Quantcast The Procrastination Thread - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:23 PM
avbhabra avbhabra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.
Posts: 3,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
I don't procrastinate as much as most people I know XD I'm famous for doing my homework the day before it's assigned!
But when it comes to writing, on the other hand...
Same!! Whenever I get a project to do over a couple of weeks, I can never break it down and do it bit by bit. I have to sit down and finish it in one shot or else my ideas won't flow. :3
__________________
The true sign of intelligence

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: I really wish I knew
Posts: 779
Default

I'm procrastinating on my chores. They're almost done, but then I took a little break, got in here, and saw someone too talk to. I'm sure you know what happened next.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:25 PM
meerkat meerkat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: the void
Posts: 6,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbhabra View Post
Same!! Whenever I get a project to do over a couple of weeks, I can never break it down and do it bit by bit. I have to sit down and finish it in one shot or else my ideas won't flow. :3
My teachers sometimes just happen to have the project requirements on their websites before the project is assigned. So that's when I start working And by the time they tell the class that there's something due, I'm just like "What project? I just did it last week!"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:26 PM
avbhabra avbhabra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.
Posts: 3,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
My teachers sometimes just happen to have the project requirements on their websites before the project is assigned. So that's when I start working And by the time they tell the class that there's something due, I'm just like "What project? I just did it last week!"
For my school, my most of my teachers post the assignments on a website but they don't always post the rubric. So I'll know that I have a test or assignment but I might not actually know what I have to do for it... I always procrastinate when I study or do homework and I'm trying to fix that but it's so hard!!!
__________________
The true sign of intelligence

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:41 PM
meerkat meerkat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: the void
Posts: 6,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbhabra View Post
For my school, my most of my teachers post the assignments on a website but they don't always post the rubric. So I'll know that I have a test or assignment but I might not actually know what I have to do for it... I always procrastinate when I study or do homework and I'm trying to fix that but it's so hard!!!

I do my homework when the teacher is teaching the lessons
Oh, and I've been procrastinating on flute practice for about a week or so. -_-
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:42 PM
avbhabra avbhabra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.
Posts: 3,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
I do my homework when the teacher is teaching the lessons
Oh, and I've been procrastinating on flute practice for about a week or so. -_-
I never practice my flute. :3 In class, when the teacher is explaining everything, I figure out the fingerings and the rhythm there. The teacher is always trying to fix the other sections. xD
__________________
The true sign of intelligence

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:47 PM
meerkat meerkat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: the void
Posts: 6,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbhabra View Post
I never practice my flute. :3 In class, when the teacher is explaining everything, I figure out the fingerings and the rhythm there. The teacher is always trying to fix the other sections. xD
I AM AN EVIL BAND DITCHER
Because my director HATED the flutes, I switched to percussion. And I didn't really like my section. So then I ended up not doing band at all. But now I get the really cool electives like Comm Arts
I'll be in marching band next year so I have to practice and remember all the notes and stuff. And that director is nicer, thank goodness XD
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:49 PM
saphiremoon saphiremoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Shadow Realm
Posts: 2,898
Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avbhabra View Post
I'm glad you like it!! I haven't got much of the planning done yet but it's a story I want to post chapter by chapter on KP. I want to start writing it as soon as possible. :3 But I should plan it first...

The basic idea of the story is a girl who lives in this kingdom where all the heirs to the throne are boys, except she's the first girl born in the family. (I want to make it a fantasy, so that it seems more realistic) Her biggest secret id that she's a thief. At night, she goes around stealing precious things. One night, her best friend who is the only one who knows her secret betrays her and the princess (whose name is Kendra, hopefully. :P) is forced to fled. That's most of what I have so far. I'm still coming up with the plot after that but I do want to incorporate another thief who's male and they run into each other, not knowing that they are each other's rivals. So.. yeah. What do you think? Hopefully, I can get the prologue out today. :3 It's not supposed to be very long.
I love it! It definitely runs against the monarchy cliches in fantasy nowadays. You should definitely incorporate the male thief in there... there's lots of promise for external and internal conflict already. I'd read it!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-01-2014, 04:54 PM
avbhabra avbhabra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Held captive by Loki while waiting for the Doctor who is solving a mystery with Sherlock.
Posts: 3,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
I AM AN EVIL BAND DITCHER
Because my director HATED the flutes, I switched to percussion. And I didn't really like my section. So then I ended up not doing band at all. But now I get the really cool electives like Comm Arts
I'll be in marching band next year so I have to practice and remember all the notes and stuff. And that director is nicer, thank goodness XD
That must be so cool! Our section has no problem so for the entire class, we basically sit around and do nothing. And because I'm sitting right in front of the conductor, I can't, like, pick up a book and read or something. xD

Next year, I'm hoping to take Advance English as an option course!! My friend decided to put it together and I'm super excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
I love it! It definitely runs against the monarchy cliches in fantasy nowadays. You should definitely incorporate the male thief in there... there's lots of promise for external and internal conflict already. I'd read it!
I'm glad you like it!! It's great getting feedback from others. I'll try to post the prologue before tonight but it might not make it. I'm still working on the idea, though. :3
__________________
The true sign of intelligence

is not KNOWLEDGE
but i m a g i n a t i o n.
- Albert Einstein

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-01-2014, 05:11 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: the feds will never find me
Posts: 11,037
Default

PROCRASTINATING ON HISTORY DOCUMENT ANALYSIS CAUSE THOSE THINGS SUCK

yep
__________________
trails of f i r e
you always knew
they would carry me home
they'd lead me to y o u
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lyall_areyel_was_here, octopusologist

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.