Quantcast One Year Left NES - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2014, 06:21 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

(Meera. Since ours are in the same place, they could easily meet)

At some point, it was impossible to mark when, Nova's sketches changed from blueprints to drawings of people. The proportions were a little off - longer arms and legs than they should have, but that was an artistic choice. Nova didn't like drawing people normally, probably because she didn't see the point. One could paint all the beautiful landscapes and parts of the world you could never dream of, however, people were of no interest. They didn't look overly interesting. Not until you stretched them beyond all rational explanation, so they looked like human/spider hybrids.

She scrunched the drawing up. It was pointless. There was no rational purpose to it. Returning to her work, she decided the best thing to do was work out a plan to escape. To get away. To slip out as quickly as possible...

"Clarik, inside, now."
An anonymous voice came from behind her.

But of course. There was always a guard detail somewhere nearby. Glancing around, Nova recognised the guard as the one she'd never found an imaginative nickname for. Brick Wall, Dogface and 'Kevin' had come quickly, yet still this guy remained nameless. She stood up.

"Scared I'll damage the priceless plastic plants?" She sneered.

The guards were forbidden from making conversation with her. Brick Wall had this tuned to an exact science, hence his name. Dogface tried to emulate this, but he often laughed at some of the things Nova came out with. The joke about the emu was his favourite. 'Kevin', on the other hand, would talk to Nova when he thought no one was around. This guy, on the other hand, hated her guts and had come close to striking her several times. The day he did, she could request he be moved from her detail. The Steels would give her that right. She was not that poorly treated, was she?

The guard grabbed her shoulder and dragged her indoors. Her glasses slipped off, shattering on the floor below.

That was it.
"Look what you've done you idjit!" Nova pulled her arm away from him. "I can't work now, can I, given that I can't bloody see! NEW GLASSES. NOW. If you want to vanquish the Vanquishers and dystopian the Utopian's asses, I need to be able to see! That's just common sense."

The guard really looked like he wanted to hit her, but instead, he stormed off, grunting at Nova to stay where she was. As soon as he was out of sight, she slipped in a pair of contact lenses and climbed over the edge of the balcony, dropping down onto the next level. Her completely improvised plan was in motion.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:32 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika

Gosh, was she sick of these stupid plans.

Terran buried her head in her hands, groaning softly. When she'd allied with the Utopians, she'd thought she'd be out there, making a difference, you know? But what she got was boring, boring paperwork.

She didn't even know what she was doing any more. The map spread out before her told her how much of the rainforests they had to recover by mid-December. So far, they hadn't made much progress. To change something, you needed power-- and the Utopians were too passive, too rule-abiding to seize power.

She heard the snapping of black boots on linoleum and quickly straightened out. That was her boss, Mari Dewey. Everyone could tell she was coming because of her steel-tipped footwear. Terran was thankful for the fact: Mari was normally a sweet, albeit strong-willed overseer, but if she caught you daydreaming on the job, you were filing paperwork until morning the next day.

"What progress have you made, Terran?" she asked, coming to a stop beside her.

"Er..." Terran scanned the map wildly. None of these figures made sense to her. Sure she was smart, but if you've just spent the last two hours dozing over your work instead of analyzing it, you'd be clueless too.

"I'm not getting any younger, Miss Hadley," Mari said in an all-too-sweet voice.

At that moment, the intercom crackled to life. "Alert! Alert! The Steels have destroyed two of our power centers in the Indian Ocean! Alert"

"Damn it," Mari muttered, straightening up. "Have something ready when I come back, Terran," she said as she strode away, presumably to the command center.

Terran leaned back, exhaling.

It was a hard fact to swallow, but the Utopians were not winning this battle yet.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:17 AM

Delaney stared at the ceiling. How had she gotten into this? She knew that at some point some one would come in and tell her to get to work. But that was just it. The Utopians were too passive. Maybe that was what made her agree to sabotaging them. Delaney knew she wouldn't mind too much. She liked to get things done.

In that aspect her reasons were clear. It was why she was on the Steel's side that puzzled her. Delaney had always wondered what made her on that side. Her background was so muddled by the stories she would make up about it. As far as the Utopians were concerned, her mother and father had been environmentalists, killed by poisonous gases. It gained Delaney trust from the Utopians.

She got up and wandered off.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPig View Post
Delaney stared at the ceiling. How had she gotten into this? She knew that at some point some one would come in and tell her to get to work. But that was just it. The Utopians were too passive. Maybe that was what made her agree to sabotaging them. Delaney knew she wouldn't mind too much. She liked to get things done.

In that aspect her reasons were clear. It was why she was on the Steel's side that puzzled her. Delaney had always wondered what made her on that side. Her background was so muddled by the stories she would make up about it. As far as the Utopians were concerned, her mother and father had been environmentalists, killed by poisonous gases. It gained Delaney trust from the Utopians.

She got up and wandered off.
(since both of our characters are in the Utopians-- for now, at least-- maybe they could meet sometime? ^u^)
Old 07-31-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venika View Post
(since both of our characters are in the Utopians-- for now, at least-- maybe they could meet sometime? ^u^)
(Yeah! That would be great! It's up to you.)
Old 07-31-2014, 09:42 AM

Sorry for the late entry

Name (first and last): Keaton Hunter

Appearance (doesn't have to be very detailed):Average height with a sharp jawline, red hair, dark green eyes, she has a tattoo running from the top of her neck down to her waist but she doesn't show it much. She has a fine features but a strong build.

Personality (strengths AND flaws): Sarcastic, rebellious, thrill seeker but she has a wicked temper. She is also intelligent, cunning and deceptive.

Alliance (Utopians, Vanquishers or Steels): can she not be allied with anyone please?

Are you a traitor? (working for the other side of your chosen alliance):
If she is allowed to be by herself she abandoned normal life to live by herself away from the rest of the population.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:48 AM

Location: Somewhere eating twizzlers trying to figure out life

"You guys just picked the wrong person to mess with." Z muttered darkly, rolling his shoulders before turning around slowly to face the group of street thugs that had decided to make him mad. Normally he might have simply ignored them, but they wouldn't give up, and he was in a bad mood anyway, so getting in a fight was a bit more tempting to him.

"Confident little fella, aren't we?" One of the older men, missing some of his teeth and looking like he had survived an ugly war, asked in slight annoyance. The rather gross grin of his was probably used to scaring people away, of course, Z didn't know fear. To be scared, you needed to fear pain or death, of which he did neither.

"Quite." Was his simple response, after scanning the five other men rather pointedly, with a smirk of his own. This, though it may surprised you, made the gang a bit angry; two of them rushed towards him, the other three hanging back and circling around him to better analyze the situation.

Letting his anger flow through him, figuring this was the best way to get it out, Z jumped in the air with his two legs spreading underneath him to make contact with the two other men's faces. The noise would be sickening to most people, but to him it only added to the adrenaline. Twisting around and ducking his body at the same time, he managed to dodge a punch that had been coming his way (in fact, the man actually ended up hitting his partner instead) and kick the legs out from under the attacker at the same time.

Seeing that their friends were in need of help, two more men rushed into the fight, the old Veteran with the nasty grin staying behind to watch. He must have been the leader.

Lifting his leg, Z kicked hard into the chest of one the new men rushing him, pushing his own body back into one of the first two attackers. Twisting around, her grabbed the man's hand (which had grabbed onto his shoulder) and pushed it back towards the guy's own body, hearing a cry of pain in return. Twisting the man's arm, he managed to turn him around so that he now had a human shield guarding him from the other three men who had recovered and were headed his way. Unable to stop in time, two of them left rather nasty marks on their own comrade with a swift punch to the gut and kick in the groin.

Pushing the now immobile man to the ground, Z jumped in the air and used one of the three men he still had to face to launch off of, landing on the other side of the group. Unfortunately, he had made the foolish mistake of thinking the Veteran guy was only there to look on, and didn't expect the impact of hard metal connecting with his face. The old man had literally just slammed a metal pipe into his face. What a cheap shot.

Trying to ignore the excruciating pain, and the blood coming from his mouth, Z continued fighting. Of course, the other men took advantage of his sudden weakness and all jumped him. Punched in the nose and kicked hard in the gut, the boy was finally able to jump out of the mob that had surrounded him. Grabbing the neck of one guy and swinging around over his shoulder, pulling the man's head hard into the head of his friend so they were both left to crumble. Just one guy left, well and the crazy old Veteran with a pipe.

Not liking the odds, the other guy was suddenly hesitant, trying to weigh his options. Making eye contact with the older man, the younger thug nodded slightly and they both made a move towards Z. Pipe raised and deadly smirk in place, the old man yelled what sounded like some sort of war cry and the two attackers suddenly lunged at him. How careless.

Grabbing the pipe, Z twisted it in his hands, resulting in also twisting up the mans arms and shoulders. Gaining a pained cry from the old geezer, Z turned with the pipe still in both their hands, and slung the older man into the body of the younger. About to end it with a few expert kicks and punches, the boy froze at the sound of sirens. The police had been notified about the fight somehow, probably coming to see if any rebels were involved. See, the police worked for the Steels, and if they could capture a Vanquisher because he had gotten in some stupid fight, well let's just say they would be overjoyed.

Making a small grunting noise, Z spat some blood beside the pile of groaning bodies, before taking off, disappearing almost immediately. At least he had let most of his anger out, even if it had left him in a less desirable state. Blood came from his nose and mouth, one eye bruised and turning black. His gut was no doubt in the same bruising state. Didn't matter to him, though, it never did.

You. Are. Loved! Fact.
<3
Old 07-31-2014, 12:12 PM

(Don't know what to post...)
Old 07-31-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPig View Post
(Yeah! That would be great! It's up to you.)
(Okay, I'll just write a bit, then... )

Terran sighed as she stood up. The alarm meant that all work was postponed, for now. She joined her fellow employees/recruits as they trudged wearily out of the little room. She was one of the first to sign off on the register near the exit.

She wasn't friends with any of the others. It wasn't that she was shy, just that a lot of the Utopians were already separated into their little cliques.

She wandered off into the little street the exit lead off, figuring that, since it was only about half past six in the evening, she could take a little time off before returning to her flat. Hands in pockets, she strode aimlessly forward, not sure of where she was going. She wasn't afraid of getting lost-- she knew the little town as well as she knew the alphabet.

Suddenly, she caught sight of another figure, a little bit ahead, but close enough that Terran could make out the blue hair and pale skin. As Terran drew closer, she realized that the other girl was also working for the Utopians: however, they were probably working on different assignments, seeing as they'd never met before.

"Hi," Terran said boldly. "You work for the Utopians too, right? I'm Terran." She grinned.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:35 PM

Delaney turned around in surprise. Most people tended to leave her alone. It was partially her fault. Delaney preferred to ruin the Utopians' plans with out ruining her compassion as well. Although why she was supposed to ruin it she wasn't sure. The Utopians weren't useful to the Steels like the Vanquishers.

Delaney studied the girl who had introduced herself as Terran that stood in front of her. She was barefoot and wearing boxy shirts and jeans. Her hair was purple changing color to blue at the bottom. The part Delaney noticed most though, were her eyes, which were a shining gray. Delaney decided she was maybe a year older, friend worthy.

She spun a tale in her mind to tell her, a backstory of before her previous one for the Utopians. However, Delaney decided to start simple. "Terran, was it? I'm Delaney." She considered risking a joke about being a Steel, but instead said, "Hey, how about we exchange tales of ending up with the Utopians?"

(I dunno...)

Last edited by FlyingPig; 07-31-2014 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Purple spaghetti.