Quantcast ~Blurb~ | Random little writing pieces - Page 29 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2014, 08:06 AM

I am trying to write this new story so here is what I have so far what do you think

It was not easy being best friends with a sarcastic person, Anna continuously told herself. Especially a loud sarcastic person. Especially a loudmouth, loud sarcastic person. Especially at Christmas. Anna understood this with every shred of her being. But she still had to bite her tongue and clench her fists to keep from lashing out at Christmas.

“I mean, come on,” Adrian was saying as she held up a dark green sweater. The red sweater had a polar bear wearing a Santa hat, hugging a penguin wearing reindeer antlers, on it. The said animals were standing on a mound of snow, which went all the way around the bottom of the sweater. “Penguins and polar bears are, like, at two different poles. Environments crossing, people!” Her voice rose on the last sentence. Anna cringed and ducked her head, hoping that no one would notice. In the back of her head, though, she knew that everyone was staring at them.

“I mean, who would actually buy this?” Adrian continued. Her dark eyebrows furrowed in disapproval, and she frowned.

“Uh, actually, I was considering buying it for Jules,” Anna said sheepishly. “You know, as a joke.”

Adrian looked astonished. And then she shook her head. “No. Absolutely not. I will not allow you to buy such a dork-tastic sweater for you adoptive sister, Bananas. Just no.”

(FYI, reason Adrian called Anna Bananas. More on that later.)

“It’s a joke,” Anna said weakly. “Ya know, cause Jules is so dramatic…”

Adrian shook her head. “Being dramatical, as is Jules, is not a good reason for giving her an ugly sweater for Christmas. No. You must find something special and good that will represent your sisterhood although not related by the blood in your veins or the DNA that defines us.”

Anna laughed. “Jules isn’t the only dramatic one,” she said. “Maybe I should get you the sweater.”

Adrian looked horrified. “Heavens, no!” she said. “Besides, we’re all dramatic. It’s, like, our thang.” She said the word thang with a mock country accent. \

Anna laughed.

The we mentioned was the group of six friends that included Adrian, Anna, and Anna’s adoptive sister, Jules, who’s full name was Juliet Morrows (her birth surname) Ackerman (same as Anna). The other three said friends were Lucy “Holmes” Warren, Graham (occasionally called Crackers, although he hated the nickname) Armstrong, and Maximillian “Max” (occasionally called “Million” or “Max-a-million” because of his full name, his family’s wealth, and the fact that he thought he was “a million times better” than everyone else) Dalen. (Yes, they all have nicknames. As stated, more on that later. By the way, Adrian’s nickname was A, but Anna usually thought of her as Adrian because that’s how she knew her.)

“Seriously, though, I need to figure out gifts, because all I’ve bought so far are bath salts for Grandmom,” Anna said. Grandom was her grandmother who raised her. “I still need stuff for you, Jules, the rest of my friends, and Michael.” Michael was her little brother.

“Give ‘em candy,” Adrian said. “That’s what I say. Leave the good stuff for birthdays.”

“But Christmas is such a special time,” Anna argued. “I need to give them something that will represent our friendship or sibling-ship.”
Old 12-20-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceterry View Post
I am trying to write this new story so here is what I have so far what do you think

It was not easy being best friends with a sarcastic person, Anna continuously told herself. Especially a loud sarcastic person. Especially a loudmouth, loud sarcastic person. Especially at Christmas. Anna understood this with every shred of her being. But she still had to bite her tongue and clench her fists to keep from lashing out at Christmas.

“I mean, come on,” Adrian was saying as she held up a dark green sweater. The red sweater had a polar bear wearing a Santa hat, hugging a penguin wearing reindeer antlers, on it. The said animals were standing on a mound of snow, which went all the way around the bottom of the sweater. “Penguins and polar bears are, like, at two different poles. Environments crossing, people!” Her voice rose on the last sentence. Anna cringed and ducked her head, hoping that no one would notice. In the back of her head, though, she knew that everyone was staring at them.

“I mean, who would actually buy this?” Adrian continued. Her dark eyebrows furrowed in disapproval, and she frowned.

“Uh, actually, I was considering buying it for Jules,” Anna said sheepishly. “You know, as a joke.”

Adrian looked astonished. And then she shook her head. “No. Absolutely not. I will not allow you to buy such a dork-tastic sweater for you adoptive sister, Bananas. Just no.”

(FYI, reason Adrian called Anna Bananas. More on that later.)

“It’s a joke,” Anna said weakly. “Ya know, cause Jules is so dramatic…”

Adrian shook her head. “Being dramatical, as is Jules, is not a good reason for giving her an ugly sweater for Christmas. No. You must find something special and good that will represent your sisterhood although not related by the blood in your veins or the DNA that defines us.”

Anna laughed. “Jules isn’t the only dramatic one,” she said. “Maybe I should get you the sweater.”

Adrian looked horrified. “Heavens, no!” she said. “Besides, we’re all dramatic. It’s, like, our thang.” She said the word thang with a mock country accent. \

Anna laughed.

The we mentioned was the group of six friends that included Adrian, Anna, and Anna’s adoptive sister, Jules, who’s full name was Juliet Morrows (her birth surname) Ackerman (same as Anna). The other three said friends were Lucy “Holmes” Warren, Graham (occasionally called Crackers, although he hated the nickname) Armstrong, and Maximillian “Max” (occasionally called “Million” or “Max-a-million” because of his full name, his family’s wealth, and the fact that he thought he was “a million times better” than everyone else) Dalen. (Yes, they all have nicknames. As stated, more on that later. By the way, Adrian’s nickname was A, but Anna usually thought of her as Adrian because that’s how she knew her.)

“Seriously, though, I need to figure out gifts, because all I’ve bought so far are bath salts for Grandmom,” Anna said. Grandom was her grandmother who raised her. “I still need stuff for you, Jules, the rest of my friends, and Michael.” Michael was her little brother.

“Give ‘em candy,” Adrian said. “That’s what I say. Leave the good stuff for birthdays.”

“But Christmas is such a special time,” Anna argued. “I need to give them something that will represent our friendship or sibling-ship.”
Here's, like, the synopsis for this.
Ever since Anna Ackerman's parents passed in a car accident that happened while they were visiting family in North Carolina, and her grandmom adopted herself, her brother, and her friend Jules after an incident with her parents, life has been surprisingly peaceful. Anna and Jules have spent time with their group of friends, fooling around and enjoying life. And Anna has always believed the story Grandmom told her when she woke up in the hospital seven years ago-that her parents got in their accident on their way to WalMart, and she hit her head on the sidewalk while running after their car, and now has amnesia of the event.
But one Christmas, Anna's grandmother takes Anna, Jules, and their friends, as well as Anna's younger brother, Michael, and the younger sister of Anna's friend Graham, to visit the family they were visiting when the accident happened. The trip is a revelation for Anna and her friends, as they learn things about each other that they've never known before on the road stretching ahead. But as they near the site of Anna's parents' death, her brother Michael goes silent.
As they try and coax him into telling them what is wrong, Anna begins to experience strange dreams. Her grandmother doesn't seem surprised by Michael's silence, and she continuously asks Anna strange questions. It becomes clear that Michael not talking has to do with the accident. And there is something Anna doesn't remember, something about the accident, something her grandmom wants her to remember. But if that is true, it contradicts everything she has ever known...
Old 12-22-2014, 03:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

so rereading chapter fifteen and thought I'd just share some luammery dorkishness

((all from emmy-ember's pov))

(right after looners got the cloak on)

Luana stilled again for a second– then, movements sharp and Cloak billowing, she spun around and faced me with wide, doe eyes.

All my breath left me in a rush. Suddenly, I was acutely aware of her stare on me– and, even more startlingly, what she was looking at. What I looked like.

Oh, God, when was the last time I brushed my hair? Do I even own a brush? Heat rushed to my face, but my fingers were cold. And shave? When did I last shave? The morning before I left, right? Right…? My hand jerked up to my face, but froze halfway, eyes locking onto Luana’s. Did she see that? Why’s she staring? Shit, am I talking out loud again?

She didn’t speak, so I guessed that the answer was no, but it did little to ease my discomfort. But why am I nervous? I’m never nervous like this! Was it because of Luana? But she’s just a human!

And quite an attractive one, part of me chided, but before any other thoughts could occur to me that would make me sink even deeper into embarrassment, Luana waved a gloved hand.

“Hi,” she said, pleasantly. Her eyes were sharp and only half matched her tone. “I got the Cloak, in case you were wondering.”

I tried to swallow. “I noticed.” Did my voice always sound like that?

(after luana being an ass and then apologizing)

“Let’s just get out of here.” Luana looked up and I attempted a shaky smile. “You’ve got the Cloak now, so you’ll be able to go get Desmond soon.” If the human is Desmond.

Luana’s eyes brightened. “We’ve got the Cloak,” she corrected. “And we’ll be able to go get Desmond soon.” She grinned. “Right?”

I warmed a little and couldn’t help but grin back. “Right.”

Her eyes glittered, but she looked away quickly, investigating the note in my hand. Disappointment trickled through my veins and I shoved it away.

(while just talking after she got the cloak on)

She grinned and nodded, tugging the Cloak’s collar higher. I didn’t spot any zippers or buttons on it, but something told me not to ask her about how she’d get it off, or what had happened to her other clothes.

<333

ahh I'm sorry I ship them too much
Old 12-23-2014, 07:37 AM

grace: that sounds awesome 8D
I'd like to read it when I'm not *growls* so busy

Nikki: yasssssss sorry they're so adorable and like YES YES CAN WE HAVE A LUAMMERY WEDDING RIGHT HERE
Old 12-23-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChen2009 View Post

Nikki: yasssssss sorry they're so adorable and like YES YES CAN WE HAVE A LUAMMERY WEDDING RIGHT HERE
Thanks. It's posted, here's the link: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-c...r-one-24071526
Old 12-23-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
so rereading chapter fifteen and thought I'd just share some luammery dorkishness

((all from emmy-ember's pov))

(right after looners got the cloak on)

Luana stilled again for a second– then, movements sharp and Cloak billowing, she spun around and faced me with wide, doe eyes.

All my breath left me in a rush. Suddenly, I was acutely aware of her stare on me– and, even more startlingly, what she was looking at. What I looked like.

Oh, God, when was the last time I brushed my hair? Do I even own a brush? Heat rushed to my face, but my fingers were cold. And shave? When did I last shave? The morning before I left, right? Right…? My hand jerked up to my face, but froze halfway, eyes locking onto Luana’s. Did she see that? Why’s she staring? Shit, am I talking out loud again?

She didn’t speak, so I guessed that the answer was no, but it did little to ease my discomfort. But why am I nervous? I’m never nervous like this! Was it because of Luana? But she’s just a human!

And quite an attractive one, part of me chided, but before any other thoughts could occur to me that would make me sink even deeper into embarrassment, Luana waved a gloved hand.

“Hi,” she said, pleasantly. Her eyes were sharp and only half matched her tone. “I got the Cloak, in case you were wondering.”

I tried to swallow. “I noticed.” Did my voice always sound like that?

(after luana being an ass and then apologizing)

“Let’s just get out of here.” Luana looked up and I attempted a shaky smile. “You’ve got the Cloak now, so you’ll be able to go get Desmond soon.” If the human is Desmond.

Luana’s eyes brightened. “We’ve got the Cloak,” she corrected. “And we’ll be able to go get Desmond soon.” She grinned. “Right?”

I warmed a little and couldn’t help but grin back. “Right.”

Her eyes glittered, but she looked away quickly, investigating the note in my hand. Disappointment trickled through my veins and I shoved it away.

(while just talking after she got the cloak on)

She grinned and nodded, tugging the Cloak’s collar higher. I didn’t spot any zippers or buttons on it, but something told me not to ask her about how she’d get it off, or what had happened to her other clothes.

<333

ahh I'm sorry I ship them too much
Uh huh really awesometastic and sweet.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChen2009 View Post

oH CAN WE REPLACE THE NILENT WEDDING WITH A LUAMMERY ONE PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceterry View Post
Uh huh really awesometastic and sweet.
thankies c: aha I have the biggest crush on emmery right now xp
Old 12-24-2014, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
oH CAN WE REPLACE THE NILENT WEDDING WITH A LUAMMERY ONE PLEASE

thankies c: aha I have the biggest crush on emmery right now xp
how about A DOUBLE WEDDING
I SHIP U
so much
so many muchs
Old 01-01-2015, 08:05 PM

"Playing hard to get?" His demeanor changed as quick as lightning, and I saw him for who he truly was. "Well, two can play at that game, darling."

It scared me how quickly he changed from an innocent boy to this monster standing before me in the matter of seconds. I tried not to let my fear show. "Humph." I turned on my toes in a little spin, kicking up a little cloud of dust, and realized that Hulan had left and that everyone was talking like usual.

"The name's Marc, if you would not mind to tell me, why are you so mad with me?" His voice was as smooth as a container of caramel or butter being poured and as flawless as a silk hankie.

I growled. "Bah. Get away from me this instant."

His reply chilled me to the bone in a thrillig kind of way. "No."

~~~

Idk I think im writing weirdly now omg what is my mind doing
Idk I want a love triangle but I don't know the ideal personality for the other guy

srsly I suck at these scenes but hey theres a first for everyone huh

Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?"

Old 01-04-2015, 04:32 PM

So one of my goals for 2015 is to start and finish a reasonably sized novel (80k-100k) (and my current book is almost 250k so it should be doable). I have two main story ideas that have been floating around in my head for a couple of months, but I'm not sure which one to focus on first. I'd like to see which one people are more interested in, so I'll post below. c:

Option One: The Timekeeper

Blurb: Raven Crest is a Timekeeper– posing as a commonplace clockmaker in steampunk England, he keeps all of time in synchronization with the Master Clock, ensuring that no rifts split the fabric of the world. He lives a quiet life dedicated to his task– and to the love of his life and fiancé, Irene.

But Raven's tranquility is shattered when the dreaded witch-hunts seize the London streets again. An old grudge from an old enemy finds the Chancellery determined to frame him for witchcraft– illegal use of Clockwork machinery– and reveal the secrets that he's been fighting to keep hidden. Tensions between him and Irene rise as the hunts continue, and the things he’d concealed from even her to keep her safe are backfiring.

To clear his name– and the names of all the other falsely accused citizens– he has to find proof of the Chancellery's corruption and reveal it to the world. But Raven's past is catching up with him, and to find the truth, he has to risk himself, all of time, and Irene– and ask himself how far he's willing to go to protect her.

Genre: Romance, steampunk

POV: Third close (mainly in Raven's perspective, but also from Irene, Thomas (antivillain), and Victor's (antagonist) perspectives).

Main Characters: Raven Crest (28, Timekeeper), Irene Winters (27, Raven's fiancé), Thomas Moore (27, witch hunter), Victor Boreale (29, witch hunter), Griffin Fischer (28, nobleman and Raven's best friend).

Setting/Time Period: London, England; 1868. It's alternate history, so witch-hunts are still a large part of society. However, witches aren't your normal magic-wielding sorcerers– they're simply Clockers, or people who create and command clockwork machinery, without licenses. In this London, clockwork machinery also plays a huge part in society. There are few flesh and blood animals– most are clockwork, but act as living ones would, and are created by the mysterious Heartbeat, the underground machinery that controls the entire city.

Audience/"Warnings": It's probably more NA than YA, but there's only some mild language and... suggestive... things (they're in their late twenties and it's a romance okay). There're some mature themes, too, so if I posted there would probably be an age warning...? Idek. I haven't written it yet so I'll see where it goes.

Option Two: Soul Tracker

Blurb: When twenty-four year-old Rowan Milter headed to Chicago for a fresh start, the last thing expected was to stumble upon an ancient Embassy of Soul Trackers– people who can sense, harvest, and protect parted souls. He especially didn't expect to discover them during one of their routine raids for rogue Trackers. But more than anything, he wasn't expecting that he would somehow pick up their powers during the attack.

Forced by the Embassy to join them, Rowan's 'fresh start' seems planned out for him. But after mere weeks of training, his new life takes a U-turn when he and his 'mentor', twenty-five year-old Sierra, are assigned a daunting task– find Jarvier Ravens, the legendary fallen-from-glory Soul Tracker who turned rogue after his wife died.

While the more experienced Sierra works in the field, Rowan learns about Jarvier– and the Embassy. And the more he discovers, the more his doubts about his new 'family' grow. The Embassy's power-hungry ways go against everything he's ever believed in, while Jarvier's story makes his past hurts resurface. But questioning the Embassy is a dangerous thing, and even sympathizing with a rogue can have deadly consequences– consequences that Rowan isn't sure that he's willing to take.

As Rowan's research continues and the Embassy narrows in on Jarvier, he has to ask himself how much he's willing to risk to do the right thing– and what the right thing is.

Genre: Urban fantasy

POV: Third close (Rowan's perspective)

Main Characters: It's a little odd, because Rowan is the main character, but Jarvier is the protagonist, and the Embassy is the antagonist. Other important characters include Sierra (Rowan's mentor), Nox (Jarvier's dead wife), Gunder (Soul Seeker who assigned Rowan and Sierra on the case), and Brent (Sierra's friend and Soul Hunter).

Setting/Time Period: Modern-day Chicago.

Audience/"Warnings": Pretty much same as the last, but probably slightly worse language. Idk yet.

--

So yeah. If you guys could tell me which one you prefer, that would be great. c:

Tags
edward is cuter-->, jacob is the cutest ha, land of stories, luna was here, team harry p. please, this is not sparta, xp xp xp xp xp xp xp