Quantcast Relationship Advice ;) - Page 5 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read_Write View Post
Okay, so this is from my friend. Let's just call her... Addison. (She'd hate that so much XD)
And she's bi... I know, I know. She likes this girl... I'll call her Lindsay.

So, she likes "Lindsay". Lindsay is bi, too... but she likes one of my other friends. "Addison" also like my other friend, but not very much, just mostly Addison.

One time, on the bus, Addison kissed Lindsay on the cheek, and Lindsay sort-of smiled. See, Addison is madly in love with Lindsay... but Lindsay doesn't really like Addison. And Lindsay is touchy about it; she'll get really mad at Addison if Addison brings it up.

And Addison doesn't know what to do, and I don't know what to tell her.

Can you help "Addison"? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
I don't know if this reply is too late or whatever, but who cares. xD

How old are you guys? Not that it matters much and I'm sure everyone's heard the whole "Just a phase" speech before and blah blah blah but sexuality is a weird thing to figure out, believe me. I have some bi friends, some gay friends, some asexual friends. Personally, I'm straight, as far as I know. There was this one time I thought I was bi but that was probably just hormones and all that crap and that's a whole different story. xD On the other hand, sometimes I wonder if I'm demisexual and other days I'm just...

Anyway. All this to say that I'm not some random or judgemental Internet troll or whatever. Firstly, kudos to your friends for being openly bi. It takes a lot of guts to come out, as far as I know from my friends. So yeah.

Secondly, for you, as the friend, DO NOT intervene. Things will work themselves out, as in any relationship. Don't feel so bad for Addison that you're thinking to yourself, "OHGAWD IF I DONT HELP MAYBE SHE WONT EVER MEET ANYONE ELSE WHOS BI AND SHE'LL LOSE THE LOVE OF HER LIFE". Because that's not how it works. Plenty of fish in the sea, though it may not seem like it. Especially for girls who are interested in other girls :P If you think about it, the fact that bisexual people are attracted to both guys and girls, the number of fish in the sea doubles xD And don't try to hook her up with other girls to try to cheer her up or whatever. It's sort of insensitive, not to mention awkward. The best you can do as a friend is offer support from the sidelines. Things will happen as they happen. Not much anyone can do.

If Lindsay didn't like Addison, why did she let her kiss her on the cheek? O__o I don't know; I just think it would be weird to let someone I don't really like come on to me like that xD Like seriously, get out of here. If Addison truly cared about Lindsay, she might've discussed a potential relationship before that. Not to belittle her emotions or say that flirting is bad, but a kiss is a kiss is a kiss and unless the receiver is obviously receptive...best not to kiss them xD She should probably think before she acts, especially if she isn't sure about Linday's feelings at the time. And don't blame it on hormones or passion or whatever because mistakes happen when people act out physically because they're "in love". Pregnancy, for example. Obviously, not going to happen in the whole Addison-Lindsay case, but it's an example.

My best advice is not for Addison to drop Lindsay completely, but just to back off a little bit to give her some space. She isn't going to suddenly love Addison just because Addison kept pushing at her; she'll figure things out in her own time. But Addison should keep her eyes out for other people and not let her loyalty to Lindsay blind her and keep her from some potential relationships--both platonic and romantic D

So yeah xD Sorry; I'm not very helpful, am I?
"Oh! Somebody ought to take society by the four corners of the sheet and toss it all into the air! Everything would be broken, most likely, but at least nobody would have anything, there'd be that much gained!" - Les MisÚrables
Old 12-27-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post
Yes! I've missed KidPub very much, and I am here to stay!
YUS!! SCORE!! *glomps*
Old 12-27-2012, 12:33 AM

Location: Tulsa with the gang, hanging out at the Admiral and rumbling with the south side socs.

Hahaha (:
Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Stupid Winter break I can text him but I can't see him......
But he didn't text me back yesterday. Little things like this bother me o3o WHAT'D I DO!??! was it something I said? D':

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 12-27-2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWriter View Post
I don't know if this reply is too late or whatever, but who cares. xD

How old are you guys? Not that it matters much and I'm sure everyone's heard the whole "Just a phase" speech before and blah blah blah but sexuality is a weird thing to figure out, believe me. I have some bi friends, some gay friends, some asexual friends. Personally, I'm straight, as far as I know. There was this one time I thought I was bi but that was probably just hormones and all that crap and that's a whole different story. xD On the other hand, sometimes I wonder if I'm demisexual and other days I'm just...

Anyway. All this to say that I'm not some random or judgemental Internet troll or whatever. Firstly, kudos to your friends for being openly bi. It takes a lot of guts to come out, as far as I know from my friends. So yeah.

Secondly, for you, as the friend, DO NOT intervene. Things will work themselves out, as in any relationship. Don't feel so bad for Addison that you're thinking to yourself, "OHGAWD IF I DONT HELP MAYBE SHE WONT EVER MEET ANYONE ELSE WHOS BI AND SHE'LL LOSE THE LOVE OF HER LIFE". Because that's not how it works. Plenty of fish in the sea, though it may not seem like it. Especially for girls who are interested in other girls :P If you think about it, the fact that bisexual people are attracted to both guys and girls, the number of fish in the sea doubles xD And don't try to hook her up with other girls to try to cheer her up or whatever. It's sort of insensitive, not to mention awkward. The best you can do as a friend is offer support from the sidelines. Things will happen as they happen. Not much anyone can do.

If Lindsay didn't like Addison, why did she let her kiss her on the cheek? O__o I don't know; I just think it would be weird to let someone I don't really like come on to me like that xD Like seriously, get out of here. If Addison truly cared about Lindsay, she might've discussed a potential relationship before that. Not to belittle her emotions or say that flirting is bad, but a kiss is a kiss is a kiss and unless the receiver is obviously receptive...best not to kiss them xD She should probably think before she acts, especially if she isn't sure about Linday's feelings at the time. And don't blame it on hormones or passion or whatever because mistakes happen when people act out physically because they're "in love". Pregnancy, for example. Obviously, not going to happen in the whole Addison-Lindsay case, but it's an example.

My best advice is not for Addison to drop Lindsay completely, but just to back off a little bit to give her some space. She isn't going to suddenly love Addison just because Addison kept pushing at her; she'll figure things out in her own time. But Addison should keep her eyes out for other people and not let her loyalty to Lindsay blind her and keep her from some potential relationships--both platonic and romantic D

So yeah xD Sorry; I'm not very helpful, am I?
You're not too late. Thanks for the help!!
I know, I shouldn't get in the middle... but I'm the only one she talks to and I have to... never mind. Oh well. Thanks again!
I'll let "Addison" know what you said...

Last edited by Read_Write; 12-27-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluzzle View Post
So... 1: I just brought this thread up again and 2: I have a problem. A boy on the Internet (his name is Max, he's 14 and he tells me he loves me :3)kind of problem. So, he says he loves me and stuff and he's in Canberra right now, he took a picture of the couch and texted me it saying "I need you here for cuddlessss and movies :c". Every night, he says goodnight and "I love you baby<3" to me. I love him more than anything, he makes me feel awesome and so important :3 So, I have a question...

Is he my best friend, or my boyfriend? I honestly don't know...help.
Well...........
First of all, (I'm not trying to be mean or anything!) are you 100% sure he is a kid and 14? 'Cuz, well, it's on the internet. Have you met him in person?

BUT IF HE IS REAL- then you should say something like, 'Oh, there was this funny thing that happened today at school! Some random dude came up to me and asked me out, and so I was all like, "DUUUUDE I already have a boyfriend!"' And then see his reaction. Kind of like a test, ya know? I hope I helped!
Oh, and... if you haven't met him, I have one more thing to say... so please reply!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:37 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Quote:
So... 1: I just brought this thread up again and 2: I have a problem. A boy on the Internet (his name is Max, he's 14 and he tells me he loves me :3)kind of problem. So, he says he loves me and stuff and he's in Canberra right now, he took a picture of the couch and texted me it saying "I need you here for cuddlessss and movies :c". Every night, he says goodnight and "I love you baby<3" to me. I love him more than anything, he makes me feel awesome and so important :3 So, I have a question...

Is he my best friend, or my boyfriend? I honestly don't know...help.
Sounds like boyfriend to me o3o Read_Write has an awesome idea XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read_Write View Post

Well...........
First of all, (I'm not trying to be mean or anything!) are you 100% sure he is a kid and 14? 'Cuz, well, it's on the internet. Have you met him in person?

BUT IF HE IS REAL- then you should say something like, 'Oh, there was this funny thing that happened today at school! Some random dude came up to me and asked me out, and so I was all like, "DUUUUDE I already have a boyfriend!"' And then see his reaction. Kind of like a test, ya know? I hope I helped!
Oh, and... if you haven't met him, I have one more thing to say... so please reply!
To make sure, you should skype him ^o^ That's what I did with my friend. He lives all the way across the US but my friend and I are gonna meet him in around two years when we take a choir trip to his state =)

Awesome idea

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 12-31-2012, 10:50 AM

Well, you have met him, but if you hadn't, I would've told you to Skype him or something, like Calla said.
I dunno why I didn't just put it in the first post... O_O
Old 01-01-2013, 01:43 AM

Quote:
I know he's real - i saw him on the surf report and I Skype him regularly thanks for the concern though, I do know how dangerous it can be :c I am gonna meet him when he comes up for a holiday to where I live

I know I'm only 11 but somehow I sort of wish he was my boyfriend.. He is so sweet and kind to me, and I really feel like I do love him, but truth be told that scares me ;c
Sorry, but does he know that you're eleven? Because that's really young to have a boyfriend IN REAL LIFE, even if he's YOUR age, and telling a teenager, who you've never met before, that you love him (btw, judging from the "baby" and the <3's, he's boyfriend) is... a little ridiculous. I'm sorry if that sounded mean or if I read that wrong...please say I'm reading it wrong?

-Douglas Adams
Old 01-01-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
he isn't my boyfriend
He isn't? Did you ask him?

Tags
are you my mummy?, idon'tloveyou(ipromise), r u my boyfriend?, taaaaaaaaaaaaaaag