Quantcast Cooking guild: share recipes and experiences - Page 19 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Guilds
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2018, 05:17 PM

hey y'all here is a delicious and easy brownie recipe that you need in your life (plus it's cocoa-powder only because chocolate can be hecka expensive and just trust me okay)

(original recipe from smitten kitchen i'm not tryna plagiarize)

10 tablespoons (140 grams) unsalted butter (i use salted bc a little extra salt never hurts and it's all i have on hand usually)
1 1/4 cups (250 grams) granulated sugar (when i'm making these just for my family i like to cut down on the sugar a little bit, i usually just eyeball and try for maybe ~210g, it makes them so deep and dark and gahh. but when i'm making them for other people i like to play it safer)
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (65 grams, may vary by brands) unsweetened cocoa powder (natural or dutch-process, doesn't matter)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (i usually omit this because vanilla extract is at this point like liquid gold and i don't think it adds much in this case)
2 large eggs, cold
1/2 cup (65 grams) all-purpose flour (weigh that ish)
2/3 cup (75 grams) walnut or pecan pieces (optional, i use chocolate chips because my body doesn't respond well to tree nuts lol)(if you're a purist though and you don't want any add-ins, these brownies are 100% good enough to stand on their own)

put your oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat that thang to 325 degrees fahrenheit

now get your butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in bursts of 20-30 seconds (stirring in between) until it's all melted and combined and hot enough that if you stick your finger in, you want to remove it fairly quickly. at this point you should be overcome with a strong desire to stuff your face in it. resist this urge and admire the glossy richness. (it might look a little gritty but don't fret, we'll get it smoothed out)

set it aside and listen to some music or something until it cools off a bit and your eggs won't scramble if you add them. then add your vanilla if you're feeling groovy. add cold-from-the-fridge eggs one at a time, stirring vIgOrOUsLy after each addition with a wooden spoon. then give your arm a break because it's about to get a workout.

okay add your flour and stir it until you can't see streaks anymore. then prepare yourself. take your wooden spoon and beat that thing vigorously af for 40 strokes. don't skimp on the strokes. it's going to be hard, but it's going to be worth it and in the end you'll have some nice arm muscles AND delicious brownies.

okay here's where you throw in your add-ins if you're into that. spread it evenly into a greased 8x8 pan (or lined with parchment paper/aluminum foil for easy lifting) (sprinkle flaky salt on top if you're feelin it mm yeah) and bake for anywhere from 18-27 minutes (idk maybe more man depends on your oven). when you stick a toothpick in and it comes out slightly moist with batter, take those babies outttttt. especially if you're using a glass pan - that crap gets hot and the brownies will keep cookin for a little bit after they come out of the oven.

at this point the possibilities are endless. dump some ice cream on there and eat them straight out of the pan. cut them if you wanna be civilized (but if you want clean lines you're gonna have to stick em in the fridge sorry i don't make the rules). they're delicious hot, at room temp, cold, and frozen. give them to your crush. eat them all in one go. whatever you're feeling my dude.