Quantcast GSRM Community - Page 201 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 01-23-2017, 02:50 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika

1. i mean aren't heteromantic aces / aro heterosexuals hets? like it's like... in the name isn't it? it's not denying their asexuality or aromanticism, it's just describing the ppl theyre attracted to afaik

2. also my knowledge of lgbt history isn't extremely detailed so correct me if i'm wrong but, weren't trans people at the forefront of like? modern lgbt activism? like w/ stonewall for example?

3. i/any1 else never said aces don't belong (or that they don't face social discrimination bc that's definitely a thing that happens) but i did say that straight ace people don't belong in a community that fights for the rights of same-gender-attracted and trans people? like it's not that they're excluded bc they're ace and bc gay ppl think aces are bad or something, it's bc they don't like the same gender and aren't trans, therefore they don't face the same issues... and therefore having a separate ace/aro community that focuses on the discrimination you mentioned would be a lot more helpful for both groups

also tbh i've never rlly seen anyone use the split attraction model outside of tumblr so does anyone know if like there are any articles abt it or smth?
Old 01-23-2017, 02:55 PM

yes venika twoc paved the way
Old 01-23-2017, 02:57 PM

as a homosexual demiro person please think of me as gay. not gay aro. of course i cant speak for everyone in the ace / aro community but im gay.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venika View Post
1. i mean aren't heteromantic aces / aro heterosexuals hets? like it's like... in the name isn't it? it's not denying their asexuality or aromanticism, it's just describing the ppl theyre attracted to afaik

2. also my knowledge of lgbt history isn't extremely detailed so correct me if i'm wrong but, weren't trans people at the forefront of like? modern lgbt activism? like w/ stonewall for example?

3. i/any1 else never said aces don't belong (or that they don't face social discrimination bc that's definitely a thing that happens) but i did say that straight ace people don't belong in a community that fights for the rights of same-gender-attracted and trans people? like it's not that they're excluded bc they're ace and bc gay ppl think aces are bad or something, it's bc they don't like the same gender and aren't trans, therefore they don't face the same issues... and therefore having a separate ace/aro community that focuses on the discrimination you mentioned would be a lot more helpful for both groups

also tbh i've never rlly seen anyone use the split attraction model outside of tumblr so does anyone know if like there are any articles abt it or smth?
1) I guess it would depend on the person? Because like, some people might rather be referred to as ace, or het ace, than simply het, because in their mind het people might be people who enjoy sex and want to have it, and that would feel like the wrong definition to them.

but, as Elliot demonstrated, some people obviously prefer gay over gay aro, or het over het ace.

probably it would be safest just to ask the person before presuming to call them anything.

3) yes, thanks, that's already been covered.

^p.s. sorry if that's snarky or something, i'm kind of in a bad mood for reasons completely unrelated to kp, and also sleep deprived, :s
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 01-23-2017, 03:52 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
1) I guess it would depend on the person? Because like, some people might rather be referred to as ace, or het ace, than simply het, because in their mind het people might be people who enjoy sex and want to have it, and that would feel like the wrong definition to them.

but, as Elliot demonstrated, some people obviously prefer gay over gay aro, or het over het ace.

probably it would be safest just to ask the person before presuming to call them anything.

3) yes, thanks, that's already been covered.

^p.s. sorry if that's snarky or something, i'm kind of in a bad mood for reasons completely unrelated to kp, and also sleep deprived, :s
oh yea tru, ppl will defs use different labels ^

also YEA i know it's been said b4 but i think someone (idr who and im too lazy to go back and check) had said smth like that in response to my most recent post so that's why i repeated it lol
Old 01-23-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venika View Post

i agree w/ all this and yes, as elliot said trans women of colour did start the lgbt community so trans people WERE in it all along

tbh i dont have the energy to discourse about this bc im going back to school today but I don't see why calling a het ace/ het aro "heterosexual/romantic" is bad

And the split attraction model, pretty much no one brings it up outside of hell website so ya... but what kind of irks me about it is that it sexualises lgbt identities so much bc the sexual was made as in gender kind of sex not intercourse kind IIRC
Old 01-23-2017, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluzzle View Post
i agree w/ all this and yes, as elliot said trans women of colour did start the lgbt community so trans people WERE in it all along

tbh i dont have the energy to discourse about this bc im going back to school today but I don't see why calling a het ace/ het aro "heterosexual/romantic" is bad

And the split attraction model, pretty much no one brings it up outside of hell website so ya... but what kind of irks me about it is that it sexualises lgbt identities so much bc the sexual was made as in gender kind of sex not intercourse kind IIRC
yES THANKS FOR THE LAST PARAGRAPH
Old 01-23-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
yES THANKS FOR THE LAST PARAGRAPH
haha ty, thats one thing that's always got to me
Old 01-23-2017, 08:03 PM

Ok I have a question
If there is someone who identifies as homoromantic and asexual, wouldn't that still make them gay? On what level is defining someone's preferences as purely about who they wanna screw, like, NOT acephobic? I assumed that "gay" could apply to someone's romantic or sexual orientation. I know that "homosexual" applies to mostly just sexual orientation but like ??? It just seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that by saying someone's "not completely gay" because they're asexual is just valuing the validity of their preferences purely on a sexual basis. Like "oh you're not sexually attracted to x gender so obviouslu ur not REALLY gay". maybe just Romantic attraction is enough. Idek just my opinion this probably didn't make any sense

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 01-23-2017, 08:34 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
Ok I have a question
If there is someone who identifies as homoromantic and asexual, wouldn't that still make them gay? On what level is defining someone's preferences as purely about who they wanna screw, like, NOT acephobic? I assumed that "gay" could apply to someone's romantic or sexual orientation. I know that "homosexual" applies to mostly just sexual orientation but like ??? It just seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that by saying someone's "not completely gay" because they're asexual is just valuing the validity of their preferences purely on a sexual basis. Like "oh you're not sexually attracted to x gender so obviouslu ur not REALLY gay". maybe just Romantic attraction is enough. Idek just my opinion this probably didn't make any sense
But...sexuality is 100% about sexual attraction. It has nothing to do with romantic attraction.
gay = sexually attracted to same sex
straight = sexually attracted to opposite sex
When I was younger, I probably would've preferred dating girls over guys--but that didn't make me straight.

Tags
♤of♡s, alaska is a mermaid, am confuse but yolo, asher was here, cutie jasper <3, down with het, elliot is the best ever, elliot will u marry me, fuck trump, genderqueer, girls are yes, gsrm, homo-freaking-flexible, i <3 girls, i am ellio, i have a crush on u, i love elliot more stfu, once in slept w/ santa d:, shit am i gay, shut the fuck up, thanks 4 helping me out, trans & pan pride, u are not ellio im ellio, u go, yo i love everyone