Quantcast Friends vs. You Venting station. - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2011, 10:08 PM

I should leave KP... I'm way to addicted... but I have my friends here! Ah!

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 09-15-2011, 09:00 PM

Default Ugh.

Awesome idea... Well, here's one of my vents. More of sob stories. Oh well.
Anyways, i have a friend that I like named Dan... He lives next door to me. He used to play football, plays lax, does crosscountry, and is adorable and amazing and sweet. Anyways, he wants to meet me cuz he "wants to talk to me about something". Anyways. He's just so confusing... And I'm really afraid to be hurt. What should I do?? More of advice than venting, but... :/
Old 09-15-2011, 11:55 PM

I had a friend last year, let's call him G (that's not his initial, btw). We had all of our classes together (except for one), so we, naturally, got to know each other pretty well. We would talk and hang out a lot. Now, we have one class together, and we barely ever talk. Even when we do talk, his end of the conversation is usually limited to "Yeah" "No" "Cool" and not much more. Last year, he seemed so full of life and energy, and now he's just not. Even though we're both glad we barely have any classes together, but I kind of miss him.
And NO, I do NOT like him in any way other than a friend.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:21 AM

Default @EmmaR

Awwww, that sucks. I'd try to talk to him about it. Just something sweet and concerned and caring, like, "Hey, G, are you doing okay? It's just, you seem a little different then last year to me. Are you alright? I'm not trying to pressure you or anything, but I just care about your happiness." or something like that, maybe
Also, i know you don't want to think about it like this, but is there a chance he could've started liking you or something?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:27 PM

OMG, this thread is a lifesaver. I was just thinking I needed something like this...

How do I put this? I'm really starting to get distant from my friends. I don't know if it's because I met so many people here on KP that are like me and I'm noticing that my friends and I don't have much in common, or if we're just drifting apart. But I really don't feel like being around them anymore, and it kinda scares me. I'd rather be writing or reading or on KP than with them, and I don't feel bad about it. Which is probably the worst part...

And: anyone got any advice about this? Today my friend signed me up for leadership/student council without asking me first. Not only that, ALL my other friends are in it too, and I really don't want anything to do with it or "getting more involved in school." (Her words when I told her I didn't want to do it. I felt like saying "Um, hello? I hate school. Where have you been?") So I either have to spend lunch by myself on Mondays or join leadership and be unhappy/spend more time at school when just getting through a day makes me feel like screaming. Anyone have any ideas about what I can say to her?

Anyone can get you through the door, but it's up to you whether or not you stay in the room. - I have no idea where this is from or if that's the right wording. If you know, tell me!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenni View Post
OMG, this thread is a lifesaver. I was just thinking I needed something like this...

How do I put this? I'm really starting to get distant from my friends. I don't know if it's because I met so many people here on KP that are like me and I'm noticing that my friends and I don't have much in common, or if we're just drifting apart. But I really don't feel like being around them anymore, and it kinda scares me. I'd rather be writing or reading or on KP than with them, and I don't feel bad about it. Which is probably the worst part...

And: anyone got any advice about this? Today my friend signed me up for leadership/student council without asking me first. Not only that, ALL my other friends are in it too, and I really don't want anything to do with it or "getting more involved in school." (Her words when I told her I didn't want to do it. I felt like saying "Um, hello? I hate school. Where have you been?") So I either have to spend lunch by myself on Mondays or join leadership and be unhappy/spend more time at school when just getting through a day makes me feel like screaming. Anyone have any ideas about what I can say to her?
First, your sig made my day.
NExt, I have no clue! I have problems like that too.. M and K are awesome, but theyre not for Gay Rights and there some religious problems... I don't know how to get grounded.
The only I can say is meet new people. Maybe youre lucky as is. I know I am.

Sorrry I'm of no help to you. D:

i post what my nipples want (leaving this here to show just how long it's been since I got on, holy crap.)
Old 09-26-2011, 03:36 PM

So, I'm going to my friend's full-time school for a day. One day, to try out. And... I know that if I wear jeans and a tee shirt I'll be uncomfortable and awkward-feeling and anything like that. But if I wear a dorky that-was-so-several-centuries-ago shirt and a dorky knee-length jean skirt with leggings, I'll be considered a weirdo. I want to be myself and wear what I wear, and I'm not afraid of being considered a weirdo, as I already am, but I really don't want to embaress my friend and I want to make a good impression.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run