Quantcast Colleges - Page 8 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 04-20-2015, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
So I made the huge mistake of not checking the "send me emails from colleges" box on my PSAT and so I'm the only person I know who hasn't been getting letters or email from colleges and because of that I don't know anything about any colleges
Except Columbia
The only college I know about is Columbia
Google is always a good resource. Depends on what you want to major in, though. Some schools have different areas of strengths than others.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:27 PM

i'm a junior and freaking out over colleges so so so so much.

my mom does this thing where she literally bases her life's value off of me getting into Harvard or some other crazy expectation... like... please don't do that i have ENOUGH STRESS ALREADY GOSH...

this girl at my school got into stanford, harvard, princeton, MIT, and Caltech... so... /criessssss

any tips plz
Old 05-01-2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephiey View Post
i'm a junior and freaking out over colleges so so so so much.

my mom does this thing where she literally bases her life's value off of me getting into Harvard or some other crazy expectation... like... please don't do that i have ENOUGH STRESS ALREADY GOSH...

this girl at my school got into stanford, harvard, princeton, MIT, and Caltech... so... /criessssss

any tips plz
Don't look for a specific college, look for a college with the degree you want and the atmosphere you want. Sometimes, these are relatively unknown, but if you're looking for a professional atmosphere with good professors and some really nice degrees, then one of these colleges could be just right for you.

but overall, just because it's famous doesn't mean it will work out for you. choose something to study and find places with that kind of degree; eventually you will find the place that is right FOR YOU. Harvard/Yale/Stanford/Princeton/MIT: even if you qualify for them, remember they're not for everyone.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:31 PM

i have to take an accuplacer test and i'm scared e-e
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 05-02-2015, 12:19 AM

that awkward moment when you suddenly choose engineering school over art school and all your emails are from art/design colleges and you have to politely let them know there's like a 1.5% chance you're going to go to art school and meanwhile no colleges with a decent architectural program have emailed you

OR I COULD DOUBLE MAJOR

Last edited by meerkat; 05-02-2015 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
that awkward moment when you suddenly choose engineering school over art school and all your emails are from art/design colleges and you have to politely let them know there's like a 1.5% chance you're going to go to art school and meanwhile no colleges with a decent architectural program have emailed you

OR I COULD DOUBLE MAJOR
you're a freshman please don't rule out anything because what you want now is not going to be exactly what you want in three or four years
i say this because i see so many freshman at my school stressing out about colleges
Old 05-02-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
you're a freshman please don't rule out anything because what you want now is not going to be exactly what you want in three or four years
i say this because i see so many freshman at my school stressing out about colleges
yeah i haven't ruled anything out yet, im just looking at the possibilities and stuff. and im actually the least college-stressed of all my freshman friends XD
Old 05-31-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrybomb View Post
i have to take an accuplacer test and i'm scared e-e
so i failed this test about two weeks ago
i mean you can't technically 'fail' but i didn't get into the category i need
and tomorrow i'm going to retake it and that's probably the last time i can do that so i hope i pass but tbh i'm not optimistic at this point

and the funny thing is that if i was going to take a literature class, I could, since i got into the highest category

but i need to take a math class bc reasons
and i scored into the second highest, which is the class i took this past year, except at hs instead of college ;-;

u g h
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?

Last edited by Cherrybomb; 06-01-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:49 PM

so my piano teacher decided to randomly ask me what i want to major in and i just blanked out??? idk i've recently been so sure of myself but now every study field sounds so cool and i'm probably going to be one of those people who doesn't pick a major until like second year of college

Last edited by meerkat; 05-31-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:05 PM

I got accepted into a screenwriting camp down near LA that gives me 4 college credits AND I get to work with people who have written big scrips like the Avengers.