Quantcast KidPub Complete Fight History - Page 239 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > KidPub Yearbook: 2008
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 02:04 PM

I know this is my own personal opinion but looking back at this thread is quite shocking. I don't want to be rude but some of the fights here have been horrible. I know the internet isn't a nice place but can we at least try and make kidpub nicer? These fights are just sickening, could we please let things go and be a bit kinder to newcomers?

At the moment Kidpubbers stick together in large packs and prey on newbies. I don't think your being mean but when your on the relieving end it's really hurtful. It doesn't give a very good impression of us which is really sad, I don't want to be part of an online community that does this.

Please, please may we just stop all this fighting? This thread reminds us of old wounds and if you find this thread and on it people have mocked you, then thats really upsetting. Please can we make Kidpub a kinder place for people?
Old 01-20-2014, 02:13 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabia View Post
I know this is my own personal opinion but looking back at this thread is quite shocking. I don't want to be rude but some of the fights here have been horrible. I know the internet isn't a nice place but can we at least try and make kidpub nicer? These fights are just sickening, could we please let things go and be a bit kinder to newcomers?

At the moment Kidpubbers stick together in large packs and prey on newbies. I don't think your being mean but when your on the relieving end it's really hurtful. It doesn't give a very good impression of us which is really sad, I don't want to be part of an online community that does this.

Please, please may we just stop all this fighting? This thread reminds us of old wounds and if you find this thread and on it people have mocked you, then thats really upsetting. Please can we make Kidpub a kinder place for people?
We don't prey on newbies, no, no we do not. That implies we consume them. What we do is much, much worse (joke).

This thread is just human nature. And it's where my friends are. I made my friendships here, when I was new, this was where I came.

I mean, my sister is coming here soon (possibly) and she will be a newbie. She will be welcomed. Everyone is, if they err on the side of caution, if they think, and if they do not overreact at trivialities.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:20 PM

My human nature is not upsetting people, Its probably just me but I don't find this thread amusing.

I just find it sad.

How can you make friendships surrounded by all these tales of unhappiness?

I don't want to be all depressing and rude, I just feel sorry for those the posts in this thread affects. I hope your sister enjoys kidpub and you replied very quick! We can be really nice e.g. https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...qsjmb4n0ShDbDw

Last edited by Fabia; 01-20-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
My human nature is not upsetting people, Its probably just me but I don't find this thread amusing.

I just find it sad.

How can you make friendships surrounded by all these tales of unhappiness?

I don't want to be all depressing and rude, I just feel sorry for those the posts in this thread affects. I hope your sister enjoys kidpub and you replied very quick! We can be really nice e.g. https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...qsjmb4n0ShDbDw
I formed my friendships in the hilarity in between, in the pocketwatches and the debates about school uniforms. We bonded.

It's because people are unique. Every one is different. And so we all perceive things differently - one person sees cruel, obnoxious people, another sees old friends who are hilariously funny and witty and intellectual.

My thing is I don't notice when people are upset. I suppose I don't think of them as people, sometimes. It's just a comment of correction, generally quite well written. I don't empathise.

Human nature is to pick fights, to bicker, to argue. I mean, we've already established I'm too awesome to bicker, but my point still stands. What is this if not an argument? Like I said, human nature.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:54 PM

Oh, and as to the speed of my replies, I type quickly.

You're a nice person. That's why you dislike what we do. It's messy. People get upset. We don't know how to sugarcoat, and quite frankly, most of us won't. People get upset.

People like you feel bad.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:58 PM

Everyones so different, but laughing behind our back, mocking are arguments and generally upsetting people just due to something small like grammar? I struggle with spelling and grammar yet I love English. I try my hardest and sometimes I make mistakes, I don't expect people to know that but nor do I expect the cruelty I got when I made that infamous "Its my birthday post!".

I would rather have liked gentle nudges that some people found this annoying rather then the cruelty I received. If people had been kinder, then I would have changed the post. But when people where being arrogant and obnoxious I was angry and thought why should I do what THEY want!?

That's the reaction you get from when you say those things. You don't have to be emphatic, you just have to know what tone to use. I used to find this thread amusing but after I was on the receiving end I find it vile.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:59 PM

Do you like Sherlock (bbc)?
Old 01-20-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Everyones so different, but laughing behind our back, mocking are arguments and generally upsetting people just due to something small like grammar? I struggle with spelling and grammar yet I love English. I try my hardest and sometimes I make mistakes, I don't expect people to know that but nor do I expect the cruelty I got when I made that infamous "Its my birthday post!".

I would rather have liked gentle nudges that some people found this annoying rather then the cruelty I received. If people had been kinder, then I would have changed the post. But when people where being arrogant and obnoxious I was angry and thought why should I do what THEY want!?

That's the reaction you get from when you say those things. You don't have to be emphatic, you just have to know what tone to use. I used to find this thread amusing but after I was on the receiving end I find it vile.
I am sorry-ish. It's just that I have legitimate OCD so grammar is an issue. They were as gentle as they know how to be. Would you suggest giving them classes in nicenessness or something?

And indeed, I love Sherlock in all his forms, I mean, I've read all the books and am endeavouring to watch every surviving film adaptation.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:15 PM

I guess Ish is fine! Niceness classes I was wondering if you liked Sherlock because I was wfondering If you would mind giving me cc on a fanfic I have done?
Old 01-20-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I guess Ish is fine! Niceness classes I was wondering if you liked Sherlock because I was wfondering If you would mind giving me cc on a fanfic I have done?
How about we do a swapsies? I'm reviving my creepy Moriarty-based story in the light of season 3. 'Twould be fun.

By the way, what made you think I liked Sherlock?

Is this because I'm obnoxious and I use sophisticated lexis (posh words) like I've swallowed a thesaurus?

Tags
*hugs the arsonist*, *sets tags on fire*, 2008, ali, be a gentleman, be a lady, cheese, chicken salad, cry me a river, epic tag, fight history, forgive and forget!!!!!!, hi          , i'llmissu rebecca, jamie. just jamie -_-, joshua!!!:d, kidpub, manners! from effie, spaz!, tag saver, ugh...somepeople, unicorns and rainbows, wholikescheese?, wow...................., youknowwhomakesmemad