Quantcast The Walking Dead Fan Club - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2016, 06:10 AM

I'm so so so disappointed in the recent episode. It was absolutely terrible, just in my opinion. This show is getting so messed up and not in a good way. They're killing off characters just for the sake of killing off characters! I hate it when shows or books do that! It's just a complete waste of time to me now, watching children being eaten alive. What the hell kind of a show shows that?
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 02-20-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
I'm so so so disappointed in the recent episode. It was absolutely terrible, just in my opinion. This show is getting so messed up and not in a good way. They're killing off characters just for the sake of killing off characters! I hate it when shows or books do that! It's just a complete waste of time to me now, watching children being eaten alive. What the hell kind of a show shows that?
What about Mika? Lizzie? Sam wasn't the first kid in the Walking Dead to be killed off. Lizzie got shot in the head by her mother-figure...after she murdered her little sister. Yeah...And Noah? He was basically still a kid. He had the most brutal death of them all.

I didn't think Jessie's death was necessary, however.

And about them killing off characters for no reason, the reason is to be realistic. While the zombie apocalypse is not realistic, if it were actually happening, the scared little boy would get killed. And actually this episode was really similar to the comics
Old 02-21-2016, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
What about Mika? Lizzie? Sam wasn't the first kid in the Walking Dead to be killed off. Lizzie got shot in the head by her mother-figure...after she murdered her little sister. Yeah...And Noah? He was basically still a kid. He had the most brutal death of them all.

I didn't think Jessie's death was necessary, however.

And about them killing off characters for no reason, the reason is to be realistic. While the zombie apocalypse is not realistic, if it were actually happening, the scared little boy would get killed. And actually this episode was really similar to the comics
This is true. However, don't you think it is a bit gross how they are being killed lately? Even for the other kids who have been killed on the show, I feel like the show's losing the spark that it had in season 1. (Not season 2, obviously; that season was terrible. XD Even season 3 was okay [correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there were any children being killed in that season].) I just feel like the show is winding town into that territory where it doesn't have a plot and they're basically winging it instead of creating some huge insightful outline. For example: Game of Thrones is going off of the author's ideas. While TWD is still doing this, some of the storylines are just completely off-track and... boring?

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. XP I feel like there's this continuous... well, let's call it a Death Cycle. The Death Cycle is continuous:

Step 1 -- Character dies brutal death

Step 2 -- mourning lasts two or so episodes

Step 3 -- new characters introduced!

Step 4 -- mystery of new characters!

Step 5 -- repeat from Step 1.
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 02-21-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
This is true. However, don't you think it is a bit gross how they are being killed lately? Even for the other kids who have been killed on the show, I feel like the show's losing the spark that it had in season 1. (Not season 2, obviously; that season was terrible. XD Even season 3 was okay [correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there were any children being killed in that season].) I just feel like the show is winding town into that territory where it doesn't have a plot and they're basically winging it instead of creating some huge insightful outline. For example: Game of Thrones is going off of the author's ideas. While TWD is still doing this, some of the storylines are just completely off-track and... boring?

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. XP I feel like there's this continuous... well, let's call it a Death Cycle. The Death Cycle is continuous:

Step 1 -- Character dies brutal death

Step 2 -- mourning lasts two or so episodes

Step 3 -- new characters introduced!

Step 4 -- mystery of new characters!

Step 5 -- repeat from Step 1.
One of my favorite seasons was season two. xD
I feel like season five was not very well put together. Things just happened so fast (like the Terminus stuff and Gareth dying). In season four they worked up to getting to Terminus forever and then when they got there, they were only there for a tiny bit. It was disappointing. As was Beth's death and more things that happened in season five.
Even the season five finale wasn't that great in my opinion.

I wish they would focus more on some of our veteran characters like Maggie, who barely gets any screen time. Not to long ago didn't they reveal that she was pregnant? But I don't think they have brought it up again since, so most people have probably forgot.

Anyway, I think that this show is at its greatest when there is a great antagonist. When the Governor was the big baddy in season 3-4A, the show was simply more interesting than now and did feel like it was going somewhere.

ALSO, I think that when our main group is staying somewhere permanently that they can call home, it is more fun to watch. Ex. Season one- that camp thing beside the quarry; Season Two- Hershel's Farm; Season Three- The Prison; Season 4A- The Prison...and then they had no permanent home UNTIL halfway through season five.

And they are just now getting used to Alexandria.

I'm getting so off topic xD Okay goodbye.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
One of my favorite seasons was season two. xD
I feel like season five was not very well put together. Things just happened so fast (like the Terminus stuff and Gareth dying). In season four they worked up to getting to Terminus forever and then when they got there, they were only there for a tiny bit. It was disappointing. As was Beth's death and more things that happened in season five.
Even the season five finale wasn't that great in my opinion.

I wish they would focus more on some of our veteran characters like Maggie, who barely gets any screen time. Not to long ago didn't they reveal that she was pregnant? But I don't think they have brought it up again since, so most people have probably forgot.

Anyway, I think that this show is at its greatest when there is a great antagonist. When the Governor was the big baddy in season 3-4A, the show was simply more interesting than now and did feel like it was going somewhere.

ALSO, I think that when our main group is staying somewhere permanently that they can call home, it is more fun to watch. Ex. Season one- that camp thing beside the quarry; Season Two- Hershel's Farm; Season Three- The Prison; Season 4A- The Prison...and then they had no permanent home UNTIL halfway through season five.

And they are just now getting used to Alexandria.

I'm getting so off topic xD Okay goodbye.
Alright I'll agree with you on all of that. xD I believe that season one was the strongest season however. It's just that season two was soooooo slooooow.
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 02-21-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Alright I'll agree with you on all of that. xD I believe that season one was the strongest season however. It's just that season two was soooooo slooooow.
And I know that the biggest bad guy from the comics is going to be introduced to the show sometime this half of the season, so we will see what comes.

I watched season two in about a day xD so that probably changes my perspective on whether it was slow or not.