Quantcast Anyone doing NaNo this year? - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > KidPubNaNoWriMo
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2017, 01:23 PM

Default Anyone doing NaNo this year?

I'd like to (I'd be doing the KidPub story for it) but don't quite know how to go about it. My past attempts were frankly miserable xD
I'd be happy with 20,000 words out of 50,000 tho

So, anyone else for NaNo?
Old 10-12-2017, 06:00 PM

Yes! I'm super pumped for it!!

I'm gonna do a fantasy prison book, I already have characters and a plot with arcs, and I know how many chapters it's going to be. This is the most prepared for nano that I've ever been.

Light On, David Cook
Old 10-12-2017, 10:30 PM

I'm trying NaNo out for the first time, I'm pretty excited
Old 10-13-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Yes! I'm super pumped for it!!

I'm gonna do a fantasy prison book, I already have characters and a plot with arcs, and I know how many chapters it's going to be. This is the most prepared for nano that I've ever been.
Omg that sounds really interesting.
And Nora, cool!!

I haven't done any planning yet lmao but maybe we can all work towards our nano goals together!
Old 10-13-2017, 02:29 PM

Ooh! If you guys tell me about your nano novels I can make book covers for you from my cover workshop
Old 10-14-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Ooh! If you guys tell me about your nano novels I can make book covers for you from my cover workshop
I made a cover for mine already but I would love another
Also I wanna yammer abt my nano novel tut

Ok so it's a future-set fantasy novel where people with inhuman powers (kinetics, pathons, Powered's, fae, enhanceds, ect.) are super feared and hated so they get killed off (in worse parts of the world) and stuck in prison on the lowest levels of crime possible with basically no chance of ever getting out. Everything is rigged and unfair for them. The three main characters of the book are all imprisoned in the same prison. One is a precious sweet damaged kid who's been imprisoned for so long (and was imprisoned at such a young age) that he believes he really is a monster and is afraid of his powers. One is an introverted, super smart guy who's nonconfrontational to a literal fault. And one is a loud, flirty person, who's alcoholic and does a lot of questionable things, but they just want to see their sister again and they can't because their sister is literally locked in Irkalla for being a girl.
They (plural) get into a lot of trouble, and they get hurt a lot, and it's great
So yeah,
P.s. I love my babies
Edit; p.p.s. It's called Antiblue / subtitle = adsum

Light On, David Cook
Old 10-15-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:

Ok so it's a future-set fantasy novel where people with inhuman powers (kinetics, pathons, Powered's, fae, enhanceds, ect.) are super feared and hated so they get killed off (in worse parts of the world) and stuck in prison on the lowest levels of crime possible with basically no chance of ever getting out. Everything is rigged and unfair for them. The three main characters of the book are all imprisoned in the same prison. One is a precious sweet damaged kid who's been imprisoned for so long (and was imprisoned at such a young age) that he believes he really is a monster and is afraid of his powers. One is an introverted, super smart guy who's nonconfrontational to a literal fault. And one is a loud, flirty person, who's alcoholic and does a lot of questionable things, but they just want to see their sister again and they can't because their sister is literally locked in Irkalla for being a girl.
They (plural) get into a lot of trouble, and they get hurt a lot, and it's great
So yeah,
P.s. I love my babies
This sounds super amazing dude great concept great characters!!
Lol if I wanna do nano I should really get back to eotw (the kp story) but im lacking motivation atm... Fuckk
probably if I read more apocalyptic fanfic I'll get back in the mood

The only thing I actually am motivated about is a fanfiction original character novel which is the first in a series and pretty lit. Hopefully I can make ppl cry from reading it. Plot gets pretty heavy. The OC is a chill but lowkey workaholic big sister type whose dark past comes back to haunt her. =D also she dies at the end lmao but like its temporary.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:

So yeah,
P.s. I love my babies
Also head over to my cover shop 2 specify what u want on cover~
also I want to see the cover u made too :3
Old 11-26-2017, 06:21 PM

Just checking to see what you guys' progress on your stories is. I hit 43000 words today and I'm super proud of myself. I never thought I would be able to do this, and a few years ago I definitely wouldn't have been able. Something that really helped was that my school started a club specifically for NaNoWriMo and the people in it were always super encouraging. So if you get the opportunity to start something like that at your schools next year I would very highly recommend it!
Old 12-09-2017, 11:47 PM

I didn't end up doing Antiblue instead I did a dysfic about a cynernetic chick and a boy with a prosthetic foot and I got about 3.1 chapters in before losing all feel for the female lead and shit happened between my best friend and her boy friend so I stopped dead and never picked back up.

Whoops.

Light On, David Cook

Tags
failure :/