Quantcast Nervous around my crush, - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 05:56 PM

Default Nervous around my crush,

So I have a major crush, like really bad.

There's a dance coming up, and I don't want to go with anyone (well...) but I just kinda want to talk with him and ask if he's going? He has a locker near me, he's in three of my classes, but I just can't get up the nerve to even say hi, I'm afraid I'll make a fool of myself.
Everyone else is so comfortable around boys, I'm not I'm nervous, self concious ecspecially with my crush.
But there is only 23 more days left of school and I kinda want to work up the nerve to have a conversation with him, or maybe ask him to dance, or I don't know. I'm just so. UHG!

Any tips for talking to guys and being comfortable around him.
I've been crushing on him since Christmas if not before, and I really need advice cause I'm worried that we won't have any classes with me next year,
But I don't want to go all "do you like me?" on him cause that could ruin any chance.

What I do already

Walk quickly or slowly to get near him or walk next to him in the halls.

Go quickly to my locker and time it so we're there at the same time or a see him before he goes.

Inch closer to him at our lockers.

OH and smile and be caught glancing at him.

WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET UP THE NERVE TO TALK TO HIM??
Old 04-27-2011, 06:23 PM

Please Someone???
Old 04-27-2011, 06:32 PM

Sorry I have no clue
Old 04-27-2011, 06:48 PM

Me neither. I don't have crushes. Never have.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:53 PM

Location: In fourth year at Hogwarts, going on epic adventures at night with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

I can help!!

Okay, I have several suggestions below. And remember, you don't want to "jump all over him" if you know what I mean. I see so many girls following guys they like around, trying to talk to them all the time, ect. It can make the boy very annoyed. So, be nice, courteous, but don't give SUPER flattery, or talk to him TOO much.

So . . .

1. If you see him in the hall, simply, walk up to him and if you haven't introduced yourself before say, "Hey, I'm (insert name here). You're (insert his name here), right?" Just start a conversation. If you have been introduced before, say, "Hey (insert his name here)!" It might seem awkward, but what kind of boy would judge you for just starting a conversation with him?

2. When you do start a conversation with him, ask questions about him. DON'T talk about yourself, unless he asks. Then, when you get to know him better, you can start talking about yourself a bit more. You don't want him to get the idea that you are "full of yourself".

3. NEVER EVER BRAG.

4. Don't load on compliments. You can give him one simple, (not too heavy) compliment like you would to a friend, or maybe no compliments at all until you get to know him better. You don't want boys to think you're just after them for their looks or something else, and not their personality.

5. After you ask him a few questions, you can ask him about the dance. It won't feel awkward, because you have already been asking him questions anyway.

I hope this helps!!!

In peace,
~ Mallori Sparke
Old 04-27-2011, 09:45 PM

thanks, i'll try that
Old 05-01-2011, 02:32 PM

Anyone?? Ten characters
Old 04-27-2012, 02:07 AM

Hey, kgs! It's been like, a YEAR. And idk if it worked out for you. How was it? Are you dating?? What's up? o.o
Old 04-28-2012, 09:10 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catty View Post
Hey, kgs! It's been like, a YEAR. And idk if it worked out for you. How was it? Are you dating?? What's up? o.o
Hey Catty! Yes it has been like a year I totally forgot about this. I never really could get over my nervousness around him, he ended up not going, wasn't really his thing. So no we're not dating, he's dating some one else so I kind of got over him over the summer and met someone that I could talk to easier without getting nervous.

Are you new here?

Welcome! I'm kgs or Kathryn on the main site! Welcome!! You'll love kidpub!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgs221 View Post
Hey Catty! Yes it has been like a year I totally forgot about this. I never really could get over my nervousness around him, he ended up not going, wasn't really his thing. So no we're not dating, he's dating some one else so I kind of got over him over the summer and met someone that I could talk to easier without getting nervous.

Are you new here?

Welcome! I'm kgs or Kathryn on the main site! Welcome!! You'll love kidpub!
I used to be new. Joined a while ago. I'm just new to you. I love it here, and I'd love to meet you more.

Tags
boys, crushes