be completely honest Manon makes no sense to me and I had to really try hard to finish those chapters because even though Abroxos is super cute and loyal and stuff I am sorry Manon but uggghhh stahp. please.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT TOG even though it is brilliant.

But ACOTR... to be completely frank I didn't like that book at all. The romance seemed super forced, the character development seemed fake and I don't really know I didn't care about the characters. Some random meteor could come out of no where and blow up everyone and I wouldn't care. I would probably be sitting eating popcorn and clap or something.

Sorry chaps. :3

But it's okay because SARAH IS QUEEN and I will read anything I can get my clammy paws on. YAS SARAH you rock this world.
kay i am done.
I'm a full fledged supporter of the Chaolaena ship also. I do hope that it works out. I actually do like Manon, and I really loved her chapters. We already saw some in Heir of Fire that she has a "soft" side, and so I predict she will end up fighting against the iron tooth witches in some way. Maybe her and Dorain will get together? I don't know...is it weird for me to ship Manon and Dorian? xD

AND YES QUEEN OF SHADOWS I AM GOING TO GET IT AT BARNES AND NOBLE IMMEDIATELY AFTER SCHOOL IS OVER AND I AM GOING TO READ IT AND IT IS GOING TO BLOW MY MIND....hopefully.

I may have liked ACOTAR so much, because I read it this past week, right before Queen of Shadows gets released. I'm kind of on a sarah j. maas high right now. I am currently reading The Assassin's Blade, and if I can get it done before september first, then I will have read all her books (besides Queen of Shadows of course)

BUT AFTER QUEEN OF SHADOWS COMES OUT I AM GOING TO BE POSTING ON THIS THREAD SO MUCH BECAUSE AHHHH. I CAN'T EVEN. I CAN'T EVEN.

and in book three when Sorscha died x( agh!

The only time I've cried in these books has been the entire like...last thirty pages of Heir of Fire because so much crap went down. It all started when the slaves from Endovier were killed and I just couldn't control my emotions...it was awful. and then there comes a sword chopping off sorscha's head, which was also...awful. not to mention that one wyvern dying during the war games. I didn't cry then, but it was still sad.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
I'm a full fledged supporter of the Chaolaena ship also. I do hope that it works out. I actually do like Manon, and I really loved her chapters. We already saw some in Heir of Fire that she has a "soft" side, and so I predict she will end up fighting against the iron tooth witches in some way. Maybe her and Dorain will get together? I don't know...is it weird for me to ship Manon and Dorian? xD

AND YES QUEEN OF SHADOWS I AM GOING TO GET IT AT BARNES AND NOBLE IMMEDIATELY AFTER SCHOOL IS OVER AND I AM GOING TO READ IT AND IT IS GOING TO BLOW MY MIND....hopefully.

I may have liked ACOTAR so much, because I read it this past week, right before Queen of Shadows gets released. I'm kind of on a sarah j. maas high right now. I am currently reading The Assassin's Blade, and if I can get it done before september first, then I will have read all her books (besides Queen of Shadows of course)

BUT AFTER QUEEN OF SHADOWS COMES OUT I AM GOING TO BE POSTING ON THIS THREAD SO MUCH BECAUSE AHHHH. I CAN'T EVEN. I CAN'T EVEN.

and in book three when Sorscha died x( agh!

The only time I've cried in these books has been the entire like...last thirty pages of Heir of Fire because so much crap went down. It all started when the slaves from Endovier were killed and I just couldn't control my emotions...it was awful. and then there comes a sword chopping off sorscha's head, which was also...awful. not to mention that one wyvern dying during the war games. I didn't cry then, but it was still sad.
I really hope we get more time with Chaol in the fourth book, don't you? He didn't get much time in Heir of Fire, but I guess that is because it was mostly about Aelin. And oh my gosh what if Rowan and Manon got together? It would be a little weird... But I can definitely see it working out in my head!

YES ON TUESDAY IM GOING STRAIGHT TO THE BOOKSTORE AFTER SCHOOL. IM GOING TO BUY IT AND SIT MY BUTT DOWN AND READ READ READ.

ACOTAR was absolutely amazing, but I still like Throne of Glass better because it's just so amazing and I love the plot and the characters! It's so good. I can't wait to read more about Aelin and Aedion and Dorian and Chaol and Rowan and Manon!

YES I KNOW RIGHT IM GOING TO BE DOING WHAT PAGE IM ON AND WHAT PART IM UP TO BUT IN WHITE TEXT.

Lol I cried at the end of book one just because I felt so bad for Celaena when she was getting attacked by those demons from the other worlds and ahhhhh it was so painful to watch her be taunted by these things when she has already been through so much!
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 08-26-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I really hope we get more time with Chaol in the fourth book, don't you? He didn't get much time in Heir of Fire, but I guess that is because it was mostly about Aelin. And oh my gosh what if Rowan and Manon got together? It would be a little weird... But I can definitely see it working out in my head!

YES ON TUESDAY IM GOING STRAIGHT TO THE BOOKSTORE AFTER SCHOOL. IM GOING TO BUY IT AND SIT MY BUTT DOWN AND READ READ READ.

ACOTAR was absolutely amazing, but I still like Throne of Glass better because it's just so amazing and I love the plot and the characters! It's so good. I can't wait to read more about Aelin and Aedion and Dorian and Chaol and Rowan and Manon!

YES I KNOW RIGHT IM GOING TO BE DOING WHAT PAGE IM ON AND WHAT PART IM UP TO BUT IN WHITE TEXT.

Lol I cried at the end of book one just because I felt so bad for Celaena when she was getting attacked by those demons from the other worlds and ahhhhh it was so painful to watch her be taunted by these things when she has already been through so much!
oh my god

I have been waiting for this thread

can we just

I LOVE THESE BOOKS SO MUCH

I agree, I want to see a looooot more of Chaol (I ship him and Celaena so. much.) I never thought about Rowan and Manon, but now that you mention it you're right they would make a good couple--a little strange but at the same time it works c:

I HAVEN'T BOUGHT IT YET AND I'M HAVING WITHDRAWALS AAAGH I NEED IT SOON

sarah j. maas is the best author. ever. (besides jk rowling of course) I loved ACOTAR a lot, but nothing compares to Throne of Glass.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:58 PM

Guysssss we need to have a QOS publication party or something >

idk really but here are 4 things I need from QOS otherwise I might just sit here and die for a few days.

1. CHAOLEANA- 'buff said.

2. Aedion and Aelin reuniting- with tears and happiness and feels and yes

3. Dorian needs some lovin'- I feel like my poor child Dorian just keeps getting dissed.. he needs someone who truly loves and deserves him and doesn't get killed (bc I loved Sorscha but then she just had to go and get herself murdered...like it was her choice)

4. More backstory on Arobyn and Celeana tbh... I feel like a lot of the stuff so far is half implied, half "lets leave out some details to reveal later"shy thing going on... I really want to see/read all the deep hidden stuff in their relationship..

Yaas. The countdown is on my friends, we are so close. Less than a week left. *fistpump*

(finding neverland)

Tags
hipster manorian shipper, i fucking love nesta, lil cinnomonroll nesta, lysandra x aedion, rowaelin ftw