Quantcast Great Ambitions (This'll succeed! *sarcastic smile*) - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:27 AM
soph-soph27 soph-soph27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hypotenuse.
Posts: 8,112
Default Great Ambitions (This'll succeed! *sarcastic smile*)

Most of us must have had a few thoughts about what we'd do once we reached a point in our life. For instance, an example might be:

"When I grow up, I want to act on Broadway."

Or even:

"I want to act on Broadway."

It's simply an ambition. It doesn't have to be as big as that. I really like musicals and Les Miserables, and the main character starts as a prisoner. His number is pronounced 'Two-four-six-oh-one' or '24601'. Therefore, when I get to 24,601 posts (if ever), I'll be ecstatic. Feel free to post as many ambitions as you like. Remember, ambitions aren't measured by quality or quantity.
__________________
Reports of
my
death have been
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:35 AM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: the feds will never find me
Posts: 11,037
Default

I shall use this thread.
__________________
trails of f i r e
you always knew
they would carry me home
they'd lead me to y o u
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-28-2013, 11:00 AM
camikat camikat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: actualizing things
Posts: 8,144
Default

To actually finish a work of fiction longer than 10,000 words ;_;
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Jesse Jesse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place tantalizingly close to home
Posts: 5,700
Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camikat View Post
To actually finish a work of fiction longer than 10,000 words ;_;
To actually finish a work of fiction period...
__________________
ďIf you choose to be invisible, itís a superpower; if itís forced upon you, itís a plight. The same goes for being visible.Ē - Kathryn Schulz, Sight Unseen
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-28-2013, 01:24 PM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph-soph27 View Post
Most of us must have had a few thoughts about what we'd do once we reached a point in our life. For instance, an example might be:

"When I grow up, I want to act on Broadway."

Or even:

"I want to act on Broadway."

It's simply an ambition. It doesn't have to be as big as that. I really like musicals and Les Miserables, and the main character starts as a prisoner. His number is pronounced 'Two-four-six-oh-one' or '24601'. Therefore, when I get to 24,601 posts (if ever), I'll be ecstatic. Feel free to post as many ambitions as you like. Remember, ambitions aren't measured by quality or quantity.
To do everything you just posted here.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-28-2013, 02:02 PM
MaggieMay MaggieMay is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: ������������7
Posts: 4,555
Send a message via Skype™ to MaggieMay
Default

To write a 400-500 page novel before I die.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Jesse Jesse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place tantalizingly close to home
Posts: 5,700
Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMay View Post
To write a 400-500 page novel before I die.
To die before I convince myself that I can write a 400+ page novel.
__________________
ďIf you choose to be invisible, itís a superpower; if itís forced upon you, itís a plight. The same goes for being visible.Ē - Kathryn Schulz, Sight Unseen
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-28-2013, 03:11 PM
soph-soph27 soph-soph27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hypotenuse.
Posts: 8,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
To do everything you just posted here.
To actually highfive someone from KP.
__________________
Reports of
my
death have been
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-28-2013, 04:05 PM
EmmaR EmmaR is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: skeleton hell
Posts: 6,943
Default

Be the lead or a big part in a musical.
__________________
zooweemama
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-28-2013, 05:44 PM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
Be the lead or a big part in a musical.
To do this too.

*is too lazy to think of own ambitions*
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
artists, broadway, enjolras, flaming mangoes, great ambitions, le mis

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.