Quantcast Abortion - Page 214 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 08-28-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMay View Post
Okay, I'm finally going to say something.

Although a lot of people have heavy religious beliefs that lead them to strongly disagree with abortion, we can't step into the lives of others and make their decisions for them. Yes, there are a lot of risks, but can't we just leave others to their best judgement? Most likely the patient has thought their decision through and knows everything that could go wrong, no need to rub facts and statistics in their faces.

I myself am religious, so I'm supposed to be all "pro-life" and blah. And hey, I'd probably never get an abortion, but that's just me. My decisions shoudn't define those of the rest of the world.
Thank you for pointing this out!
I understand that people need to discuss their beliefs, etc, etc. Hey, I was saying as this thread was revived that arguments were a healthy phenomena. I keep meaning to post on this thread but wooow, this gets intense, and I don't really feel comfortable stepping into a discussion this, ahem, heated.
But you make really, really great points. While I have no problem with people pointing out each others' thoughts, why start shoving things down peoples' throats. People's beliefs are their own. You shouldn't start trying to morph a person's opinions on something as serious as abortion, an issue some you these members might actually face at some point in their lives? We're all teenagers/kids. Shouldn't we be allowed to develop our beliefs independently?
Old 08-31-2013, 08:50 AM

Okay so I finally decided to post my opinion on abortion.
I pretty much only have 2 points about this. My first is, that, if you don't want an abortion don't get an abortion and if you want/need an abortion get an abortion (off topic but same thing with gay marriage. If you don't like gay marriage, don't get married to the same sex. easy as that). And my second is this: if someone were to hold a baby in one hand and a fetus in the other, which would you rather they drop? If you need an abortion because you know that you can not care for a baby, that's way better than having the baby and it having a horrible life. Think of all the teen pregnancies out there. They could have stayed teenagers and wouldn't had to grow up so fast if they would have had the option of having an abortion.
That's all I'm saying.

Azure

Indigo

Cerulean

Cobalt

Periwinkle

And suddenly the blue will not seem so dark, more like the color of the noon-bright sky."

--The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan
Old 08-31-2013, 08:53 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to MaggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckbrina159 View Post
I pretty much only have 2 points about this. My first is, that, if you don't want an abortion don't get an abortion and if you want/need an abortion get an abortion (off topic but same thing with gay marriage. If you don't like gay marriage, don't get married to the same sex. easy as that). And my second is this: if someone were to hold a baby in one hand and a fetus in the other, which would you rather they drop? If you need an abortion because you know that you can not care for a baby, that's way better than having the baby and it having a horrible life. Think of all the teen pregnancies out there. They could have stayed teenagers and wouldn't had to grow up so fast if they would have had the option of having an abortion.
That's all I'm saying.
This. All the way.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckbrina159 View Post
That's all I'm saying.
That's a hell of an answer.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:48 PM

Ok, here's MY VIEW. I believe it's the persons CHOICE, however I think Doctor's should review the claims for abortion first to see if they're legit reasons. What I don't like however is people bringing religion into it. If (lets say) a christian person created a law saying abortion was NEVER ok because God created life for a purpose, then someone who isn't religious would suffer due to their beliefs. If people don't agree with abortion because of their beliefs then that's fine, I admire them for having such powerful faith in their religion. By the way, I used to be Christian at my school and was too lazy to really believe when I was younger and when I was older I realised atheism was much more my thing.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:41 AM

The only situation in which I believe abortion is acceptable is in the case of rape, where the pregnancy/childbirth may be traumatic to the mother. Otherwise, I think it's an evil thing.

You are killing a person. I don't understand how this can be okay. It is flat-out murder of a child. A woman's choice? What about that child's choice? They are helpless, vulnerable, and you don't even give them the chance to live. Even the Declaration of Independence states that man is given unalienable rights, Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness. You are taking away that child's God-given right to live.

It's murder, period. No one has the right to take away a life except for God. You all think it's awful when someone is murdered, yet when everyday helpless children are being killed you find that perfectly acceptable. I don't understand the justification those who think it is okay have.

Woman's choice? Put the child up for adoption. It's better that they at least have a chance on this Earth. You don't have to be a mother if you aren't ready, but at least show the compassion to not participate in the murder of an innocent child.

-side note, if you aren't ready to be a mom, why don't you stop having sex? It would solve a lot of problems. Or at least use birth control. I mean, I guess its your choice if you want to have sex, and that can't be taken away from you, but please use the proper protection.

(Sorry, I don't know if this thread is still active or not. :/ )
Old 05-05-2014, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
The only situation in which I believe abortion is acceptable is in the case of rape, where the pregnancy/childbirth may be traumatic to the mother. Otherwise, I think it's an evil thing.

You are killing a person. I don't understand how this can be okay. It is flat-out murder of a child. A woman's choice? What about that child's choice? They are helpless, vulnerable, and you don't even give them the chance to live. Even the Declaration of Independence states that man is given unalienable rights, Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness. You are taking away that child's God-given right to live.

It's murder, period. No one has the right to take away a life except for God. You all think it's awful when someone is murdered, yet when everyday helpless children are being killed you find that perfectly acceptable. I don't understand the justification those who think it is okay have.

Woman's choice? Put the child up for adoption. It's better that they at least have a chance on this Earth. You don't have to be a mother if you aren't ready, but at least show the compassion to not participate in the murder of an innocent child.

-side note, if you aren't ready to be a mom, why don't you stop having sex? It would solve a lot of problems. Or at least use birth control. I mean, I guess its your choice if you want to have sex, and that can't be taken away from you, but please use the proper protection.

I don't want to start an argument *just saying that in case people misunderstand * but here's my opinion.
Technically it isn't murder if it is a fetus. There's a chance you could miscarry anyway.
Also, birth control does not always work and if a couple don't want children, why shouldn't they still have intercourse? And what if the woman (or teenage girl) in question is an atheist/agnostic? Should she be bound by religious laws, that are simply the opinion of someone else?
I do not mean to disrespect religious people when I say this, by the way.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post

the child doesn't have a choice in this, because it's not a child yet. there's a certain point past which i believe it's unsafe to get an abortion merely because the child has actually developed. but it's not murder. it's not alive. it does not feel pain. choice? it doesn't even know what that word is. and are stillborns and miscarriages then murder, too? it is difficult to give up children for adoption. and some are better off not born than born into poverty and a struggling family.
birth control is unreliable. and people enjoy having sex. when have people ever stopped doing something because of unwanted consequences? the chance is so little, especially when you're on birth control (and you don't know if these moms were on birth control or not), and it's unexpected and terrifying.
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Old 05-05-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
I don't want to start an argument *just saying that in case people misunderstand * but here's my opinion.
Technically it isn't murder if it is a fetus. There's a chance you could miscarry anyway.
Also, birth control does not always work and if a couple don't want children, why shouldn't they still have intercourse? And what if the woman (or teenage girl) in question is an atheist/agnostic? Should she be bound by religious laws, that are simply the opinion of someone else?
this this this this this ^^^^^^
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Old 05-05-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
I second this completely.
And one more thing to add - I personally know someone who most likely would've died had she not gotten an abortion. People aren't likely to get an abortion if they don't absolutely have to, because, let's face it - it's not a pleasant situation. People are going to look at you as a murderer, should they find out. You make it sound like people are getting abortions in cold blood - simply for the joy of killing a fetus, but only the most twisted and inhumane person would enjoy that, and those people aren't likely to get pregnant anyway.

((death, white lies))

Tags
*insert yo mama joke*, abortion is great, abortion is not ok, abortion is ok, abortion is terrible!, abortionismurder, abortionshouldstayillegal, debate, don't judge women, eet's alive!!!, free will is a+, go away ponies..., i hate abortion!!!!, i want my rights, it's my choice, not religion, ponies =awesome, poniiiiiies?, pro-life, prochoice, rapeisnottheirfault, seriousmisanthropynow, shouldn'tbeachoice, we'renotforcingyoutoabort, y arnt ther more tags