Quantcast Labels - Page 4 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 07-28-2014, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
You're like my twin. I don't get the awards (ha, not when you're homeschooled), but like I've been told I'm smart, by my mother, but she's my teacher, so could be true. I'd rather do the academic stuff, anyway. But I fail at every sport, so you are my long lost twin.
Haha I'm the opposite. I'm that crazy swimmer/runner who sucks at math. Like, really sucks. >.<
That doesn't mean I can't have good grades in everything else, though.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Haha I'm the opposite. I'm that crazy swimmer/runner who sucks at math. Like, really sucks. >.<
That doesn't mean I can't have good grades in everything else, though.
I'm not the biggest on running. I'll do short, short spurts of it, then stop. I like swimming, but I certainly don't do it strongly (is that a word?) or quickly. My mom tells me I'm good at math, but then there's day I make a ton of mistakes. Most are ridiculous mistakes, though. So you get good grades in everything else?
Old 07-28-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
I hate it when people who don't know me (other grades) think I'm an idiot because I'm good a sports (because if you're athletic, you OBVIOUSLY can't be clever, too, right? X_X). And then people in my own grade don't think I'm that athletic because I'm in gifted and got the academic award and shtuff (but I also got the MVP for volleyball and the gold medal at 400m in our entire school district...?). So yes. I hate it when people label you as a 'jock', and think you have no brains, or a 'nerd', and think you can't kick a ball.
oh yeah, that used to happen to me. now my stereotype is that 'you're lazy and careless, how can you be smart and have good grades?'
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
I'm labelled as 'smart', 'weird' (I prefer eccentric, thank you very much) and I don't know.

I label myself as awesome. Because self-confidence is a good thing. It's either that or insecurity, in my case. My anxiety does not need to cover my sense of self-worth.
weird
Old 07-29-2014, 01:45 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika

Quote:
You're like my twin. I don't get the awards (ha, not when you're homeschooled), but like I've been told I'm smart, by my mother, but she's my teacher, so could be true. I'd rather do the academic stuff, anyway. But I fail at every sport, so you are my long lost twin.
Ohmygosh twinsies. xD :P Haha, every single time I try to do anything even slightly athletic, I fail at it. Yay for non sport stuff.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:48 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
oh yeah, that used to happen to me. now my stereotype is that 'you're lazy and careless, how can you be smart and have good grades?'
That's how my parents label me. My dad, at least.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:01 PM

'smart' and 'weird'
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 07-29-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I'm not the biggest on running. I'll do short, short spurts of it, then stop. I like swimming, but I certainly don't do it strongly (is that a word?) or quickly. My mom tells me I'm good at math, but then there's day I make a ton of mistakes. Most are ridiculous mistakes, though. So you get good grades in everything else?
I just ended up with all the easy teachers last year My math teacher was awful though. She never actually taught and kept on talking about her life. -_-
Old 07-29-2014, 02:08 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
Yeah same. My notes are horrible (or non-exsistent), I barely study, I procrastinate until the very last minute... but yeah I do get that a lot because I get good grades. xD