Quantcast Going to middle school next year...HALP!!! - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > School
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicWriter View Post
i'm going to middle school too!! Although here it's seventh grade, instead of sixth.
I'M REALLY EXCITED/CRAZED/WORRRIED. Soooooo...I'm feeling exactly with you, Maggie. I know exactly how you feel. I can use any advice i get, so I've been reading all the posts...i'm particularly worried about getting to each class on time, because our school is huge and you get two minutes between each class to transition to the next class, and that INCLUDES going all the way across the parking lot and changing for gym class, O_O. Also the homework load, I'm usually pretty good at getting my homework done...but i'm afraid it's going to get in the way of spending time other places, like with family. Also, my best friend EVER is going to a different school than me, and i'm so sad to be split apart, as she's also going to be moving...and I can't use a combination lock...O_O oh god, I'm a mix up of emotions.
Don't worry, I've been a mix of emotions over school too. Earlier today I was so nervous/upset it was horrible. But now that I've got my schedule, I'm kind of excited. XD

You have 2 MINUTES to go across a parking lot and change for gym?! That's insane! My school is pretty small. Like, we don't have to go outside and go in a different building. Most of the classes are upstairs, but a few of mine are downstairs. And for gym, we have three minutes to get there, and then like five minutes to change. And if you take a long time to change, our teacher usually makes us run laps. >.> Just don't hang around, and if you do your best to get to classes on time, I'm sure you'll be fine. Homework can be tough some days, but I'm sure you'll still have time for family/friends.

You're best friend's moving too?! Oh God, I feel for you. I honestly do. I'm in the same situation, and I've been really depressed because of it.

As for a combination lock...okay, I'll kind of show you how they work--
Let's say your combination is 10, 15, 1.

1st- spin the dial a couple of times to get it loosened up. You'll want to spin it to the right, like clockwise. Then land on your first number- 10.

2nd- Spin it backwards (left/counter-clockwise) Go past your next number, 15 once, and land on it the second time around.

3rd- Spin it forwards again (right/clockwise) right to your last number- 1. Don't go past it, just land on it. Then push up or pull down- it depends on what type of lock it is. And wallah- it should open! (:

But if you have problems, just ask a teacher. (: You'll get the hang of it, I promise. This is coming from a girl who was also nervous about that, and then thought the locker would magically pop open. (; And now I've got the hang of it.

Good luck!

No more dreaming like a girl, like a girl so in love...with the wrong world.

Snow White's stitching up the circuitboard...

inside of me.

-quote on dA
Old 08-15-2012, 09:07 AM

Ah, yes, the lock.

MY LOCKS ARE AWESOME. 8D

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 08-15-2012, 10:45 AM

We got to try out combination locks in fifth grade. They're easy. And fun to use.

I get to get my schedule tomorrow! I'm excited.
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 08-15-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudwriter View Post
Don't worry, I've been a mix of emotions over school too. Earlier today I was so nervous/upset it was horrible. But now that I've got my schedule, I'm kind of excited. XD

You have 2 MINUTES to go across a parking lot and change for gym?! That's insane! My school is pretty small. Like, we don't have to go outside and go in a different building. Most of the classes are upstairs, but a few of mine are downstairs. And for gym, we have three minutes to get there, and then like five minutes to change. And if you take a long time to change, our teacher usually makes us run laps. >.> Just don't hang around, and if you do your best to get to classes on time, I'm sure you'll be fine. Homework can be tough some days, but I'm sure you'll still have time for family/friends.

You're best friend's moving too?! Oh God, I feel for you. I honestly do. I'm in the same situation, and I've been really depressed because of it.

As for a combination lock...okay, I'll kind of show you how they work--
Let's say your combination is 10, 15, 1.

1st- spin the dial a couple of times to get it loosened up. You'll want to spin it to the right, like clockwise. Then land on your first number- 10.

2nd- Spin it backwards (left/counter-clockwise) Go past your next number, 15 once, and land on it the second time around.

3rd- Spin it forwards again (right/clockwise) right to your last number- 1. Don't go past it, just land on it. Then push up or pull down- it depends on what type of lock it is. And wallah- it should open! (:

But if you have problems, just ask a teacher. (: You'll get the hang of it, I promise. This is coming from a girl who was also nervous about that, and then thought the locker would magically pop open. (; And now I've got the hang of it.

Good luck!
Thank you so much for that info. You made me feel so good ))
I've only got a couple more weeks t oget ready...I'm glad school starts on Sept. 4th!!! And then again...I wish it would start now!!! Then I could get the wfirst day over with
Thanks again for your help
Old 08-27-2012, 02:34 PM

Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.

I don't live in the States. In Canada, we have Elementary school up until Grade 6 and then High School until Grade 11/12. In Quebec, we have something called "Cegep" that you have to do for 2 years. It isn't exactly college... but it isn't exactly University either.

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 08-28-2012, 12:53 PM

I've been through middle school and it's really fun most of the time. I didn't think the homework level was that bad, and I heard that most teachers didn't really give homework. Truthfully, I loved my middle school and I'm going to miss it. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:46 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to MaggieMay

Middle school's not bad at all, I realized. Although we have 3-week stretches of P.E., then health, then P.E., then health, etc. I haven't had PE yet, but I will on Tuesday.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me--I took your advice. This thread shall no longer exist, unless someone else needs help with middle school xD
Old 08-31-2012, 06:13 PM

I GOT MY SCHEDULE TODAY!!!
My Earth Science class is so epic I can't even... *head explodes*
Old 08-31-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
I GOT MY SCHEDULE TODAY!!!
My Earth Science class is so epic I can't even... *head explodes*
I got my schedule today, too... but I'm not in school yet, haha. Okay. Lemme check.

1st Period: Spanish
2nd Period: Media
3rd Period: Social Studies
4th Period: Science
5th Period: Math
6th Period: English
7th Period: Study Hall

That's just the first trimester, though.

-Douglas Adams
Old 08-31-2012, 09:12 PM

I'm not in school yet either.
We have a different schedule every day, so I won't post it. I'M JUST SO EXCITED!

Tags
*helps*, advice please!, freaking out, help me please!!, itsnotthatbad :d, middle school is awesome, the potato has spoken, the prophecy..., u'll be fine lst :), watch out for voldy...