Quantcast Labels - Page 4 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
  #31  
Old 07-28-2014, 01:34 AM
meerkat meerkat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: the void
Posts: 6,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
You're like my twin. I don't get the awards (ha, not when you're homeschooled), but like I've been told I'm smart, by my mother, but she's my teacher, so could be true. I'd rather do the academic stuff, anyway. But I fail at every sport, so you are my long lost twin.
Haha I'm the opposite. I'm that crazy swimmer/runner who sucks at math. Like, really sucks. >.<
That doesn't mean I can't have good grades in everything else, though.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-28-2014, 01:40 AM
Elizabeth Elizabeth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: I really wish I knew
Posts: 779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Haha I'm the opposite. I'm that crazy swimmer/runner who sucks at math. Like, really sucks. >.<
That doesn't mean I can't have good grades in everything else, though.
I'm not the biggest on running. I'll do short, short spurts of it, then stop. I like swimming, but I certainly don't do it strongly (is that a word?) or quickly. My mom tells me I'm good at math, but then there's day I make a ton of mistakes. Most are ridiculous mistakes, though. So you get good grades in everything else?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-28-2014, 09:00 AM
LaurenM LaurenM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: hungry
Posts: 6,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
I hate it when people who don't know me (other grades) think I'm an idiot because I'm good a sports (because if you're athletic, you OBVIOUSLY can't be clever, too, right? X_X). And then people in my own grade don't think I'm that athletic because I'm in gifted and got the academic award and shtuff (but I also got the MVP for volleyball and the gold medal at 400m in our entire school district...?). So yes. I hate it when people label you as a 'jock', and think you have no brains, or a 'nerd', and think you can't kick a ball.
oh yeah, that used to happen to me. now my stereotype is that 'you're lazy and careless, how can you be smart and have good grades?'
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
I'm labelled as 'smart', 'weird' (I prefer eccentric, thank you very much) and I don't know.

I label myself as awesome. Because self-confidence is a good thing. It's either that or insecurity, in my case. My anxiety does not need to cover my sense of self-worth.
weird
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-29-2014, 01:45 PM
venika venika is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: hmm
Posts: 2,050
Send a message via Skype™ to venika
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
You're like my twin. I don't get the awards (ha, not when you're homeschooled), but like I've been told I'm smart, by my mother, but she's my teacher, so could be true. I'd rather do the academic stuff, anyway. But I fail at every sport, so you are my long lost twin.
Ohmygosh twinsies. xD :P Haha, every single time I try to do anything even slightly athletic, I fail at it. Yay for non sport stuff.
__________________
my name is finny & i like the bone app the teeth meme more than i like myself
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-29-2014, 01:48 PM
saphiremoon saphiremoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Shadow Realm
Posts: 2,898
Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
oh yeah, that used to happen to me. now my stereotype is that 'you're lazy and careless, how can you be smart and have good grades?'
That's how my parents label me. My dad, at least.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Cherrybomb Cherrybomb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 3,028
Default

'smart' and 'weird'
__________________
is it
because of you
i am
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-29-2014, 02:01 PM
meerkat meerkat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: the void
Posts: 6,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
I'm not the biggest on running. I'll do short, short spurts of it, then stop. I like swimming, but I certainly don't do it strongly (is that a word?) or quickly. My mom tells me I'm good at math, but then there's day I make a ton of mistakes. Most are ridiculous mistakes, though. So you get good grades in everything else?
I just ended up with all the easy teachers last year My math teacher was awful though. She never actually taught and kept on talking about her life. -_-
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-29-2014, 02:08 PM
venika venika is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: hmm
Posts: 2,050
Send a message via Skype™ to venika
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
oh yeah, that used to happen to me. now my stereotype is that 'you're lazy and careless, how can you be smart and have good grades?'
Yeah same. My notes are horrible (or non-exsistent), I barely study, I procrastinate until the very last minute... but yeah I do get that a lot because I get good grades. xD
__________________
my name is finny & i like the bone app the teeth meme more than i like myself
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.