Quantcast Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. - Page 1931 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #19301  
Old 01-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Zelda Zelda is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: spaceship
Posts: 969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
just in general hhhhhhhhhhhhhh
That's understandable,
kinda racist, but y'know whatever, still understandable.
__________________
Little boy inside my chest
Breathe some life into my bones
I've been lost and wandering
Down and out and missing home


(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Reply With Quote
  #19302  
Old 01-18-2017, 12:07 PM
Lily09 Lily09 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: who knows??
Posts: 17,325
Default

not to be sjw but you cant actually be racist to white people? racism is a systematic kind of oppression. that means that because white people hold power generally in our society, POC cant actually be oppress white people or be racist to them. thats not how racism works.

now prejudiced?
yeah POC can have prejudices towards white people.

will they ever benefit from it the way all white people (whether you know it or not) benefit from racism?
nope.
__________________
elliot (they/them or he/him)
Reply With Quote
  #19303  
Old 01-18-2017, 12:08 PM
Lily09 Lily09 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: who knows??
Posts: 17,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
not to be sjw but you cant actually be racist to white people? racism is a systematic kind of oppression. that means that because white people hold power generally in our society, POC cant actually be oppress white people or be racist to them. thats not how racism works.

now prejudiced?
yeah POC can have prejudices towards white people.

will they ever benefit from it the way all white people (whether you know it or not) benefit from racism?
nope.
also im not gonna bite your head off of this so shoot me an email if im not making sense because i just woke up.
__________________
elliot (they/them or he/him)
Reply With Quote
  #19304  
Old 01-18-2017, 02:29 PM
strawberry strawberry is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: hmm i wonder.
Posts: 2,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
not to be sjw but you cant actually be racist to white people? racism is a systematic kind of oppression. that means that because white people hold power generally in our society, POC cant actually be oppress white people or be racist to them. thats not how racism works.

now prejudiced?
yeah POC can have prejudices towards white people.

will they ever benefit from it the way all white people (whether you know it or not) benefit from racism?
nope.
^^^ agreed
Reply With Quote
  #19305  
Old 01-18-2017, 03:56 PM
Zelda Zelda is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: spaceship
Posts: 969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
not to be sjw but you cant actually be racist to white people? racism is a systematic kind of oppression. that means that because white people hold power generally in our society, POC cant actually be oppress white people or be racist to them. thats not how racism works.

now prejudiced?
yeah POC can have prejudices towards white people.

will they ever benefit from it the way all white people (whether you know it or not) benefit from racism?
nope.
no, that makes sense, prejudice would have been a better word to use, my bad.

I disagree with that last part though, because the world works in patterns and the pattern of the oppressed becoming the oppressors has been repeating itself for a very long time. Eventually POC are going to rise to the top of the global power chain and when that happens, there /will/ be racism against white people, and POC /will/ benefit from it in whatever ways white people might be benefiting from racism now.

but for now~
__________________
Little boy inside my chest
Breathe some life into my bones
I've been lost and wandering
Down and out and missing home


(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Reply With Quote
  #19306  
Old 01-18-2017, 04:40 PM
Lily09 Lily09 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: who knows??
Posts: 17,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
no, that makes sense, prejudice would have been a better word to use, my bad.

I disagree with that last part though, because the world works in patterns and the pattern of the oppressed becoming the oppressors has been repeating itself for a very long time. Eventually POC are going to rise to the top of the global power chain and when that happens, there /will/ be racism against white people, and POC /will/ benefit from it in whatever ways white people might be benefiting from racism now.

but for now~
thats a possibility, yes. but that will take a very long time. sorry for the wording, i shouldnt have said they never will. they just wont benefit in our current society.
__________________
elliot (they/them or he/him)

Last edited by Lily09; 01-18-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19307  
Old 01-18-2017, 06:19 PM
meerkat meerkat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: the void
Posts: 6,198
Default

welp guess im a reverse racist
Reply With Quote
  #19308  
Old 01-18-2017, 08:22 PM
Lily09 Lily09 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: who knows??
Posts: 17,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
welp guess im a reverse racist
lmao dont worry im heterophobic and cisphobic i gotchu
__________________
elliot (they/them or he/him)
Reply With Quote
  #19309  
Old 01-18-2017, 08:44 PM
meerkat meerkat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: the void
Posts: 6,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
lmao dont worry im heterophobic and cisphobic i gotchu
i'm a proud heterophobe too
Reply With Quote
  #19310  
Old 01-18-2017, 09:23 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: the feds will never find me
Posts: 11,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
lmao dont worry im heterophobic and cisphobic i gotchu
the crunchyroll anime awards made me heterophobic because The Straights started bitching about yuri on ice for dumb Straight reasons
__________________
trails of f i r e
you always knew
they would carry me home
they'd lead me to y o u
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
♥lifepleaseguys:'), afraid to keep on living, bettertoburnoutthanfade, black n hopeless feeling, do what?, do you ever wonder?, face the north, i give up; okay?, i love u its gon b ok, i'm already dead inside, i'm so sorry, i'm there for you :), ignored as usual, ihopethebunnycheersuup:), just pray :), kayla was here, o_o this is insane, smexy elmo, someone's bitter, tags y u so weird?, takesometimetofeelbetter, theblackisclosingin, they're following me...:(, we got this!, you are not alone

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.