Quantcast One Year Left NES - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2014, 02:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika

Name (first and last): Terran Hadley
Age: recently turned 17. her 18th birthday falls on the day the world is supposed to end on Earth.
Appearance (doesn't have to be very detailed): Hair that is a bright shade of purple that fades into a medium blue. Bright grey eyes. Has glasses but usually wears contacts. Wears boyish clothes and supports the barefoot moment (she doesn't wear shoes at all).
Alliance (Utopians, Vanquishers or Steels): starts off as Utopian, changes to Vanquishers as the story progresses because she's sick of the lack of action in the Utopians' group.
Personality: Boyish and rebellious (good or bad, whichever way you want to say it). At first, she's a cocky, very intelligent, typically 'hyper' tomboy with a penchant for computer programming. However, she learns to utilize that extra energy (and extremely low attention span) to work with the technology the Vanquishers use. She is not interested in any sort of femininity and is much more of a masochist than the Utopians would have liked. She's impulsive but is pretty emotionless usually. She bears grudges for a long while and is constantly playing 'harmless' pranks on people she dislikes, therefore earning the wrath of whomever has the 'misfortune' to supervise her.
Are you a traitor? (working for the other side of your chosen alliance): Well, apart from changing her alliance at the beginning/middle of the story, no, she doesn't betray the Vanquishers.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:45 PM

Location: Somewhere eating twizzlers trying to figure out life

Name: Denim 'Z' Lee

Appearance: http://coolasianhair.com/wp-content/...uxhawk-red.jpg
Leather jacket, scarf in picture, black pants, black shoes. Black sunglasses when he feels like it.

Personality: Cold and sometimes cruel to most, though he does find the very few that become his friends. When friends are formed, he can still be pretty cold to them, finding it difficult to admit that he trusts them and likes them, but there are times when the select special few bring out is warmest side. This is rare and should not be taken lightly.
He is a man of action and can't handle being idle, has a bit of a temper but would never take it out on anyone who wasn't deserving. He is a smart young man, genius honestly but he does not share this, and very skillful when it comes to his fighting and agility. His problems mainly show up when involving other people, as he is not very good with them. Speaks many languages and loves learning new things.

Alliance (Utopians, Vanquishers or Steels): Vanquishers. His father is a Steel, but he is a hateful old man and Z disagrees strongly with this group of "bastards" as he calls them. Mother was a Utopian but was killed by a group of Steels, his father did nothing about. Thus, he hates the Steels, despised the Utopians for their passive ways, and became a Vanquisher.

Are you a traitor?: Never, though he may act like it, the boy is as loyal as there is out there.

I thought maybe he could meet up with Terran and help persuade her to change sides?? Lol, just something that popped in my head when I read her form ^.^

You. Are. Loved! Fact.
<3

Last edited by Maiven; 07-30-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:51 PM

(So when would you like to start?)

Last edited by meerkat; 07-30-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: brackets
Old 07-30-2014, 01:58 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

(Whenever. I'm fine with all times. Can we talk in brackets when we're out of character though?)
Old 07-30-2014, 02:23 PM

(I think I'll just wait for someone else to start because I really don't know what to write.)
Old 07-30-2014, 02:46 PM

(wait for the founder to return, huh? What narrative voice should we use anyway?)

Last edited by rebecca; 07-30-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:36 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika

(hey guys, internet problems kept me away. c: so, um, I think first person would seem confusing, what with all the characters and stuff? so i'm more in favor of third person, maybe third person limited so that we get a little insight into what your character is thinking or feeling without making it confusing. if that's what you meant by narrative voice...)

(and um, if anyone wants to start, they can... i'm not very good at starting NES's XD)
Old 07-30-2014, 06:09 PM

(Okay, got it. Always done Nova in first person before, but hey, I can work with it)

It was dark in the office, the only light coming from a lamp balanced precariously upon a stack of textbooks. Within the circle of light, a hand could be seen, scribbling frantically, occasionally catching upon the wire. There was muffled swearing, and the pen was passed to the other hand, to continue writing, while the lamp was moved. In doing so, all the books fell from the desk, but the ambidextrous writer ignored it.

Now the light shone more on their face - that of an androgynous young person with scruffy fair hair. They were muttering a little as they wrote. Anyone listening in would have struggled to understand. Anyone listening in would have to be invisible. The office had no windows. No way out. Nova Clarik was trapped. She - there were no decent gender-neutral pronouns, were there? 'She' was what she had to go on. - worked all night.

Better that than sleeping. Sleeping was wasting time she could be being productive. It was unfair. The Vanquishers had the best tech, and the Steels were years behind. Her task was to beat them at their own game. Of course, if she wanted to, she COULD, but did she? An interesting question, and one for another time.

Nova stood up and went to the door. It wasn't locked - well, she wouldn't call that locked - so she opened it with ease and strolled out. Her mismatch socks made no sound on the floor. She made a few turns and went to her favourite place - a balcony, plastic plants growing everywhere. And she pulled out a notebook. Always working.

Even if it were for the wrong side.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:47 PM

"Hey! DiCamillo! You let any plans leak again?" said the Steel officer with a smirk.
"N-no... sir," stuttered Alyssa, nervously. She wasn't very good at keeping secrets, but because her father had worked with the Steels earlier, she was expected to as well. She had helped a little with the mini-city construction and found it to be faulty and unstable, not the sort of thing that would sustain life on Earth for generations. The Vanquishers' plan was infinitely better.

(sorry if this was too short)
Old 07-30-2014, 11:56 PM

Location: Somewhere eating twizzlers trying to figure out life

[Yay! We're starting! Haven't been in a NES/RP in forever!]

"Be careful Z!" A feminine voice called out through the metal and glass corridor, her voice soft and full of obvious affection. Said female sat at a metal desk behind her transportable hologram computer, short hair cut sharply and colored a deep purple, square glasses resting over her eyes. The woman's head rested in her hands, tilted to the side as she admired the figure of her fellow Vanquisher. She didn't even glance at the man standing behind her, giving her the same admiring gaze she was sending someone else.

The young man called 'Z' sighed in frustration as he paused his swift pace towards the exit doors. This was starting to get on his nerves. It happened every now and then, some woman would notice his looks and become attracted to him, then think his loner-type demeanor was mysterious and attractive. They never seemed to get the hint that he wasn't interested until he told them straight up.

Turning his head back slightly, not even bothering to look back at her all the way, he held his face in a completely stony expression so she would not be able to somehow make up a fantasy in her head that it was hurting him to say this.

"Don't worry about me, it's annoying. In fact, just try to pretend you can't see me, alright?" The words weren't as harsh as they could have been, but the way he said them made both the woman adoring him and the man behind her cringe, tears coming to the female's eyes. Seeing this, the man behind became furious and walked briskly towards Z, though the other boy was already continuing to take his leave.

"Who do you think you are, you jerk! What kind of heartless creep are you?" He shouted after him, rewarded with nothing but being ignored by this Z character. They knew each other rather well, actually, had gone through training together and might have even been called friends. That is until the girl Jake, that was this man's name, was in love with began to fall for Z. Then his kindness grew into bitterness and he began resenting the handsome young man more and more.

Seeing no reaction from the indifferent character, Jake decided to use something he knew would gain the other's attention. Though he would quickly regret this decision.

"Denim! Don't walk away from me you freak!" This grabbed Z's attention faster than you could blink, and before you knew it the (rather more in shape) boy had thrown Jake against the steel and glass wall, holding his shirt in a fist as he looked at him in a way that would make even the toughest man whimper.

"Don't you ever call me that again." He whispered to him in a tone that left no doubt in the victims mind that things would not end so nicely next time, just inches from his face, before shoving him into the wall one more time and leaving just like that.

"Jake! Are you okay! I can't believe that just happened, what a monster!" The woman cried as she rushed to the man's side, who now sat limply against the wall, staring into space as he tried to forget the murderous look in the other man's eyes.

Z, now angered and more deadly than usually, headed out with a slammed door behind him, ready to complete his current mission at full speed. Climbing onto his motorbike, the boy took off like he was being chased, heading out to steal some electronic or another for the Vanquishers. There was no doubt he would get it done soon, there was also no doubt someone would be getting hurt in the process.

[A bit longer than I had planned...]

You. Are. Loved! Fact.
<3