Quantcast KidPub Houses Main - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Guilds
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2017, 11:54 AM

Default KidPub Houses Main

This is a section where any KidPub House members can chat or post whatever they want, but it is also the section where members will post how many points each House has gotten. This is not the section where you post how many points you have individually, but this is where the collective tally of points are recorded. Have fun and enjoy the KidPub Houses!

Posting a short story (no clogging allowed): 20 points (if it's over 2,000 words: 45)

Posting a poem: 15 points

Posting a chapter: 20 points you get 35 pts if it's over 1,500.)

CC (commenting on a story and providing helpful advice and what you liked about the story): 7 points

Regular comment: 3 points

Vote on a poll: 2 points

Post something else (poll, etc): 7 points

Complete a novel on KP: 100 points

Complete a poetry collection on KP: 100 points

Write a story for for a contest or special event: 50

Write a poem for for a contest or special event: 20

Write a chapter for for a contest or special event: 45

Have a friend you invited join (they must say they are your friend): 70

Post on the KidPub NES: 7

Post on NES on Writer's Block: 3

Current House members:

Land:

ArabellasAura
Lavinia

Sea:

Elliot
Red Zero
Rosie
SuperJ
Norah
Sy
TCGuest

Sky:

*Snow* Winsterhand's Helper
Ailee (Lila)
Da QuartzMaster
Elias
Predator-6 (Jack)
Mr.Happy

Stan Lee

Last edited by Codename-X12; 05-28-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:12 PM

Codename-X12, as members join each house could you make a member list in your original post for each thread?
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 05-15-2017, 09:34 AM

That would be a good idea. I'll compile one soon.

Stan Lee
Old 05-17-2017, 05:23 PM

Default KidPub Houses Updates? PLEASE READ!

This is Predator-6 and I think the test is going along great! However, I wanted to raise a few updates that I am thinking about adding. If you guys agree with these ideas, they will be added at the end of the test (so as not to mess up the points we have now). Here are my ideas:

1. Lower CC pts from 7 - 6. This is because I realized writing short amounts of CC is an easy way to get points quickly.

2. Increase poem value from 15 to 17. This is mainly because poems are posted frequently and poems are shorter than chapters, but harder and more time-consuming to write

3. Not in the system yet: You get one point (or maybe two) if you post on the forum (not posting a points update!)

4. Get 60 points for inviting a friend to KidPub who joins!

5. Get 15 points for inviting the friend to join (even if they don't join. You get these points for inviting them, you also get 60 points when they join)

Stan Lee

Last edited by Codename-X12; 05-17-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename-X12 View Post
This is Predator-6 and I think the test is going along great! However, I wanted to raise a few updates that I am thinking about adding. If you guys agree with these ideas, they will be added at the end of the test (so as not to mess up the points we have now). Here are my ideas:

1. Lower CC pts from 7 - 6. This is because I realized writing short amounts of CC is an easy way to get points quickly.

2. Increase poem value from 15 to 17. This is mainly because poems are posted frequently and poems are shorter than chapters, but harder and more time-consuming to write

3. Not in the system yet: You get one point (or maybe two) if you post on the forum (not posting a points update!)

4. Get 60 points for inviting a friend to KidPub who joins!

5. Get 15 points for inviting the friend to join (even if they don't join. You get these points for inviting them, you also get 60 points when they join)
1. I would rather keep CC points at 7. Getting points quickly isn't necessarily bad, especially when some people from other houses post chapters everyday and CC comments are a good way to keep up.

2. I would be fine either way on this one.

3. I agree with this. May I add another suggestion? Points for posting on the never ending story.

4 and 5. I don't like these. People could lie about inviting people, for one. Two, I think there should be points for inviting a friend who joins, but not such a large value.
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 05-17-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
1. I would rather keep CC points at 7. Getting points quickly isn't necessarily bad, especially when some people from other houses post chapters everyday and CC comments are a good way to keep up.

2. I would be fine either way on this one.

3. I agree with this. May I add another suggestion? Points for posting on the never ending story.

4 and 5. I don't like these. People could lie about inviting people, for one. Two, I think there should be points for inviting a friend who joins, but not such a large value.
Ok pts for the never-ending story is good. I think there should be no points for inviting someone, but if that person joined you could get points. You'd have to verify with the person that they are your friend.

Stan Lee
Old 05-17-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Ok pts for the never-ending story is good. I think there should be no points for inviting someone, but if that person joined you could get points. You'd have to verify with the person that they are your friend.
Yes. That makes sense. How many points should there be for the NES?
Also, if we brought back never-ending stories on the WB (which i rlly wanna do) there should b points for that too
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 05-18-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Yes. That makes sense. How many points should there be for the NES?
Also, if we brought back never-ending stories on the WB (which i rlly wanna do) there should b points for that too
i'm not really sure...maybe 3 points for an NES on WB and maybe 5-8 points for the Gateway Nes.

Stan Lee
Old 05-18-2017, 04:08 PM

Default When Kidpub House Test Ends

The KidPub House test ends this Sunday at 12:00 PM. All stories posted before that are good for points but afterward they are not. On Sunday we will be discussing changes. Also, at the end of the test all points will be removed because the points values may change. after the test we will start off fresh!

Stan Lee
Old 05-18-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
The KidPub House test ends this Sunday at 12:00 PM. All stories posted before that are good for points but afterward they are not. On Sunday we will be discussing changes. Also, at the end of the test all points will be removed because the points values may change. after the test we will start off fresh!
12:00 which timezone
they'd lead me to y o u

Tags
kidpub houses, kidpubhistory, land-needs-help, rproject