Quantcast Twilight Haters!!!!!!!!! - Page 52 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Twi-Hards
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicWriter View Post
I'm not going to say I dislike the Twilight books because I've never read them. However I don't think it's entirely fair to hate on them. Yes, maybe they have an annoying, maybe even bad plot. But it's directed at a certain demographic of readers, and if you are not part of that demographic then don't read them. When somebody starts hating on the Harry Potter series, everybody goes insane and overprotective. However, when somebody criticizes Twilight, most people will agree and laugh along with it. I disagree wholeheartedly with the above post, the one that mentions J.K Rowling as a 'thief, racist' etc., but if one of these posts was made the other way around, saying untrue things about the Twilight books and author, not a lot of people would care. They would share the picture. They would laugh at it.
All in all I just don't agree with people hating on other people's writing. What about here, on Kidpub? If someone started posting nasty images criticizing you and your writing, or someone else's, the entire site would go into uproar because of it, including myself. So why is it okay to hate on popular authors?
How eloquently said.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:37 AM

Gandalf: All right, boys, here are your missions: Frodo, take the Ring to Mordor and destroy it. Harry (potter), defeat Voldemort (I think) and save the world. And Edward...do stop sparkling, son.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:36 PM

I haven't read Twilight, but since it was so popular, people started copying it and writing vampire romance books... It has become really cliche. Kind of like dystopian novels (although I love The Hunger Games). I'm not saying Twilight's bad- it may be a great story- but it's kind of tiring when, as soon as a new trend rolls in, whether it's vampire or zombies or post-apocalyptic worlds, lots of people like to copy that.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcate781 View Post
I haven't read Twilight, but since it was so popular, people started copying it and writing vampire romance books... It has become really cliche. Kind of like dystopian novels (although I love The Hunger Games). I'm not saying Twilight's bad- it may be a great story- but it's kind of tiring when, as soon as a new trend rolls in, whether it's vampire or zombies or post-apocalyptic worlds, lots of people like to copy that.
Very well said.
I don't hate Twilight, but sometimes it can be a bit...dumb...I don't know. They just used the secretive girl falls in love with most popular boy. That's been used a lot.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:56 PM

I know... I find a lot of romance stories nowadays are pretty cliche.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:43 PM

I read a little bit of the summery, it seemed pretty decent, I guess. *shrugs*
Old 02-28-2015, 11:25 AM

Hey Madie, are you on any more?

Stan Lee
Old 10-24-2015, 11:15 AM

I literally just finished the Twilight series yesterday.
Honestly though, I don't think it was bad. Like, really, it was well-written, and the characters were interesting and I actually liked the plot, which is saying something because I reeeaally don't like romance novels. I mean, the Volturi? Hello? Yeah, the bulk of the story was Edward and Bella and mushy-gushy stuff, but there was also a crap-ton of danger and life-threatening occaisions.

It wasn't boring at least. And I don't really think it's that cliche anymore.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:58 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
I literally just finished the Twilight series yesterday.
Honestly though, I don't think it was bad. Like, really, it was well-written, and the characters were interesting and I actually liked the plot, which is saying something because I reeeaally don't like romance novels. I mean, the Volturi? Hello? Yeah, the bulk of the story was Edward and Bella and mushy-gushy stuff, but there was also a crap-ton of danger and life-threatening occaisions.

It wasn't boring at least. And I don't really think it's that cliche anymore.
I definitely agree. The books were quite honestly really good. I had trouble putting them down. However, they completely ruined the movies. It was so difficult watching the movies after reading the books. The characters acted really awkward and it was painful to watch. I think most people hate it because they've only seen the movies.

I am so glad that twilight has died down. Mainly because I live really close to Forks and there were seriously so many tourists it's not even funny. They even had a chain of Twilight stores around our area (which have thankfully gone out of business). My friend and I went down to Forks and took the twilight tour for fun and it was really lame. Forks is really lame. It's tiny and run down. Just ick.

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 06-28-2017, 06:17 PM

I used to hate Twilight because it looked super cheesy and it was totally that judging a book by its cover thing bc I'd never seen or read it. Well I read it a few days ago and it was actually a lot better than I expected. Yes it's a bit cheesy but far better than I thought it would be and definitely worth reading.

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window

Tags
*onomatopoeia, boopampa is sound?, cedric is a traitor, it's made up, kwazy_k was here, lst you can't leave, lyall_areyel_was_here, max+pokey=mokey, onomotapiea bleh wrong sp, series, twilight, wth does 'boopampa' mean?