Quantcast CC - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 03-25-2014, 10:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon
Default CC

Note: I wasn't really sure where to put this... hope this is okay. c:

I was just browsing around the mainsite and made a comment with CC (constructive criticism, for any new to KidPub terms). The writer said that he really appreciated it. However, I've made a few comments with CC before and writers haven't exactly appreciated it. So, I was thinking that maybe us KPers could honestly say if we wanted CC or not.

To be honest, I always say 'Please give CC!' but my pride/arrogance is too much, and sometimes when the CC does come, I unintentionally get... annoyed, to put it lightly. I'm not sure if anyone else relates (please tell me I'm not the only arrogant little thing out there), but I would like to suggest that KPers include in on their post on the mainsite if they really do want CC.

This can be easily debated (*braces self for oncoming attacks*), but I'd just like to put this out there. What I mean is: when you post something on the NSP, honestly say if you want CC or not. I certainly would comment more with CC, as the only reason I hold back is because I'm not sure if I should give any or not (I don't really want to be hated). Maybeľ probably not, but there's a slight chanceľ this will help the 'comment problem', as some put it.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
To be honest, I always say 'Please give CC!' but my pride/arrogance is too much, and sometimes when the CC does come, I unintentionally get... annoyed, to put it lightly. I'm not sure if anyone else relates (please tell me I'm not the only arrogant little thing out there).
This. This is me.
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 03-26-2014, 03:00 AM

Location: under an elm tree somewhere, summoning the spirit of virginia woolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
This. This is me.
*nods in agreement*
but oneself.

- virginia woolf
Old 03-26-2014, 09:17 PM

Sounds like a good idea! I like this- but the only problem is that not all so-called "CC" is constructive, so I also think another idea that goes with this is commenters' evaluating their own comments, to see if they got their point across in the tone they wanted.
I used to make comments that came across as super annoying or mean, and I try not to be that way when I comment now.
I love this thread and I hope it lives for a long time!
What do you guys think? (:
C'mon, Ferb!
We all ought to invite our friends to enjoy the beauty we dizcover in Life... Oops, I spelled discover with a Z ^_^'
GENERATION 8~ When you first see this, add one to the Generation and paste it on your sig as a sign of epicness. Social experiment!~
Old 03-27-2014, 01:03 PM

Yup. That's happened to me before as well. XD Now I usually just ask before I give any CC, unless they already specifically say they do/don't want any.
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 03-27-2014, 07:00 PM

I like getting CC, as long as it is actually, as MandM mentioned, constructive. Sometimes I feel like the comments people leave are just unnecessary and pointless. Although I will admit I'm just much too sensitive when it comes to CC sometimes, and I need to work on that.

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed

"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.