Quantcast Odyssey of the Mind, anyone? - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMi View Post
I'm considering suggesting to my drama teacher that we try OM... although we're a private school... I dunno. 8D *is still satisfied with epik improv classes and showcases*
You can still do OM at a private school! My school doesn't just do it, it's its own program. You should show it to your teacher. IT'S SO FUN. 8DDDD
Old 03-17-2012, 10:47 PM

Pokey: http://mdodyssey.org/ and http://mdodyssey.org/index.php?load=getstarted
Old 03-18-2012, 09:12 AM

My school used to do Destination Imagination (Which is pretty much the exact same thing as OM), but only offered it to the kids in the gifted and Talented program. So, I was on the team for the three years we were offered it, and then they cut the program because some kid complained to his parents, and his parents complained to the school. D:

I remember that one year, we did a story about Theodore Roosevelt, called Teddy's Bear, about how the teddy bear was invented. I played the MAN that Teddy was traveling with, because their wasn't a single girl part in the skit. And our team consisted of two boys and five girls. In another skit we did (the trumpet of the swan), i played the swan's DAD.

Anyway, I'm trying to convince my mom to start it back up, because we've asked, and they said they would start it up if someone would be in charge of it. I nominated my mom.

So, what kind of skits have you guys done? What role did you play?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:46 PM

HAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

Since the World Finals ended yesterday, I uploaded the video of my team's skit this year. Wanna see?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v4PU...0&feature=plcp

Yeah. I'm Thing 1/2. I sit in my box most of the time (which is also Hamlet's coffee table). xD
Old 05-27-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
HAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

Since the World Finals ended yesterday, I uploaded the video of my team's skit this year. Wanna see?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v4PU...0&feature=plcp

Yeah. I'm Thing 1/2. I sit in my box most of the time (which is also Hamlet's coffee table). xD
Haaaah... Liiiiizziee... you guys were friggin' AWESOME! EEE! 8DDD

No doubt about it, I'm making my school participate. Our skit will never be as epikal as yours, but I can see awesome in our future if we have the right people.
Is six the limit for the team? :P
Old 05-28-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMi View Post
Haaaah... Liiiiizziee... you guys were friggin' AWESOME! EEE! 8DDD

No doubt about it, I'm making my school participate. Our skit will never be as epikal as yours, but I can see awesome in our future if we have the right people.
Is six the limit for the team? :P
No, teams are 5-7 kids. We used to have another girl on our team, but she quit after 5th grade.

And tank-oo! You never know if you'll be awesome like us. My team's been together for 4 years, and all we've ever done was get 6th at States. My brother's team has only been together for 2 years, and they've gotten 5th at Worlds!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:39 AM

We have odyssey of the mind too, but I didn't join. I HAZ STAGE FRIGHT.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
We have odyssey of the mind too, but I didn't join. I HAZ STAGE FRIGHT.
DDD: Half of the time you're not on a stage, anyway. Most of the people on stages are just for the theatrical problems.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
No, teams are 5-7 kids. We used to have another girl on our team, but she quit after 5th grade.

And tank-oo! You never know if you'll be awesome like us. My team's been together for 4 years, and all we've ever done was get 6th at States. My brother's team has only been together for 2 years, and they've gotten 5th at Worlds!
Heehee... 8D Otay, I'll ask my music teacher tomorrow... *squees*
I can totally picture who'd be on the team girl-wise... boy-wise... a bit harder... but still. 8D
Old 05-28-2012, 10:57 AM

One word of advice:

DO. NOT. MAKE. AN. ALL. GIRL. TEAM.

They usually fail. Boy AND girl teams are good. For some reason, all-guy teams are the best. O_O

And you probably won't be able to pick your team anyway. It depends on whose parent(s) will volunteer as coach(es). (You can have up to 3 coaches. My team used to have 2 coaches, but the other coach was the girl-who-quit's mom.) So you might be able to pick 1 or 2 of the kids on your team, but it's pretty unlikely you'll pick your whole team. :\

And I think it's better if all your best friends aren't on the same team. 'Cause then you get NOTHING DONE. Seriously, the people on my team aren't all best friends, but we know each other so well that we goof around all the time, and we hardly do anything. xD

Tags
acting, art, awesome, creativity, odyssey of the mind