Quantcast OFFICIAL POLITICAL VENTING STATION (No fights, please!) - Page 118 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > US Elections
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
uuuuuuh ok but how do u make friends or talk to humans lmao
also like... what about parents . it's probably impossible for me to go to protests before i go to college...
if theres a nearby lgbt center they might have a youth group? but if you dont live in a big-ish or liberal/leftist town this might be hard.

you dont HAVE to protest. dont throw yourseld into protests if youre not ready or will get in trouble. you should try to learn and read a lot instead. but if youre still interested....

my first protest i straight up lied. i told my parents i was "hanging out" w friends. got my brother to drop me off. since the protest ended late i slept over with friends. my parents still dont know. i am not condoning lying tho esp if you have abusive or strict parents. do not lie lol i never lied lol if u get caught im not responsible lol do not lie

Last edited by Lily09; 01-21-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:11 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I'm going to the women's march in Boston, which is supposed to be the second biggest. I'll fight ppl for you :-)
Yo Elizabeth Warren is gonna be at the Boston protest and I'm gonna make her run for prez in 2020 thank me later
Old 01-21-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
uuuuuuh ok but how do u make friends or talk to humans lmao
also like... what about parents . it's probably impossible for me to go to protests before i go to college...
my parents are liberals so they just let me go lol
Most big cities are having a Women's March. Just Google where it starts and then go to it y'know
Old 01-21-2017, 09:57 AM

i wanna go to mine but i meant to ask my prents but forgot to bc i fell asleep at 6 pm and none of my friends are responding sob
Old 01-21-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
if theres a nearby lgbt center they might have a youth group? but if you dont live in a big-ish or liberal/leftist town this might be hard.

you dont HAVE to protest. dont throw yourseld into protests if youre not ready or will get in trouble. you should try to learn and read a lot instead. but if youre still interested....

my first protest i straight up lied. i told my parents i was "hanging out" w friends. got my brother to drop me off. since the protest ended late i slept over with friends. my parents still dont know. i am not condoning lying tho esp if you have abusive or strict parents. do not lie lol i never lied lol if u get caught im not responsible lol do not lie
lol i live in Texas so.a lot of the kids are pretty liberal (last spring in French class we were learning meilleur et mieux et pire etc and all of our example sentences were pro-Bernie slash bashing trump. no one really cared if you were gay or otherwise LGBTQ . good times) but now I go to private school which rip means a lot of the kids are more privileged and a good portion of them are pro-Trump and I'm pretty sure my geography teacher is a homophobic Christian Trump supporter rip. most liberals, esp adults, in the area are poc. no surprise there. as a white person who lives in the south I am very much not a Southern White
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 01-21-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
my parents are liberals so they just let me go lol
Most big cities are having a Women's March. Just Google where it starts and then go to it y'know
my parents are centrists by virtue of being socially liberal and fiscally conservative but they're really protective I'm pretty sure they'd be too worried to let me go to protests
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 01-21-2017, 12:48 PM

Tips for becoming knowledgeable and discovering your political philosophy?
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 01-21-2017, 01:36 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika

Quote:
Tips for becoming knowledgeable and discovering your political philosophy?
if by knowledgeable you mean knowledgeable about political issues rn, keeping up with international news (for example by using a news app or reading the newspaper) and reading up on conflicts and issues within the last 20 years or so might be a good start-- remember to get your info from a variety of sources and be aware of if ur newspaper/channel/whatever is state-owned, has an obvious agenda, or is biased in any way. it's hard to start learning abt political stuff but perhaps joining a model un club/debate club (if your school does that) would make it easier. also, an emphasis international stuff! not just local or national politics. there's no point in calling yourself politically aware if that awareness is confined to the borders of your country.

as for discovering what you personally believe in, you could read up on different political opinions. look up great thinkers of whatever philosophy you're researching in if that's something you'd be interested in; there are plenty of books about political theories and stuff. do lots of research etc. tbh tho, the best thing would be to have debates or conversations with people across the political spectrum. find out why people believe in the things they believe in, even if it's something you'd think you could never support. don't just surround yourself with people who share your opinions or your background. (which means reading articles or blog posts or talking to far-leftists, but also means learning about what conservatives and right-wingers across the board believe in and why). (labeling an entire group of people as Bigoted or Awful is pointless-- although there are, definitely, ppl with absolutely disgusting views, they'll most likely be in the minority of whatever school of thought you're looking into, and bad people definitely aren't confined to the right). anyway, if you know enough about different beliefs and know what you don't agree with, somewhere along the way you'll find out what you do believe in, i spose.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:25 PM

guys i just got back from our chicago march and omg it was awesome. it was HUGE (second only to d.c. i think) and so much positivity and love and people supporting each other. it was so great omg.

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton
Old 01-21-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by july3girl View Post
guys i just got back from our chicago march and omg it was awesome. it was HUGE (second only to d.c. i think) and so much positivity and love and people supporting each other. it was so great omg.
wtf jelly. my sister might have gone (she's in Chicago right now)
I was in Boston and apparently there were 105k people and I SAW ELIZABETH WARREN AND SHE GAVE A SPEECH AND IT WAS AMAZING

Tags
anarchy, assassinate pence too, assassinate trump, fuck trump, how did this happen, i hate conservatives, i hate liberals, i hate you all, kp + politics = fights, nilentoneverythread, popular vote anyone???, rip america, stop complaining, summer breeze, summer breeze?!, yes we are