Quantcast ~Story Help! Fillers~ *{Please give Advice and CC. I Thanketh you!}* - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2011, 10:23 PM

Location: a place where we wear hats on our feet, shoes on out heads and hamburgers eat people. No joke.
Default ~Story Help! Fillers~ *{Please give Advice and CC. I Thanketh you!}*

So sorry if i am clogging up the WB! I think there is a thread for this type of stuff but i can't find it.

Anyway, What are your Opions on Filler chapters?

The thing is I have a two sorta filler chapters in a row. One is following an awesome action scene, but the one after that is just a chapter really used to explain a factor of the plot. The cliffhanger though i think is pretty awesome! XD

So do you think that if a chapter has a pretty decent cliffhanger that seems to ignite a chain of action, that it's alright, or should i put a conflict scene it it for no reason at all?

{By the way it is a Sci Fi/Dystopian/action story.}

I need help. Because the first one has already been written, and it has some action in it, but really it's just a whole bunch of description and feeling's. And i guess you hate the antagonist for what they did but . . . okay i'm giving away too much now

If God is for us, then who can be against us? -- Romans 8:31

"I collect words, put them together and create something amazing. Through me, words can rise and walk, as they have always been in my heart. Some people may not get it, but I am a word weaver." -- Me
Old 09-21-2011, 02:42 AM

I honestly don't think you need to write actionactionactionaction. So long as it's not filler like "So they just sat there. And thought. Of stuff. Because.... They sat there...." I'm guessing you'll be good. You said it's a lot of description and feelings? Ever read Dicken's stuff? Victor Hugo? Great authors, two of my favs, but their books both contain pages and pages of so much description without any action whatsoever. Emotion along with that is even better, keeps the readers awake and all ;p good luck!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:42 AM

Default Please!! :)

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm kind of having that problem in my FanFiction Forever My Draco right now. I need to get to the Sectumsempra scene and stuff, but I don't want to skip a lot... Do you want to post it in reply to your original message? If not... Can I have the link/can you email it to me? (saddleangel@gmail.com)? Or do you wanna do a book swap?
~ForeverMyDraco
Old 10-07-2011, 08:21 PM

Personally, I think filler chapters are needed. Just add a couple of twists in the fillers, and emotion and description, and you should be fine. (: Just start writing, and then when you go to edit it, you can always change it.

Good luck.

No more dreaming like a girl, like a girl so in love...with the wrong world.

Snow White's stitching up the circuitboard...

inside of me.

-quote on dA