Quantcast Going to middle school next year...HALP!!! - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > School
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 09:57 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to MaggieMay
Default Going to middle school next year...HALP!!!

O_O

*Insert a bunch of GIFs of people freaking out here...still don't know how to do that O_o*

So, as you probably saw the title, I'm going in to middle school next year. I've been at my elementary school for seven years (K-6th) and I'm really used to it, so middle school's going to be a HUGE change.

Ok, now here goes my hyperventilating part: Is the homework level bad? Is it easy to get lost, because I'm not good with maps? Will the students there be mean to me? Will I make any new friends, because chances are, I might not have classes with my old friends? Should I buy lunch, or bring it (they serve chinese!!!)? Will any of my teachers be mean? Will PE be hard (I hate running)? WILL I SURVIVE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? *dies*

I know there are lots of people out there on KP who have been through middle school and are entering high school, so to those people...PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE!!!!! To everyone who does I'll give a virtual taco.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:13 AM

I'm in middle school (6th grade). At my school, there's not much homework, but you really have to stay organized. We run a lot in PE (more than other schools); about half a mile a day but two miles on Fridays. Yes, you will make new friends! I made my first friend of the year just by sitting next to her in only one class! None of my teachers are mean, though, but my PE and band teachers are strict.

Yes, you will survive.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 AM

I don't know. I'm going to middle school too.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMay View Post
O_O

*Insert a bunch of GIFs of people freaking out here...still don't know how to do that O_o*

So, as you probably saw the title, I'm going in to middle school next year. I've been at my elementary school for seven years (K-6th) and I'm really used to it, so middle school's going to be a HUGE change.

Ok, now here goes my hyperventilating part: Is the homework level bad? Is it easy to get lost, because I'm not good with maps? Will the students there be mean to me? Will I make any new friends, because chances are, I might not have classes with my old friends? Should I buy lunch, or bring it (they serve chinese!!!)? Will any of my teachers be mean? Will PE be hard (I hate running)? WILL I SURVIVE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? *dies*

I know there are lots of people out there on KP who have been through middle school and are entering high school, so to those people...PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE!!!!! To everyone who does I'll give a virtual taco.
EPIC SMILEY FACE. XD It looks like it has bags under its eyes...XD
I'm assuming thats how you look right now, unfortunately. -_-

First of all. Homework is not too bad, as long as you know what you're doing. XD Yeah. You do get a little more than elementary, but that's what they do with every passing grade.

Second. Yes, you might get lost. I wouldn't count on it though, there are plenty of people in the school. Just ask someone where to go. You can also check out the school before term actually starts, so you have a sense of direction. Trust me, after a couple days you'll feel right at h-er, school.

Third. Some students will probably be mean. Like those snotty, popular kids in books. XD Usually there will be at least one mean person. But again, it depends on who's coming. Everyone could be decent, Everyone could be mean, but it's most likely the former. So don't worry, there's nothing to be afraid about. :P

Fourth. YES. OF COURSE. Just stay calm, introduce yourself, you know the whole act. If that person is rather rude or mean, try a little more, than try with someone else. Yeah, thats all I've got.

Fifth. Well, some schools have horrible foods, unhealthy, and downright disgusting. X_x But others will have ze most delicious...ahh yeah. Anyways, better to be say then sorry. XD Bring a small lunch along with you, and try some of the lunch foods there. If you don't like the ones they serve, you can always just tuck into the meal you brought from home.

Sixth. That depends on the school. :P But usually, they'll be pretty nice, if not strict.

Seventh. Well,you have to run a bit more. No worries, it's pretty gradual. They're not going to jump at you and make you run 12 miles. :P XD Yeah...

Eighth. YES. YOU WILL SURVIVE MAGGIE. Unless you suddenly die in the middle of the hall for unknown reasons. But that is not the point. Middle school is the exact same as your other school. It's just like going into a new grade(which you are ), except more fancier, I guess you could say. Trust me, you won't have to worry until you're moving into high school. XD I've been saying "trust me" a lot haven't I?

ALL in all, after you've tried middle school, you're face will be like this:

finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?

Last edited by Cherrybomb; 06-18-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:00 PM

Hey, at least you aren't making the transition from homeschooling to middle school. e_e

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 06-18-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
Hey, at least you aren't making the transition from homeschooling to middle school. e_e
Are you? :P
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:17 PM

Yeah. I'm excited, I suppose. ;-;

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 06-18-2012, 01:26 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to MaggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrybomb View Post
EPIC SMILEY FACE. XD It looks like it has bags under its eyes...XD
I'm assuming thats how you look right now, unfortunately. -_-

First of all. Homework is not too bad, as long as you know what you're doing. XD Yeah. You do get a little more than elementary, but that's what they do with every passing grade.

Second. Yes, you might get lost. I wouldn't count on it though, there are plenty of people in the school. Just ask someone where to go. You can also check out the school before term actually starts, so you have a sense of direction. Trust me, after a couple days you'll feel right at h-er, school.

Third. Some students will probably be mean. Like those snotty, popular kids in books. XD Usually there will be at least one mean person. But again, it depends on who's coming. Everyone could be decent, Everyone could be mean, but it's most likely the former. So don't worry, there's nothing to be afraid about. :P

Fourth. YES. OF COURSE. Just stay calm, introduce yourself, you know the whole act. If that person is rather rude or mean, try a little more, than try with someone else. Yeah, thats all I've got.

Fifth. Well, some schools have horrible foods, unhealthy, and downright disgusting. X_x But others will have ze most delicious...ahh yeah. Anyways, better to be say then sorry. XD Bring a small lunch along with you, and try some of the lunch foods there. If you don't like the ones they serve, you can always just tuck into the meal you brought from home.

Sixth. That depends on the school. :P But usually, they'll be pretty nice, if not strict.

Seventh. Well,you have to run a bit more. No worries, it's pretty gradual. They're not going to jump at you and make you run 12 miles. :P XD Yeah...

Eighth. YES. YOU WILL SURVIVE MAGGIE. Unless you suddenly die in the middle of the hall for unknown reasons. But that is not the point. Middle school is the exact same as your other school. It's just like going into a new grade(which you are ), except more fancier, I guess you could say. Trust me, you won't have to worry until you're moving into high school. XD I've been saying "trust me" a lot haven't I?

ALL in all, after you've tried middle school, you're face will be like this:

THANKS SO MUCH CHERRYBOMB!!! You don't know how much your comment helped :3.

I've already been on a tour of the school, and I couldn't find the same place twice...O_o.

I'm feeling a lot better now...thanks again!!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMay View Post
THANKS SO MUCH CHERRYBOMB!!! You don't know how much your comment helped :3.

I've already been on a tour of the school, and I couldn't find the same place twice...O_o.

I'm feeling a lot better now...thanks again!!!!
You're welcome-times a hundred! *le giant hug*
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 06-18-2012, 11:19 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Moogle

It sucked for me.
Not gonna lie. I mean, I'm not trying to scare you or anything I'm sure you'll be fine. Just think about what you're doing and it will be better.

What's the point in all this screaming?
No one's listening anyway
I'm published! http://bookstore.kidpub.com/product_.../wings-of-gold

Tags
*helps*, advice please!, freaking out, help me please!!, itsnotthatbad :d, middle school is awesome, the potato has spoken, the prophecy..., u'll be fine lst :), watch out for voldy...